Boxing and MMA

Thought the Crolla-Matthews was good, stoppage was probably a bit premature but it would have been stopped on that cut anyway IMO.

Was a must win fight for Derry and he delivered. Was good to see he was defensively a bit better on the inside than he was in his last fight. Marsili couldn't miss with his uppercut on the inside when they fought.

Anselmo Moreno is quality. A fight between him and Mares would be excellent, even better would be Moreno v Donaire - elite defence vs elite offence. Unlikely to happen though because of GBP and Top Rank. I think Moreno v Mares will happen end of this year start of next

Not comparing them as fighters, but when I watch Moreno I can't help but think of Pernell Whitaker.

Mares/Donaire would be a better scrap if we're removing promo bullshit, while it lasted.

I really liked the look of Fran Vargas on the under.

Mares/Donaire would be a better scrap if we're removing promo bullshit, while it lasted.

I really liked the look of Fran Vargas on the under.

Mares v Donaire would be a fun fight. More likely we'll get Moreno v Mares, but I don't have a problem with that fight.

Mikey Garcia and Celestino Caballero fight at purse bids I believe, Hope this comes off as it would propel Garcia right into the mix with the win I think he'll get.

I really like Mikey Garcia. I know P4P lists are mythical things but I think in a few years time Garcia will be one of the top fighters in the sport.

You could sleep through the first six rounds of a Hopkins fight and miss nothing. I'm trying to pick out people in the first few rows right now, nobody worth noting yet.

Tell me about it mate, on the verge of keeping my eyes open with matchsticks.

Tell me about it mate, on the verge of keeping my eyes open with matchsticks.

Hope Dawson lays into him. Hopkins has fought just a plain dirty fight with about three real punches mixed in so far, and of course they're all over his nuts on the HBO commentary.

Should've just gone ahead and gone to bed when the wife did. At least I would've had a chance to see some action tonight craphead2.gif

And Kellerman back on his nuts as we come out for the 11th.

Thank god that's over, roll on next week for some proper boxing, Can't wait to see Alvarez v Mosley, looking forward to that more than the Mayweather fight.

Cheers to that 00000042.gif

Was about to take a sleeping pill before that kicked off but don't think I need it now. Good interview from Dawson, btw. Idol worship of Hopkins among the press here is absurd. He's an awful fighter and dirty as hell. Hope he stays home this time.