Candidates for CFOO

What sort of person do we expect to be in the running for this job? Given Nerlinger knocked us back, I'd assume we are now lowering our expectations of the caliber of person we are looking to appoint.

I'd like to see someone like Arthur Numan, or maybe Peter Huistra, preferably a continental ex-player, but the pool of possible applicants shouldn't be restricted to just that.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of person do we expect to be in the running for this job? Given Nerlinger knocked us back, I'd assume we are now lowering our expectations of the caliber of person we are looking to appoint.

I'd like to see someone like Arthur Numan, or maybe Peter Huistra, preferably a continental ex-player, but the pool of possible applicants shouldn't be restricted to just that.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that he's knocked us back?

All I've seen so far is a quoteless article that one paper ran with.

Don't know. People just throw foreign names about.

I'd be looking for someone who has done the role previously and been successful at it with a club at a similar level to us.

Not even bothered about the position tbh though. Much rather try and bring in Huw Jennings from Fulham to sort our our youth set-up.

I am not sure we need an ex-player, in my mind we need someone who can promote the club, build strategies and control media interaction, along with running the local business in terms of stadium and training facilities. None of that requires footballing skills but more so Business skills.

So, my nomination for the role would be David Longmuir. I am not sure what he is doing since he was hounded from the SFL by those corrupt bassa's in the SPL but I am sure that experience would make up for any lack of playing history with our club.

Anyone who has a clear vision for the future of our footballing needs for our club. Cause it is apparent McCoist is only looking at the short term i.e First Team.

But i am wondering who is going to heading up the new Commercial department trying to bring in new deals ( look at some of the top clubs in the world and they are associated with many companies.)

Rangers have personally really lacked in this area for a number of years, the 32Red sponsorship was a good move - taking away the link up with them across the city and is quite a well-known brand.

We all know Philip Nash is currently involved with us and he seemed to do good things for Liverpool whilst he was around.

Im really sorry guys, but WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS OBSESSION WITH EX PLAYERS, the only way we will progress is with someone with no fucking contact with the old regime, who can bring in a brand of football that ally will never be able to develop, and before some arsehole starts....this not another bash ally post.........this is a positive post and if anyone watched the ventura game as I did, they can only agree