I've Never Seen A Hint Of Trouble At An Old Firm

Gaz52

No violence at all seen by myself only shouting banter at each other and that's how football should be. There is no need for football to descend towards this and I do hope we all come through this unscathed.....including a respectable scoreline!

Nah mate, we'll be drafting in the RAF to carpet bomb Glasgow after full time, all out civil war.

Least that's what some folk seem to be acting like will happen.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I remember from 1980 was that there was a poisonous atmosphere around the city from early on the Friday night. I don't know if I'm starting to get the same feeling this weekend.

Yep, and I suspect the various bastards in higher office, SFA, legal, Glaswegian Labour Council and Scots Labour and SNP politicians will have us if trouble happens,no matter who provokes it.

Also suspect the press would have a field day.

It really is terrible times to live in up there in Rangers hating Glasgow Council and (Anti-British) Scotland . And normally I try not to mention politics too often in here but are all you Labour voting Gers fans happy with that ?

Was probably the only time i was ever in the middle terrace at Hampden, which suggests tickets were hard to get.

Sometimes the surge of adrenalin of a crowd takes you to places you would not otherwise be, so if had been in Rangers end might have ended up on the park.

As it was watched the whole thing from the relative calm of the mid terrace as the Gers fans surged on the park (I'm sure first) then the tims.

Was totally isolated from the riot itself as was already on a downer from the cellic extra time goal (McCluskey ?).

Watched it play out until the police horses re-gained control about 20-30 minutes later then went home..

When I got home my sister who wasn't into football had seen it on TV and said "You lot were a disgrace today". I told her I stayed on the terrace.she said "You had the same scarf on though", which brought home the fact I could be guilty by association, which made me think a great deal afterwards about football's association with the bad stuff rather than the good stuff in those days (just about every big team had a violent following then),asI believe football, if run properly and treated properly is such a great thing for the general good.

Your memory is a bit off regards how it all started that day at Hampden.

Some fuckin urchin from their end ran the full length of the park to kick a ball into the net and celebrate by means of crossing himself in front of us(did he actually leave his tarrier hovel that morning with a baw tucked under his arm???).

The Bears at the front decided to join the little rodent on the field of play(simply to return his ball,of course.......)

Was at the piggery years and years ago when john o Kane just appeared amongst us spraying CS gas. Took a hell of a kicking.

Remember the very same man getting slabs cracked over his head outside the country corner pub many moons ago.

Most scared I've been though was getting chased through the Barras by hundreds of them pouring out of bairds etc. As a 17 year old with long blonde middle shed and full troop trackie on lol!

Seen much much worse trouble at Easter road and pittodrie though. Too many cops. Last game I was at in the piggery me and my 3 mates walked through them with our colours on and seriously apart from a few dirty looks nothing was said. Fernando scored that game shut the fuckers up big time.

Your memory is a bit off regards how it all started that day at Hampden.Some fuckin urchin from their end ran the full length of the park to kick a ball into the net and celebrate by means of crossing himself in front of us(did he actually leave his tarrier hovel that morning with a baw tucked under his arm???).The Bears at the front decided to join the little rodent on the field of play(simply to return his ball,of course.......)

Correct .

My Dad got chased through Clydebank years and years ago whilst going for a Rangers bus to the game. Same said bus got all its windows tanned as it went by the pub.

After a night out, my mate who's a tim got on an electricity box just up from blue lagoon and starting singing their shite songs. Couple Rangers fans flung bin bags at him, come ahead etc, next thing you know it was an all out riot which stopped traffic and must have had at least 20 people in it, if not more. People were just jumping in who weren't anything to do with it, they just wanted a fight.

The one incident that always makes me laugh was at the last game against the tramps fae the east and when it kicked off a wee bit at the big green gates separating us on the way out, I kid you not, one of they mhanky cunts picked up a handful of horse shite and lobbed it over the gates at us, I mean what filthy tramp cunt would even think about picking up a big steaming shite wae his bare hands (apart fae auld jobby bobby) lol. Sums them up for me!

Your memory is a bit off regards how it all started that day at Hampden.

Some fuckin urchin from their end ran the full length of the park to kick a ball into the net and celebrate by means of crossing himself in front of us(did he actually leave his tarrier hovel that morning with a baw tucked under his arm???).

The Bears at the front decided to join the little rodent on the field of play(simply to return his ball,of course.......)

I don't remember that, I always stayed till the end regardless of result but at final whistle would have probably left immediately and maybe came back. That goal after the goallless 90minutes really got to me as we were really much the superior team in those days.

Not remembering that and ending up in the middle terrace makes me think it must have been a strange day (or too many pub visits) beforehand.

You saying we are mental from partick. No

Not us

With hatchets hammers Stanley knives and spanners. We won the league feck know s when it was now. First time about 200 from rosie walked long to smiddy for a boxing match then I remember us doing mock huddle outside the rosie stopping traffic and police tried to move us and we sat down. Giving it the cry was no surrender. Good old times

I also got jumped off three tarrier in partick and tried to stab me. Got away with a few punches and a sprained ankle. Got one decent punch into one of the cunts and smacked him right off a shop window and he crumbled

Only time I like being 16 stone. Haha

I thought that was a rab wilson post there , no offence if your reading rab

Nou Camp this big blonde ride came from Barca fans and smiled at a Bear who walked towards her expecting at the very least a freindly winch. The Cow cracked him a belter on the jaw knocking the poor cunt out then walked back into her own fans who were pissing themselves

I don't remember that, I always stayed till the end regardless of result but at final whistle would have probably left immediately and maybe came back. That goal after the goallless 90minutes really got to me as we were really much the superior team in those days.

Not remembering that and ending up in the middle terrace makes me think it must have been a strange day (or too many pub visits) beforehand.

Horrible game decided by a horrible,flukey goal.

We were driving back to Motherwell after the game and decided on a detour for (another!) beer thru Cambuslang.

Not knowing the area but in the knowledge that C/lang is BLUE we just stopped at the first pub we came too.

In we went...............................It was wall to wall,floor to ceiling, green,white and gold!!!

No fuckin way were we retreating so we strolled up to the bar and ordered drinks.

We got a few snide comments but nothing else............fuckin cowards!( we were 5,they were 50/60 and they just stood there chirping away)

Now,if that had been some orcs coming in to the War Office in M/well for a bevvy,things would have ended differently.

Dirty,sleekit,cowardly,unwashed bastards!

Your memory is a bit off regards how it all started that day at Hampden.Some fuckin urchin from their end ran the full length of the park to kick a ball into the net and celebrate by means of crossing himself in front of us(did he actually leave his tarrier hovel that morning with a baw tucked under his arm???).The Bears at the front decided to join the little rodent on the field of play(simply to return his ball,of course.......)

This.

New member, so go easy on me!

My old man was a cop in Glasgow (since retired) and he agreed - very rare is there actual trouble at the match. So heavily policed. The Dons games are worse apparently!

WATP

Always been the case.

Away days (esp Pittodrie and Easter Rd) were where there was fun to be had!!!

P.S. Welcome :7326::7325:

That's how I remember it.