No Orange shirt

Even with a traditionally large orange, loyalist, unionist fan base?

Or do only certain traditions count?

Historically the Rangers home shirt was exclusively blue and white. 1973 was the first time I'm aware that red featured on a home shirt and even then it's not a feature that's there every year. The away shirts were either red or white with the occasional bit of blue added. 1993/94 was the first time a Rangers top featured any colour that wasn't red white or blue.

Historically the Rangers home shirt was exclusively blue and white. 1973 was the first time I'm aware that red featured on a home shirt and even then it's not a feature that's there every year. The away shirts were either red or white with the occasional bit of blue added. 1993/94 was the first time a Rangers top featured any colour that wasn't red white or blue.

I appreciate that but that's not the point I'm making

There's more to a clubs tradition that the colours of tops they have released in the past

Apart from the infamous yellow and Cyan hooped strip by Admiral in the 1891/92 season.

Black and red socks. The colours of Govan.

Black does have historical significance to our football club.

We've also played at Glasgow Green lets get that green top out now

My point is if your going to use traditions as an excuse for top colours then you can apply just a out anything to it

We've also played at Glasgow Green lets get that green top out now

My point is if your going to use traditions as an excuse for top colours then you can apply just a out anything to it

Unless it's a stupid idea for other reasons.