Team for ICT game this weekend

IamRangers

If previous games V ICT at Ibrox are anything to go by, then this weekends fixture will be a tough game indeed. Throw in some very indifferent recent form (I'm beng kind...) and it just adds more interest to the task ahead of us. Personally I would dump any notion of playing McCulloch and Barltey this weekend at all. We need a win and 3 pts first and foremost but we IMO we also need a decent showing to use as a foundation for a tough Christmas period of fixtures so I feel an attacking formation is a must.

Here is my XI to beat ICT:

---------McGregor----------

------Goian-----Boca-------

Whitty--------------Wallace

-------Edu----McKay--------

Davis-----------------Wylde

---------Bendikson---------

----------Jelavic----------

Usual style back 4, move Mckay (an actual midfielder) into the centre with Edu and move Davis out right to see if it changes his fortunes? I like the energy and postivity of Bendikson and would ask him to support Jelavic as the highest playing midfielder. Considering the absentees up front I feel that team has more balance than the ultra cautious formation V Hibs and should get us the 3 pts.

Who would you play?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you putting this out as a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-2-4, if the latter I definitely agree (except with Davis' placement).

It doesn't really matter TBH. As long as the players are positive I feel it would work regardless of the numbers. Davis has done ok on the right so maybe it can change his emphasis and hopefully his form? I think when he plays here he also gvies Whittaker more cover? McKay must play in the centre before we can truly judge him IMO and I think him playing centre left of Edu would be interesting with a view to going to the midden soon

McGregor

Whittaker Goian Boca Wallace

Edu Davis McCulloch Bartley Wylde

Jelavic

Not even close to what I would choose but I think something like this will be what we see.

Call me disloyal/traitor or whatever but if that team troops out at Ibrox on saturday I think I will be questioning the purchase of any match tickets for forthcoming games. It's hard enough to get to games due to work, financial and family commitments but how the hell can they ask people to fork out their money and then put out teams like that? No wonder there are empty seats at Ibrox FFS

I really hope you are not right mate

In fact i might stick Edu in there instead of McKay.

Maybe play Wylde on the right McKay on the left?

McKay has palyed most games in the centre so surely if we want to see what can provide then that's where he has to play. He has also stated that this is his preferred position. I would also keep Wylde where he is.

Doesnt matter how well any Inverness player plays, they should not be taking points off us and they wont. Its incredible to think our right back tacks home more than their whole team put together.

I agree but if our manager sets out a team that suggests he is worrying more about ICT more than what we can actually do, anything can happen TBH

McGregor

Whittaker Goian Boca Wallace

Edu Davis McCulloch Bartley Wylde

Jelavic

Not even close to what I would choose but I think something like this will be what we see.

The only change from that dire line up against Hibs may be Bartley making way for Bendiksen but i wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised to see him name the same team as last week.

And to all those fans who say it's the 3 points that are important i will simply say this....we are in the business of entertainment. To entice and to keep fans watching us. If 3 points were all that mattered then our attendances wouldn't be dropping the way we are.

Keep up this dire standard of football and not only will our fans walk away but so will vast quantities of fans all across Scottish Football....oops wait a minute they are doing that already.

Or he could of course line up with the following players if they are all fit.

McGregor

McMillan

Goian

Bocanegra

Wallace

Whittaker

Davis

Edu

Wylde

Lafferty

Jelavic

Move Whittaker out of harms way and utilise his pace and trickery further up the park. Keep Edu in beside Davis with Wylde on the left flank and our two strikers up top together.

Do we need McCulloch or Bartley in the team or god forbid both of them?

Call me disloyal/traitor or whatever but if that team troops out at Ibrox on saturday I think I will be questioning the purchase of any match tickets for forthcoming games. It's hard enough to get to games due to work, financial and family commitments but how the hell can they ask people to fork out their money and then put out teams like that? No wonder there are empty seats at Ibrox FFS

I really hope you are not right mate

I don't go to games to watch the football, I go because I love Rangers, like many other gers. The standard of football isn't good but come on to fuck :lol:

That's no reason to stop going all together!

The only change from that dire line up against Hibs may be Bartley making way for Bendiksen but i wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised to see him name the same team as last week.

And to all those fans who say it's the 3 points that are important i will simply say this....we are in the business of entertainment. To entice and to keep fans watching us. If 3 points were all that mattered then our attendances wouldn't be dropping the way we are.

I dont believe Ally will be so daft as to name the same team.

Totally agree with the second bit and take it further, a brand of football or style of play can entice new fans to the club and generate more interest in the club as a whole if our team are a joy to watch.

This mentality of "performance doesnt matter" reaks of short termism and is an indication of the shite fans have been watching for years.