Players Out/players In

GraP

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kiss from Ross County/Cardiff would be a decent pick up.

He's only 23/24, he's a full international and he's obviously not in Cardiff's long term plans if they have been willing to loan him out twice in the past eighteen months.

Obviously he's not going to be a world beater but he'd be a decent option in the squad and add a much needed physical presence to the team/squad too.

Anya is another one. He's on the verge of being a Premiership player and people think we are going to get him on loan <cr>

Was just about to say this! On loan?! :lol:

Jesus wept.

Sibbald, Allan, an experienced CB in the EPL or Championship and a commanding goalkeeper would be a good start.

I genuinely wonder what Billy McKay's situation is now.

He's barely played for Wigan since he signed, I'm not sure if they might have signed him with one eye on next season considering where they were in the league, but he was signed by a manager who isn't there anymore by a club who are probably going to look to clear the decks and balance the books once they go down.

It would be worth picking up the phone and asking IMO.

I genuinely wonder what Billy McKay's situation is now.

He's barely played for Wigan since he signed, I'm not sure if they might have signed him with one eye on next season considering where they were in the league, but he was signed by a manager who isn't there anymore by a club who are probably going to look to clear the decks and balance the books once they go down.

It would be worth picking up the phone and asking IMO.

Decent shout! He's a good player. His contract was due to expire in the summer I think, we could have got ourselves a bargain if we'd acted earlier.

Decent shout! He's a good player. His contract was due to expire in the summer I think, we could have got ourselves a bargain if we'd acted earlier.

I'm sure they only paid about £175,000 for him because of his contract situation, which is an absolute steal. I don't want to harp on about it, but we've probably paid McCoist more than that since he went on gardening leave :anguish:

A STRIKER! One that can score goals preferably.

I said a start! Calm it you.

I honestly don't know who I'd look for in the striking department, the money they cost is madness.

You look down South and the likes of Joe Garner, Rudy Gustede, Troy Deeney etc. Will cost you £5-10 Million now.

You look at how cheap Hooper was, but since the emergence of Austin and the likes the price has been bumped up horrifically. You just need to look at McCormack and that boy Asombololngaaa at Forrest.

I do think you can get a good deal in the Championship and League 1, it's just a lot harder when they're scoring a good amount of goals.

Is Adam Rooney such a bad idea?

I'm sure they only paid about £175,000 for him because of his contract situation, which is an absolute steal. I don't want to harp on about it, but we've probably paid McCoist more than that since he went on gardening leave :anguish:

Anguish indeed :( When you factor his wages and McDowall's, that's a good chunk we could have put to good use.

I'd go for Kallum Higgenbotham right mid from Partick, free in the Summer only 25, a player i rate.

Other out of contract players that could be looked at in the Summer who've played top flight football and know the Scottish game, John McGinn (20)- St Mirren, Nigel Hasselbaink (24) St Johnstone, Lionel Ainsworth (27)- Motherwell, Nick Ross (23)- Inverness, Rafael De Vita (27) - Ross Co.

I said a start! Calm it you.

I honestly don't know who I'd look for in the striking department, the money they cost is madness.

You look down South and the likes of Joe Garner, Rudy Gustede, Troy Deeney etc. Will cost you £5-10 Million now.

You look at how cheap Hooper was, but since the emergence of Austin and the likes the price has been bumped up horrifically. You just need to look at McCormack and that boy Asombololngaaa at Forrest.

I do think you can get a good deal in the Championship and League 1, it's just a lot harder when they're scoring a good amount of goals.

Is Adam Rooney such a bad idea?

Not at all, he's a really good Scottish Premiership striker. However I doubt Aberdeen would be the easiest to do business with and they'd want a decent fee for him. I tried thinking of other targets there and it's a bit of a struggle tbh without knowing the investment plans.

Hardie and Gallagher are very talented but we could get shot of Boyd, Daly and Miller this summer so we are in desperate need to quality up-front. Not that any of those three have provided much quality this season!

I'd go for Kallum Higgenbotham right mid from Partick, free in the Summer only 25, a player i rate.

Other out of contract players that could be looked at in the Summer who've played top flight football and know the Scottish game, John McGinn (20)- St Mirren, Nigel Hasselbaink (24) St Johnstone, Lionel Ainsworth (27)- Motherwell, Nick Ross (23)- Inverness, Rafael De Vita (27) - Ross Co.

Should we fail to get Vuckic, I would take Ross or McGinn. Would slot in nicely I reckon.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/304680-the-133-premiership-players-out-of-contract-at-end-of-the-season/

Not sure how often this list is updated but there's a couple of guys on it I'd take. Marley Watkins and Kallum Higginbotham would be quite good signing imo.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/304680-the-133-premiership-players-out-of-contract-at-end-of-the-season/

Not sure how often this list is updated but there's a couple of guys on it I'd take. Marley Watkins and Kallum Higginbotham would be quite good signing imo.

Them two, Ross, McGinn, Vigurs and Carswell would all be decent.

Championship out of contract players who could do us a turn.

Le Fondre (28), Bannan (25) - Bolton

Nathan Delfouneso (24 ), Nile Ranger (24), Gary Madine (24) - Blackpool

Gavin Gunning (24), , Lee Novak (26) - Birmingham

Jamie Mackie (29) - Reading

Joao Carlos Teixeria (22) -Brighton

David McGoldrick (27) - Ipswich

Sol Bamba (30) - Leeds

Yann Songo'o (23), Jay Spearing (26) - Blackburn

Matthew Connolly (27), Matel Vydra (22) - Watford

Chris Eagles (29), Simon Church (26) - Charlton

Grant Leadbitter (29), Patrick Bamford - Middlesbrough

Danny Guthrie (28) - Fulham