Manager worked for nothing. Really

mearns loyal

So our manager worked for three months with no pay good on him, well done, you've made us proud. However, in the next twelve months he lifted £825 thousand in wages etc and options on a million shares that were purchased for ten grand. If they were sold at flotation this would have brought a twelve month windfall of £1.7million for managing a team in the 3rd division. Unbelievable and yet the Club is operating at a loss at this time. If all these figures are deemed correct WTF is going on. Is everybody that desperate to syphon every penny from us that even Club legends think this type of remuneration is acceptable. I'm now off to put on the tin hat and await the incoming from the Manager is God loyal.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So our manager worked for three months with no pay good on him, well done, you've made us proud. However, in the next twelve months he lifted £825 thousand in wages etc and options on a million shares that were purchased for ten grand. If they were sold at flotation this would have brought a twelve month windfall of £1.7million for managing a team in the 3rd division. Unbelievable and yet the Club is operating at a loss at this time. If all these figures are deemed correct WTF is going on. Is everybody that desperate to syphon every penny from us that even Club legends think this type of remuneration is acceptable. I'm now off to put on the tin hat and await the incoming from the Manager is God loyal.

Can't understand why anyone would disagree with you. I saw some stupid women on STV talking about it and spouting shite about he's worth every penny. She was a Rangers fan aswell.

Absolute fucking clown.

Ally McCoist a Rangers legend we all know that. He is always going on about how this club nearly went out of existence and nobody knows how close it we were to it.

he also goes on about the long term future of the football club alot but, he doesn't have any problems or concerns about his wage for managing us in the 3rd and 2nd division?

Frightening !

I am gonna get the popcorn out and wait for The Sooper Dooper Canny dae any rang Ally brigade to vent their spleen on you,

How dare you?

Did McCoist sanction his wage?

Did the CEO, Financial Director on any one else at the club come to McCoist re a wage cut?

Would you accept a masive wage cut whilst your boss continues to rake it in on the gravy train?

Whats the going rate for a manager of a club with 35000+ STs, average gate of well over 40 0dd thousand and supported world wide?

Green needed McCoist onside to fill his own gravy boat hence the bonuses.

It's f...n easy taking over Rangers. All you have to do is say you hate/ban the SFA and the BBC, just like Whyte and Green did, (although in Green's part he practically sucked Regan's knob behind closed doors) and hey presto the fans buy it and the money rolls in. Lovely jubbly!!

It will be interesting to see what sort of salary reduction Super Ally takes.

For me this raises two questions:

1. what is an acceptable reduction given his now public £825'000 salary?

2. what level of reduction will actually occur?

Personally, I can't see his salary reduced by more than 10%.

Did the CEO, Financial Director on any one else at the club come to McCoist re a wage cut?

Would you accept a masive wage cut whilst your boss continues to rake it in on the gravy train?

Whats the going rate for a manager of a club with 35000+ STs, average gate of well over 40 0dd thousand and supported world wide?

That is the question we must all answer honestly. Very few of us would opt to work for less money in our current roles.

Can you not just agree that it is a disgrace. We know McCoist never "sanctioned" it but that is why the board members / Directors are getting tore right into aswell for their bonuses and wages.

Do you agree that it is shocking ie the Managements wages, and the boards wages. Their is no need for infighting over this.

Every Rangers supporter should agree that it is shocking.

He has a Contract, so he should get what his contract states. No issue with that.

But what has come out has not put him in a good light. Forget Green or anyone else. It is Ally we are talking about. And the salary and share issue money he's made do leave me with a bitter taste, regardless of the rights of the situation. He can take what he's due, but whether he should have is another matter and that's were I have the misgivings. I think he has let himself down badly. He just looks greedy to me.

Sometimes you just have to hold up your hand and say this isn't right. But if genuinely believes he is worth every penny then so be it.

Strachan, when bumped by Middlesbrough, didn't go after a penny. He put his hands up and said fair do's, I don't deserve it. Went up in my estimation.

In the fourth tier? Come on! For what its worth I am astounded he could get paid that for a Premier League manager, and a first time one at that! I think it is ridiculous. He did well getting that out of Rangers, but personally I don't think is worth half that, probably not even a quarter

We need wages all over the club renegotiated thats for certain, without picking on certain members of staff whether its Ally or Stockbridge or somebody else, wages are far too high and must come down. Surely somebody will bring this up at the AGM and let the Club know they must take action now to avoid more fan protests.

He has a Contract, so he should get what his contract states. No issue with that.

But what has come out has not put him in a good light. Forget Green or anyone else. It is Ally we are talking about. And the salary and share issue money he's made do leave me with a bitter taste, regardless of the rights of the situation. He can take what he's due, but whether he should have is another matter and that's were I have the misgivings. I think he has let himself down badly. He just looks greedy to me.

Sometimes you just have to hold up your hand and say this isn't right. But if genuinely believes he is worth every penny then so be it.

Strachan, when bumped by Middlesbrough, didn't go after a penny. He put his hands up and said fair do's, I don't deserve it. Went up in my estimation.

good post

Yes, it's a high wage. Even I did a double take, but it has been proved it's affordable for a club our size.

Does anyone on here actually know what other managers get paid in comparison to a club our size?

And none of this "we're in the third tier" bullshit. The day a Rangers manager get's paid anything close to a manager in the third tier of Scottish football we should call it a day.