UEFA Cup Final Bears hung out to dry

CanadianBacon

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not GCL though..........why bother banning any of them if the worst piece of invertebrate trash is still here? :sherlock:

As one of the site Directors I guess I've got the power of a banning order within my remit. I could, for example, ban several contributors to this thread for reasons which are clear to many - that they are not really discussing anything but are just argumentative bastards who haven't really got much of a life.

I won't exercise that option, but maybe other more powerful RM types will.

I will be watching from afar though.

I have a long memory. ;)

It is the top Court for the UK, including Scotland. Obviously.

Two hours of hacking and I come back to this rocket, listen ya badger, Ive got papers for bawbaggery, whit is an apprentice rocket like you making statements like the above that are plainly oot the windae, realising your error you attempted to backtrack like the bolt on lsd, apart from that a like you, obviously. 1279867199445.jpg:sherlock:

Two hours of hacking and I come back to this rocket, listen ya badger, Ive got papers for bawbaggery, whit is an apprentice rocket like you making statements like the above that are plainly oot the windae, realising your error you attempted to backtrack like the bolt on lsd, apart from that a like you, obviously.

Could you run that past me in English?

The judge should be taken to task for this ridiculous hyperbole.

But he won't be.

Well maybe not, there is leggoland:

Monday, 6 September 2010

JUDGE ANDREW BLAKE and the IRA BOMB

DO you remember when judges seemed to live in some sort of hermetically sealed wee world of their own, cut off from reality?

You know the sort of thing - ''Television?''

''Yes, M'Lud, a new eletctronic device for the entertainment of the lower classes. ''

''The Beatles?''

''A popular musical quarter who find favour with the younger element of the population, M'Lud.''

We all thought their sort of had been consigned to the dustbin of history, and that the men and women who sit on the benches of the courts throughout this United Kingdom today, have some sort of contact with reality, as well as a deep sense of history.

But we have been wrong. Massively, comprensively and unerringly wrong, wrong, wrong.

And if you do not believe me then consider the words of Judge Andrew Blake as he sent to jail - where they belong - 11 of the thugs who caused violence of the streets on Manchester in May 2008.

It was, according to this prize prat, the worst destruction visited upon Manchester since the Nazi war machine rained bombs on it during the Blitz.

Now, let's pause for a breath, while we take in the scale of such an observation. While we do so, it may be worth considering why, in the three days since he blundered, nobody in the Scottish media has taken Judge Andrew Blake to task for his amazing lack of historical perspective.

And the sin of omission.

I would like to think it is a combination of those who run Scotland's newspapers being just as ignorant as the judge. For surely there can be no other motive for the printed press, plus the broadcast media the length and breadth of Scotland, failing to point out just what poppycock Blake's ill researched and historically inaccurate rant was.

It was shortly before mid-day on June 15, 1996, the day before Father's Day, that a 3000lb bomb, planted by the IRA, exploded and ripped the heart out of Manchester, injuring 212 innocent men, women and children.

Mancunians - and I know many having spent much time in their splendid city - still look back in wonder at the fact nobody was killed, calling it The Miracle of Manchester.

The cowardly IRA bombers planted their massive bomb close to the always busy Arndale Shopping centre. The 3000lb bomb so lovingly prepared by the IRA terrorists was the largest device exploded on mainland Britain in peacetime.

That bomb was nearly TEN times BIGGER than anything the German bombers carried during the Blitz.

Such was the complete carnage that IRA blockbuster bomb caused , buildings which were not reduced to rubble, were in such a bad state they had to be demolished.

A total of 400 businesses were affected, with 160 of them so badly hit they were unable to resume trading.

The initial rebuilding took over three years, with some redevelopment going on until 2005, at a total cost of £1.2BILLION.

Insurers paid out £600M and the 212 victims of the IRA bomb blast received a total of almost £1.5M in compensation for their injuries, many of them horrific.

Yet Judge Andrew Blake, blithely ignored all of this, to jump from thousands of Nazi German bombers raining their destruction on Didsbury, Prestwich, Sale, Altrincham and Trafford Park, to a few hundred soccer thugs on the rampage.

Surely it could not have been a lack of knowledge. For, if anyone should know the history it is Judge Andrew Blake, born on 18 August 1946, and educated first at Ampleforth College and then Hertford College, before graduating from Oxford with an MA in history.

That's right....HISTORY! As the incomporable Richard Littlejohn might say - you couldn't make it up.

Especially when, after being called to the Bar at the Inner Temple in 1971, he moved to practice in Manchester in 1972, where he remained active until being made a circuit judge in 1999.

Therefore he was active there when the 1996 IRA bomb shook the city of Manchester to its very foundations.

Maybe the fact that Greater Manchester Police failed to put anyone in the dock - there have been no convictions and , according to that Force it is now extremely unlikely there ever will be - allowed the fact of a 3000lb IRA bomb exploding, injuring 212 people, causing £1.2BILLION worth of damage which took nearly a decade to put right, to slip completely out of Judge Andrew Blake's mind.

If that is the case - and any other explaination does not bear thinking about - then it is time for the authorities to take a close look at the condition of 64-year-old Judge Andrew Blake's memory, in order to make sure he is still mentally nimble enough to sit in judgement in a court of law.

The IRA bomb of 15 June, 1996 was the worst destruction inflicted on Manchester since the Nazi Blitz, followed by the 1981 Moss Side riots, when police were firebombed in a 48-hour period when law and order teetered on the brink of oblivion in that fine old Victorian City.

The cowardly actions of those few on the streets of Manchester in May 2008, were shocking. But they fall way short of the terrorist IRA and its 3000lb bomb in that city in 1996.

And if that - and Moss Side - had slipped Judge Andrew Blake's memory, well .....he kens noo!

Not sure how relevant it is but Ampleforth College, where his honour was apparently 'educated' is a 'Benedictine Community', a 'Mixed Catholic Boarding School in North Yorkshire'......

Not sure how relevant it is but Ampleforth College, where his honour was apparently 'educated' is a 'Benedictine Community', a 'Mixed Catholic Boarding School in North Yorkshire'......

And of course this is purely a co-incidence and you are paranoid for suggesting anything else.

Mixed-up Catholic Boarding School would be more appropriate.