Kris Boyd offered new contract

macka1990

Please let this be bullshit!!! If it is true(?), and he is weighing up other offers, he is an idiot to do it so overtly. Surely he must realise how this would look to the fans. If you were cheated on by your gilfriend youd prefer it if she tried to hide it rather that flaunt it in your face. This could all have been done via his agent.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has always said he'd prefer to stay which gives me the only little confidence I have in him staying. I think if he was going to stay we would know by now and he wouldn't be in talks with Brum and Villa, sadly I fear we won't see him in a light blue jersey again.

To be fair, his agent wouldn't be doing his job correctly if he wasn't speaking to all interested parties.

Although Boyd wants to stay, I've got no doubt that he'd want to know what other teams were offering before making his mind up.

Even if he has ALREADY made his mind up, there's probably a bit of him that would like to know what was on offer down south.

He has always said he'd prefer to stay which gives me the only little confidence I have in him staying. I think if he was going to stay we would know by now and he wouldn't be in talks with Brum and Villa, sadly I fear we won't see him in a light blue jersey again.

he hasnt played his last game i dont think, if hes leaving, he will prob want to win the league first then go for free in the summer

if we dont get anything for him, i will be so angry with martin bain, i already dislike the man, but this would be too much

i heard about this earlier, i didnt know the papers had it too! :(

hope he stays

speculation stories in the sun more often than not turn out to be bullshit

not one quote either

no need for panic

They didn't have a quote when they said Fleck and Wilson ha turned down new deals and that turned out to be true

Muff - didn't know what to do with this one, so I left it in The Den.

Didn't realise there was two exactly the same doh

There were three threads, one in the Den, and two in Transfer section, so I just merged them.

Not one quote, and the sun as the source - I think I'll just wait and see.

Muff - didn't know what to do with this one, so I left it in The Den.

Didn't realise there was two exactly the same doh

There were three threads, one in the Den, and two in Transfer section, so I just merged them.

Not one quote, and the sun as the source - I think I'll just wait and see.

Cool.

As I said above, Boyd's agent wouldn't be doing his job correctly if he wasn't speaking to every interested party.

If someone is offering £50,000 a week with a big goal bonus, Boyd will want to know. And given some of the crazy prices in the EPL just now, I'd say that the SPL's record goalscorer is worth that.

I just wish we got it sorted out. IF and that is a big IF, he was to leave in this window, then we would need to replace him.

IF and again, that is a big IF, he was to sign a pre-contract, then he can get himself to fuck.

Hopefully he puts pen to a new deal at Ibrox, because we have seen that without him, and his goals, we struggle big time, and we cannot rely on the likes of Novo, Lafferty, Miller, Naismith....

Boyd doesn't suit Villa at all.

Heavy reliance on defence (Cueller, Dunne, Warnock, Davies, Collin, Bouma) and counter attacking with quick players everywhere (Young, Milner, Petrov, Agbonlahor)...with one meaty striker (Carew, Heskey) left to provide a balance.

Where does Boyd fit in? Villa's system works so well for them, Boyd would be left sitting on the bench.

Heavy reliance on defence (Cueller, Dunne, Warnock, Davies, Collin, Bouma) and counter attacking with quick players everywhere (Young, Milner, Petrov, Agbonlahor)...with one meaty striker (Carew, Heskey) left to provide a balance.

Where does Boyd fit in? Villa's system works so well for them, Boyd would be left sitting on the bench.

I don't know how that dud Emile Heskey get's a game. He is bloody awful.

As for the part about Kris Boyd, I agree completely. He is not suited to the way Villa play.

I don't know how that dud Emile Heskey get's a game. He is bloody awful.

As for the part about Kris Boyd, I agree completely. He is not suited to the way Villa play.

the pundits i was talking of earlier, were saying villa create so many chances, they just need a goalscorer, someone to put the ball in the net, thats when i thought, oh oh...................

i agree with what you 2 are saying but, any manager would be daft not to try and fit a goal machine into their team somehow

If hes been offered an improved contract. How is it taking him so long to sign on the dotted line!

You hear him in interviews " I want to play here for years to come " and all the rest of it. Just fucking Sign!!!

Devils Advocate here, but I am certain any EPL side, even Villa or Birmingham , can afford to pay Boyd ALOT more than 18-Grand a week??? I mean Hutton is getting over 30!?

both would pay alot more than 30k a week as well

i wouldnt blame the player, i dont think we can

i would blame the club and chief executive for not getting him on a long term deal much earlier and for losing one of the best ever goalscorers for nothing!

its sickening if he leaves

Boyd could get £60,000 a week down there easily.

It's no wonder that he's instructing his agent to speak to everyone interested, if he so is.

Even if he isn't being asked to though, his agent will be.

It's no wonder that he's instructing his agent to speak to everyone interested, if he so is.

I REALLY WANT HIM TO STAY! But, put yourself in his shoes. He's 26, still has quite a few years left in his career, wouldn't his career, not to mention his bankbook be alot better off playing in the Top flight? I'd like him to stay, but if I were him, and I could maybe treble my wages, while playing in a Top league...I would seriously consider it....

I think 18-grand a week is an INSULT! What was Ferguson getting? What is Greegs getting? Mendes?

I REALLY WANT HIM TO STAY! But, put yourself in his shoes. He's 26, still has quite a few years left in his career, wouldn't his career, not to mention his bankbook be alot better off playing in the Top flight? I'd like him to stay, but if I were him, and I could maybe treble my wages, while playing in a Top league...I would seriously consider it....

I think 18-grand a week is an INSULT! What was Ferguson getting? What is Greegs getting? Mendes?

spot on to be fair.

If he was to go in this window we should get AT LEAST 5 mill for him, would love for him to stay with gers till the summer on a 18k contract so we can sell him in the summer for some much needed ca$h..

best thing to do is wait i guess :rolleyes:

spot on to be fair.

If he was to go in this window we should get AT LEAST 5 mill for him, would love for him to stay with gers till the summer on a 18k contract so we can sell him in the summer for some much needed ca$h..

best thing to do is wait i guess :rolleyes:

Agreed, even sign him on a year and a half or 2 yr deal, so if he does go in the summer, we could get some much needed dough-ray-me!!!

But, waiting is all we can do...

:-)

i agree...if this is true, and villa are interested, then i think we might be scuppered...i can understand him turning down the brummies because they arent exactly going to challenger for honours or europe...but villa on the other hand, he will have a good shot at success and potential euro action as well as a fat paypacket....i am certainly concerned with this development...if he does go, it will be another blow that we just dont need....

If the bank had given the go ahead to sanction the funds to allow Kris Boyds 18k a week contract to be signed, it would have been done and dusted by now.

Contract signed feelgood factor in place, charging to the title.Now, who knows?