***the Official N F L 11/12 Season Thread***

chris_glasgow

how bout dem cowboys?

It is a good thing there are 15 more games to play, at least 15 more chances for the Dallas Cowboys to rid the taste of this salty opener. It was as bad as it looked and it felt as painful as the expressions the Cowboys wore afterward. The Redskins embarrassed them, 13-7, before the biggest opening crowd ever at FedExField and with millions more watching at home on TV.

Cowboys fans watching were, no doubt, aghast.

Same thing with the Rams. Had every opportunity to win their home opener, even with Bradford's 2 INTs near the end (groan). Killers were the blocked FG and especially that UNBELIEVABLY boneheaded play by Clifton Ryan, getting stripped of the ball from behind on the 5 yard line when all he had to do was protect the ball. :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1: Would have put us up 20-10 at the time,but noooooo, he had to try to showboat it in. Worst of all, he had the bollix to say afterwards that the Cards' Breaston "made a great play". No, Mr. Ryan (you complete berk!!!), quit denying the fact that YOU f***ed up royally, end of. Whit a chanty wrastler! :moon:

A friend of mine said that he was confident Dallas would win against the Redskins, but he was shocked the Boys lost.

Tonight's games:

Baltimore 10 @ New York Jets 9

San Diego 14 at Kansas City 21

Both games are Eastern Time.

I will have to post a story that the Detroit Lions would have won, but the ref with the aid of the replay review ruled that the Detroit Lions WR did not really catch the ball.

I also saw the headline about the Atlanta Falcons head coach running to the ref and was in pain because he pulled a hamstring.

We have started a suicide pool in our local. Eveyone put in 10 dollars each, you pick any team you fancy to win in week 1. If your team loses you are out for the season. week 2 you pick another team to win their game but you can't pick the same team twice. You go on week by week until the last man standing wins the pot. We started off with 57 people already 18 out (Dallas cost quite a few). I had the Giants so march on to week 2.

The chiefs managed to spring an upset at home against San Diego. Winning 21-14.

Looks like a weekend for the underdogs! plenty upsets around the league. Cannot whack that. Great entertainment but the standard will only get better after a couple more games as the teams get their fitness and match time up.

A trip to Denver next for Seattle and they lsot their opening game so will be hoping for a response. I just wished we had a running game to help us. Matt will do a job passing but if we cannot keep the ball with the run it will only get tougher.

The chiefs managed to spring an upset at home against San Diego. Winning 21-14.

Looks like a weekend for the underdogs! plenty upsets around the league. Cannot whack that. Great entertainment but the standard will only get better after a couple more games as the teams get their fitness and match time up.

A trip to Denver next for Seattle and they lsot their opening game so will be hoping for a response. I just wished we had a running game to help us. Matt will do a job passing but if we cannot keep the ball with the run it will only get tougher.

We need a star back but Forsett can definitely do a job.

September 14, 2010

Report: Maroney traded to Denver

Pats.jpgThe Patriots have traded running back Laurence Maroney to Denver, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Maroney, who was a first-round pick of the Patriots in 2006, rushed for 2,430 yards in four seasons with New England, including a career-high 835 in 2007. According to Schefter, it is not clear at this time what the Patriots have received in return

For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.

September 14, 2010

Report: Maroney traded to Denver

Pats.jpgThe Patriots have traded running back Laurence Maroney to Denver, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Maroney, who was a first-round pick of the Patriots in 2006, rushed for 2,430 yards in four seasons with New England, including a career-high 835 in 2007. According to Schefter, it is not clear at this time what the Patriots have received in return

For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.

Interesting. Will miss seeing Laurence Maroney, but I guess Belichick has other plans for the running corps.

Shocking result for the 49ers. I expected a tough game at Qwest but didn't think we'd get blown out like that. Obviously the lads are getting ahead of themselves with a few people picking them for Division winners. They need to wake up and realise the NFC West is gonna be a real dog fight this year. Luckily Singletary is the right coach to give them the kick up the arse they need.

Pissed off at the Cowboys too. I have a bet on them to win the Superbowl. If it weren't for that stupid play at the end of the first half it would have been a Cowboys win. Their defence was too good for the Skins. Their offence just made a couple of silly mistakes. Whitten took ages to get going. Romo/Austin is looking good though.

Is it the weekend yet? I need some football in my life

Tell me about it, it is a long week in between games. After the Hawks win on sunday I am looking forward with renewed optimism for our trip to Denver on sunday.

Dare I hope for another upset win?? lol

2-0 hawks!! 9rs to lose against the saints and we would be sitting pretty!!

Is it the weekend yet? I need some football in my life

College football is not that far off. Two days from today.

Ohio University at Ohio State University (BlueDaughter's team) :sleep1: [big Ten Network]

San Diego State at University of Missouri(TexasGers' team) [TV: PPV; radio: Tiger Network]

Baylor University (my team) at Texas Christian University* (Versus Channel)

An interesting note about TCU was that Waco used to have two universities- AddRan (Addison-Randall) and Baylor. For some reasons, AddRan had a big fire on its campus,and its board of directors decided to move to Fort Worth. It was renamed Texas Christian University. I believe TCU is governed by Disciples of Christ, a Protestant organization whereas Baylor University is a Baptist university. At Baylor, we do have several Muslims attending there.

Wait Landoso, the US has religiously segregated Universities? <cr>

Well, most of them are secular right now except for a few, yes. Liberty University is one of them which was founded by the late Jerry Falwell. Southern Methodist University is in Dallas. Anytime I hear from a friend telling me that the Methodists are playing against the Catholics, that person means Southwestern University (founded by the Methodists) in Georgetown playing against St. Edward's University (Catholic). In Texas, we have colleges and universities which were founded by different religious affiliations, but most of them are now secular. Syracuse University was founded by the Methodists.

I know that Baylor University gets its funds from different sources including the federal government, so Baylor has to admit any student regardless of his or her religious affiliation. That is why Baylor has several Muslim students attending there and has never had any problems from other students.

OTOH, Baylor requires its students to do community service that counts toward their graduation; I know there are other colleges and universities that do that as well.

Tell me about it, it is a long week in between games. After the Hawks win on sunday I am looking forward with renewed optimism for our trip to Denver on sunday.

Dare I hope for another upset win?? lol

2-0 hawks!! 9rs to lose against the saints and we would be sitting pretty!!

Early days mate. You may have beat us at Qwest but will be a different story for the return game.