Right here goes ..

K.A.I

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Doesn't need to do anything wrong. If there's is someone performing better then they deserve to play IMO.

Gilks is a better keeper than Wes and Hodson is better defensively than Tav.

I'd probably disagree that Gilks is performing better than Foderingham, but fair enough if that's your opinion mate (tu)

Again I'd disagree on replacing Tav because I think he offers more all round than Hodson does, but wouldn't be averse to seeing him replace Tav in certain situations or games. I think maybe that's where the manager is stubborn is our system. Tav will always offer more to the system Warburton likes to play.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not being unfair on Warburton. I think he's a decent football manager who's been let down badly by Dave King but my point is that he doesn't help himself either. Today prime example.

doesn't matter who Warburton would've picked mate we lack the quality needed to win this game atm Waggy dodoo MOH or garner ain't at the level required. Yes we can say the manager signed them but what was his alternatives

DK needs to back or sack Warburton nothing in-between

3 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I agree with u and Kai however I have 1 question, say we bump MW (I wouldn't) which good manager is going to come to us and work under that absolute rotten dirty lying bastard of a board????? Billy Davies, DMcinnes,A Mcleish. We have an excellent manager if he just relaxes how rigid he is with tactics and a wee bit a money to spend. 

We shouldn't bump him, our board should back him.

But he also needs to really pick up ahead of steam and get us into 2nd. That's where I'll judge him not on a bheast game where his players on the whole didn't turn up. Nor will I demand a sacking if we get beat in Dec unless between now and then he continues with glaring errors, ie playing underperforming players, playing folk out of position, dropping players after a strong performance, inability to get results and a good level of performance against the shit tier teams in the league...

Just now, KingKirk said:

doesn't matter who Warburton would've picked mate we lack the quality needed to win this game atm Waggy dodoo MOH or garner ain't at the level required. Yes we can say the manager signed them but what was his alternatives

DK needs to back or sack Warburton nothing in-between

I actually completely agree. My overall narrative is that we lacked any sort of quality to go ahead and beat Celtic like we should. That's so obvious.

But Warburton isn't blameless either - for the reasons mentioned.

Over-riding factor is King and his lies about investment and us not having the quality to compete as a result.

You just have to look at the ridiculous status the official Rangers Facebook page has put up there "Rangers contained Celtic for the majority of the game" .. fucking contained? who are we? St Mirren? the club is a fucking shambles from top to bottom.

We didn't believe that we could win today and that is just unacceptable.

We set up against them the way mid table SPL dross do.

Physically and mentally weak.

Physically weak as in we get bullied off the ball in every area of the park and struggle to win any tackles/stop crosses etc. Wallace's defending at the the goal as an example.

Mentally weak in that every time we win the ball back we always try and pass the ball backwards. We never try to counter attack quick and instead play ourselves into trouble.

Warburton said he watched their game during the week, clearly fucking lied

Heres what they (Borrusia) did, moved the ball, kept composure

Heres what we did, lost the ball, panicked

They were brave and had fight

We shat it and didn't put in more than 2 meaty challenges

They mixed the passing, crisp into midfield or long to the wingers, kept them guessing and on or their toes

We played it to the wings or defence every time or just booted it up the park, made it all predictable 

Their midfielders were looking for the ball and finding pockets of space

Our midfielders hid

Anyone wanting a serious solution to allowing Celtic to play good, see today's game, made it so so easy today and the frustrating thing is they are absolutely shite, we are worse and can play a lot better, I wish they would stop looking like rabbits caught in headlights, they are a mediocre team with confidence, go at the them and you have a chance, let them play and we get beat, so fucking obvious it's ridiculous 

MoH on the bench, Waghorn on the bench, what the fuck Warburton?

Brings Dodoo on, sums him up for me, he was, good post KAI but one disagreement I have is the thin ice was there after the piggery game, it's broken ice now

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I actually completely agree. My overall narrative is that we lacked any sort of quality to go ahead and beat Celtic like we should. That's so obvious.

Over-riding factor is King and his lies about investment and us not having the quality to compete as a result.

You just have to look at the ridiculous status the official Rangers Facebook page has put up there "Rangers contained Celtic for the majority of the game" .. fucking contained? who are we? St Mirren? the club is a fucking shambles from top to bottom.

Don't upset the suck ups FFS!

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's my worry mate that unless we start getting investment asap containing might become our only hope. January and summer windows are gonna be our biggest windows we've had in a long time. Sharp increase in quality of player needed.

1 minute ago, jamess said:

I agree we were collectively and individually poor,  but just don't see the point in picking out individual players for special criticism,  which seems to be breaking out all over the Forum.

Personally speaking I thought (individually) they all put in a shift and done their best and played probably as good as they could - I didn't agree with the tactics and the fact that even though it's not their fault for today it's obvious we need a step up in quality. It's nothing personal, they did their best today but the quality we need isn't there. No point denying it.

Holt and Halliday are two of the most average midfielders I've ever seen at our club. If they were around during 9 in a row they would be on a par with someone like Neil Murray.

Warburton team is setup not to score goals, even last season we struggled against lesser opposition to score, he has to be commended for adapting the line up today, but sadly they were sliced up too easily and second to almost every ball and gave the ball away needlessly, combined with the same under achieving players that have been brought to the club to fit into his system and it is flawed in every aspect. The manager has to take the blame for an inept squad and football, he needs to go now and a hard nosed manager backed with cash in January, if not then we will just go sideways like Waburtons football ethos.

25 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I actually thought that the odd decision of Tav at right wing nullified the attacking threat of Tierney and Sinclair (arguably the filths strongest area of the pitch). It worked in my opinion. Had Wallace not completely shutoff we'd have taken them to extra time. 

As you say, the overriding difference is that they have had sustained investment in their playing squad. This has happened over the last 5 years, while we've only really had 3 transfer windows with peanuts spent in comparison.

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Personally speaking I thought (individually) they all put in a shift and done their best and played probably as good as they could - I didn't agree with the tactics and the fact that even though it's not their fault for today it's obvious we need a step up in quality. It's nothing personal, they did their best today but the quality we need isn't there. No point denying it.

Holt and Halliday are two of the most average midfielders I've ever seen at our club. If they were around during 9 in a row they would be on a par with someone like Neil Murray.

Nail on head, I don't blame the players, I thought they gave all they had today, but sadly its not enough for a club like Rangers.

1 hour ago, Jdee.RFC said:

Horrible to see but agree in most parts ! Warburton has a massive part to play today and got it so wrong on so many levels.

I don't think he got it wrong at all . He changed things eg Hodson- Tav further up. Gilks was outstanding. In fact I think that's the best defensive display we've had since he arrived. 

It's simply down to the standard of player we have compared to them - that's more to do with the board than the dugout. 

Obviously it's good to have put up more of a fight than the last game but we offered so little and constantly rode our luck with how much we kept giving possession away, long distance away from being good enough 

Finances play some part but so do the management and players that we have, they should be doing better 

10 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Nail on head, I don't blame the players, I thought they gave all they had today, but sadly its not enough for a club like Rangers.

We are where we are. 

We don't have the finances to compete at the moment. In the cold hard light of day, they have better players because the have consistently spent money on players.

We've cobbled together a team of free transfers, youth players and older pros and expected to storm a league at the first time of asking. 

1 hour ago, Mols94 said:

I keep hearing that celtic aren't that good of a team.

The point is they don't need to be, they just need to be better than us and at the minute their miles ahead.

Indeed they are - hard it is to accept.

We were never realistically going to challenge them this season in my opinion. The beasts board took a gamble in the tranny shagger and it paid off. 

As an inept performance as I have witnessed in a while.

We lack a physical presence, creativity and character, far less the step up in quality of player needed. Players out of position and underperforming players again given the nod.

There were a couple of shrinking violets out there today, McKay the worst of them. I thought he might have turned himself around today, but it just didn't happen. If Warburton doesn't drop him after that performance, he is not the man.

Also, this passing it out from the back shite really does need to stop. Fucking amateur night for us. The players are just not comfortable with it and it is as cringe worthy as it is embarrassing looking.

On the plus side, the central defence was improved and Gilks is a keeper!

Bottom line though, that score line flatters us, but MW does have one hand tied behind his back, as we just do not posses the quality of player to do the job in the top tier and challenge the scum. They are not that brilliant, but we are light years behind them. It all comes down to the board and the lack of investment. They are not the stewards that this club demands. The gap between THEM and us can but only widen as they have more than adequate funding should it be required. If anyone thinks that the scum will not win this league, they need their head examined. From that, another pop at the CL and the windfall that goes with it. This team just might improve, but not enough, as the quality just isn't there and that will take money. 

5 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Indeed they are - hard it is to accept.

We were never realistically going to challenge them this season in my opinion. The beasts board took a gamble in the tranny shagger and it paid off. 

All they added in terms of players was Dembele and Sinclair to the team that where dropping like flies in the Scottish cup semi last year because we out passed and out ran them now they look fitter and sharper than us and in terms of management Warburton is miles behind Rodgers.

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We are where we are. 

We don't have the finances to compete at the moment. In the cold hard light of day, they have better players because the have consistently spent money on players.

We've cobbled together a team of free transfers, youth players and older pros and expected to storm a league at the first time of asking. 

The board have been inept in bringing investment, signings and a good manager to the club, thats why we are where we are today, the team has been inept in scoring goals, defensively, a poor midfield and players brought in this season on the whole have made us even worse than last season. As for storming the league, they can hardly get a shot on goal FFs, they are lesser teams than us in this league that have a better goal average, the manager is a toothless dud that will fudge it against lesser opposition and choke on anyone who gives us a game.

14 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

As an inept performance as I have witnessed in a while.

We lack a physical presence, creativity and character, far less the step up in quality of player needed. Players out of position and underperforming players again given the nod.

There were a couple of shrinking violets out there today, McKay the worst of them. I thought he might have turned himself around today, but it just didn't happen. If Warburton doesn't drop him after that performance, he is not the man.

Also, this passing it out from the back shite really does need to stop. Fucking amateur night for us. The players are just not comfortable with it and it is as cringe worthy as it is embarrassing looking.

On the plus side, the central defence was improved and Gilks is a keeper!

Bottom line though, that score line flatters us, but MW does have one hand tied behind his back, as we just do not posses the quality of player to do the job in the top tier and challenge the scum. They are not that brilliant, but we are light years behind them. It all comes down to the board and the lack of investment. They are not the stewards that this club demands. The gap between THEM and us can but only widen as they have more than adequate funding should it be required. If anyone thinks that the scum will not win this league, they need their head examined. From that, another pop at the CL and the windfall that goes with it. This team just might improve, but not enough, as the quality just isn't there and that will take money. 

If that lot had their shooting boots on today it would have been a cricket score, the scoreline has helped Warburton fudge it again, the man has setup Rangers on an epic fail, he needs to go and fast if we have any hope in the next two years.

56 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Warburton said he watched their game during the week, clearly fucking lied

Heres what they (Borrusia) did, moved the ball, kept composure

Heres what we did, lost the ball, panicked

They were brave and had fight

We shat it and didn't put in more than 2 meaty challenges

They mixed the passing, crisp into midfield or long to the wingers, kept them guessing and on or their toes

We played it to the wings or defence every time or just booted it up the park, made it all predictable 

Their midfielders were looking for the ball and finding pockets of space

Our midfielders hid

Anyone wanting a serious solution to allowing Celtic to play good, see today's game, made it so so easy today and the frustrating thing is they are absolutely shite, we are worse and can play a lot better, I wish they would stop looking like rabbits caught in headlights, they are a mediocre team with confidence, go at the them and you have a chance, let them play and we get beat, so fucking obvious it's ridiculous 

MoH on the bench, Waghorn on the bench, what the fuck Warburton?

Brings Dodoo on, sums him up for me, he was, good post KAI but one disagreement I have is the thin ice was there after the piggery game, it's broken ice now

Agree with most of that mate except ,Halliday and Holt were good for me . It was other players that cost us .

When we play with 10 men ,we did as McKay was not interested one bit . It does make it much harder