Boxing and MMA

3 hours ago, Vanoli said:

If it's mental he deserves nothing but support. Some of the reaction I've seen will do nothing to help the mental health stigma in this country. 

As for tonight, as ever, don't believe Hearn when he sells this is a 50/50. Linares takes an embarrassing amount of big shots for an 'elite' fighter. I think this will be an exciting one though, Crolla to win a bit of a shoot-out in the final 3rd of the fight. 

Usual 'Tesco Joe' tactics then? High guard untill his opponents knackers himself out then a late flourish to finish it.
I think Linares might be a bit too good for that kind of tactic tonight.

5 hours ago, Vanoli said:

If it's mental he deserves nothing but support. Some of the reaction I've seen will do nothing to help the mental health stigma in this country. 

As for tonight, as ever, don't believe Hearn when he sells this is a 50/50. Linares takes an embarrassing amount of big shots for an 'elite' fighter. I think this will be an exciting one though, Crolla to win a bit of a shoot-out in the final 3rd of the fight. 

It is a 50/50 fight 

that fight could go either way and tbh, I fancy linares big time 

5 hours ago, Vanoli said:

It is a 50/50 fight mate crolla will need his best performance yet to win.

36 minutes ago, Gillete said:

It is a 50/50 fight 

that fight could go either way and tbh, I fancy linares big time 

Don't get me wrong he's a very good fighter, just in the handful of times I've seen him he's took a shot or two more than he should have. I don't think he'll get away with it here. In fairness though this is arguably a lineal championship fight, so both will be razor sharp and he'll probably tighten it up a bit. Definitely a fight I see opening up more in the second half, which benefits Crolla for me. 

We'll see though, looking forward to it (tu)

33 minutes ago, Gillete said:

This surely has to be the worst undercard ever 

actually , I saw the Ricky burns undercard and thought fuck that, I'm not buying ticket for that shite. When I pay good money for a fight I expect a good nights worth tbh 

That's exactly why I'll be watching in the house. Sky need to take the credit for backing the sport but some of the fight nights have been pish