Random Rangers Hero

The Hammer 11

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was the same, couldn't wait to see him play. Then it seemed like one problem after another with him so he never really got a run in the team at all. Was it his knees or something - can't quite remember.

Aye mate, something like that, he never really recovered from the injury, put on weight etc and I recall him offering to play for a year for nothing as he had been out so long.

I liked him because I was WWF mad at the time and reckoned he looked like Shawn Michaels.

Haha, he was a sexy boy :D

Didn't do it often enough but, since Laudrup, was the only Ranger who, having made up his mind to go past his man, could accomplish it nine times out of ten.

Fair enough , I liked him , especially during the 3 in a row seasons . Only real cock up That sticks out in my memory was at tynecastle against hearts when he mishit right to their striker who scored, think they beat us 4-2 that day. But I just think he done a good , simple and controlled job.

My main memory of Daily in a Rangers Jersey was him getting sent off in the first minute of a reserve game at Murray Park, top was straight off given to a fan then straight to the changing rooms!

Can't actually remember if we won that game or not.

No, no...No!

My main memory was him coming on at Hampden and being sent upfront. Running about like a madman :lol:

Sure it was against Dundee United. Could be wrong?

Willie Johnston grabed me by my lumberjack jacket, during a midweek game at Partick.

The ball had went out for a corner after he chased it down, back-heeled it onto the Partick player and ran up against the barrier. The ref gave a goal kick, much to Willies disgust... He then grabbed his balls and shouted some profanity at the ref, saw me looking at him in amazement and wonder......."that was ma ball wee man".

Man love to this day!

Fair enough , I liked him , especially during the 3 in a row seasons . Only real cock up That sticks out in my memory was at tynecastle against hearts when he mishit right to their striker who scored, think they beat us 4-2 that day. But I just think he done a good , simple and controlled job.

Was a very 'steady Eddie' for me - always seemed to play within himself, as you say, didn't get much wrong.

I just wish he'd tried to get forward a bit more - he seemed so much better at getting past a man than the rest of the team & could have been a real force.

Amato. A genius.My favourite match I saw him play in was that second-half against Parma in the UEFA Cup at Ibrox- he came on and run them ragged. My abiding memory was a sort of a pirouette he performed I think around three of their players, just outside the box, and the ball seemed stuck to his boots. Amazing player.