Madden Apology To Halliday

BEE

Just now, jim white's a bear said:

Fuck fair-play to those cunts. It's not fair play when they're making decisions that other teams rarely face e.g. Barry Cook

Who's another Bear, incidentally. Kind of.

2 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

The ref was conned in that game. I'd demand an apology from that 'official' who sent him off against Morton. 

Fuck the apology; I'd be demanding a legitimate reason why it was a yellow card in the first place.

12 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The beggars will have a field day with this .Never forgotten the high profile apology Craig Thompson gave to them .Made me sick then,but since has given loads of dodgy decisions in their favour .

It's not just Craig Thompson that's given them dodgy decisions mate. 

As a Scottish referee you don't get FIFA recognition until the ref has given them, at the very least, 5 dodgy decisions, it's in the SFA rules somewhere...

Fuck him and his apology, he clearly cant do his fucking job properly, he should never referee another one of our games.

Apology isnt enough, he should be reprimanded. Would all of yous be saying "fair dues" and "respect to him for apologizing" if it has cost us the game?

1 hour ago, Willis said:

Fuck him and his apology, he clearly cant do his fucking job properly, he should never referee another one of our games.

Apology isnt enough, he should be reprimanded. Would all of yous be saying "fair dues" and "respect to him for apologizing" if it has cost us the game?

That's a load of nonsense. The referee is entitled to act on what appears to have been an incident, and it isn't for him to gauge if a player has faked a headbutt or not; not from the angle he had at the time. What more do you want, the red card was rescinded and the referee apologised; but that appears not good enough for you?

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

That's a load of nonsense. The referee is entitled to act on what appears to have been an incident, and it isn't for him to gauge if a player has faked a headbutt or not. What more do you want, the red card was rescinded and the referee apologised; but that appears not good enough for you?

The fact we had to go to 10 men for no reason shows he isnt good enough at his job. It could have possibly cost us 3 points. If you fuck up royally like that in your job there should be consequences. Fuck his apology it means nothing.

And the fact hes done so just opens a can of worms next time he refs for our games.

So no, an apology isnt good enough, wouldnt have been enough if wed have lost the game so it shouldnt be enough if we won it.

Will it be enough for you if it happens again with this ref or another and we end up losing?

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

The fact we had to go to 10 men for no reason shows he isnt good enough at his job. It could have possibly cost us 3 points. If you fuck up royally like that in your job there should be consequences. Fuck his apology it means nothing.

And the fact hes done so just opens a can of worms next time he refs for our games.

So no, an apology isnt good enough, wouldnt have been enough if wed have lost the game so it shouldnt be enough if we won it.

Will it be enough for you if it happens again with this ref or another and we end up losing?

You're talking rubbish, and end of the argument from me. 

3 minutes ago, Willis said:

The fact we had to go to 10 men for no reason shows he isnt good enough at his job. It could have possibly cost us 3 points. If you fuck up royally like that in your job there should be consequences.

Waghorn fucked up a golden chance to score against Killie. Should he lose his job for potentially costing us a cup win?

6 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Waghorn fucked up a golden chance to score against Killie. Should he lose his job for potentially costing us a cup win?

Yes. But thats a shite comparison, were talking about a ref potentially costing us a game for a decision everyone could see was wrong, not a player missing a shot.

1 minute ago, Willis said:

I suppose it is since you dont seem to have much an argument to offer

My argument is only that you think I shouldn't accept his apology, as a fan; and I just don't see the sense of what you are saying. The person who did the wrong that day wasn't the ref; surely you can appreciate that? I think the referee made an honest mistake, but he only has one pair of eyes. So I have two arguments: the referee made an honest mistake; and if he apologise then it should be accepted.

1 hour ago, Willis said:

Did you see the angle he had though? In real time with one and only one angle to see it from, and being able to see it only once, it looks totally like Halliday had headbutted the player.

I'd have sent him off and I reckon most people would have. I mean, watch the second angle here once...

https://streamable.com/nxbn

all refs in this country need to do is settle down a bit when we are playing and stop being afraid to give us decisions that are obviously in our favour. So far, they have been at pains to show they are not favouring us - so we dont get anything. 

Andy Halliday shouldn't have went public with this imo, it puts Madden in a difficult position now.