Nikos pass yesterday

RFCRobertson

It's catch 22 with Niko for me. His lack of pace slows us down, and we're at our best when we're fizzing the ball about and running teams ragged. But it's also very evident that he is a gifted player and can spot passes that other players don't see. He was involved in both our goals yesterday and played a big part in us winning the game.

3 minutes ago, BF2 said:

It's catch 22 with Niko for me. His lack of pace slows us down, and we're at our best when we're fizzing the ball about and running teams ragged. But it's also very evident that he is a gifted player and can spot passes that other players don't see. He was involved in both our goals yesterday and played a big part in us winning the game.

He made the difference when he came on. We need to get that out him from the start for 70 mins though. If not then he is a bit of a luxury.

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I have a feeling MW wants more than that from him.

I know, but he was  poor as a starter vs Hamilton. How much fitter is he actually going to get? It's a lack of energy in midfield thats seen us struggle so far - niko's a great player but I don't know if he'll be a starter every week. Think he will start games but sparingly, and mostly home games. 

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Miller was offside.

Suggest a visit to the optometrist 

Back to the Op, Nico can add that quality final ball to split defenses that we were crying out for last season.  My only concern is hit fitness, if we can get 60 mins per game out of him he will be massive for us this season.  Guy is quality.

6 hours ago, BF2 said:

as was KM although I did think he should have passed too Dodoo but strikers do get selfish which is a natural trait 

No sure how to find old posts but that pass summed up exactly what I said he would bring in the transfer forum when we were rumoured to sign him. 

Struggling to break teams down and his vision  and ability could provide a bit of magic to help break teams down when we are struggling. Plenty more to come from him once we get up ton speed