Ever Played Against A Rangers Player

Domthenbud

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played against Andy Gray in schools football when I was at Kinning Park secondary school and played with Bobby Shearer for Lafferty builders against St Mungos FP at their open day .Played up front with Jimmy Johnstone in that game and we won 2-0 with Jinky scoring one and me the other,

Played against John Spencer a number of times in school games.

Also used to play 5s in a youth club thing up at Mearns Castle in the early 80s and the organiser used to get Rangers and sellick players along most weeks. Played with and against Russell, Redford, Prytz, Cooper, McLelland, Dawson, Nicholl, etc.

Charlie if his head was in it without all the carry on would have been the best Rangers player to have came through in my lifetime! What a player but also struggled with his weight mostly due to his lifestyle, he can still be immensely proud ov the career he had ?

He was, by a country mile, the best youth footballer i've ever seen..

As you say, his lifestyle let him down..

No Rangers players but a couple of right slimey wee fenians in Darrian McKinnon (Hamilton) and Zander Diamond (ex Aberdeen God knows where now)

Darrian was always ok. Decent player but would have never thought of him as a first team starter for an SPL side ... Zander Diamond was actually a striker. Cracking player. Used to average literally 4/5 goals every game he played.

No Rangers players but a couple of right slimey wee fenians in Darrian McKinnon (Hamilton) and Zander Diamond (ex Aberdeen God knows where now)

Darrian was always ok. Decent player but would have never thought of him as a first team starter for an SPL side ... Zander Diamond was actually a striker. Cracking player. Used to average literally 4/5 goals every game he played.

Northampton.

Growing up most my life in Toronto I usually only ever came across ex Caribbean internationals and the like, but I did play against Steven McDougall who was apparently with us as a youth before moving elsewhere in Scotland.

I remember at half one of the boys got into it with him and McDougall kept saying "google me", so I did. First thing that pops up was an article from his pregnant wife saying he had abandoned them. I walked back on the pitch and said "you made a mistake telling us to google you mate.", he took some pelters the rest of the game. Average player as well.

Played against John Spencer a number of times in school games.

Also used to play 5s in a youth club thing up at Mearns Castle in the early 80s and the organiser used to get Rangers and sellick players along most weeks. Played with and against Russell, Redford, Prytz, Cooper, McLelland, Dawson, Nicholl, etc.

As long as you didn't play in the same school team as Spencer.

As long as you didn't play in the same school team as Spencer.

Nah, I was at Williamwood when Spencer was at st ninian's. First game my year played against them we won 9-3. Hes cored all 3 of their goals right enough but our CF scored 6 :cool: .

Added bonus at Williamwood was that I had Derek Grierson as my teacher for Higher Maths.