Memo to Lee McCulloch

Irwin Sparkes

To think some on here have been touting Lee as a future Rangers captain. doh

His performance today has surely put that one to bed once and for all.

But hes a die hard Bear like us, he geez a hunner percent and would run through brick waws for us! :lol:

In all probability though,

He will be, he was given a 3 year deal recently. Hes here for the long run, our current captain can barely walk never mind run, he will be gone next season, the only other option in the coaches eyes will be golden boy, Lee. McGregor some may say, but his future is uncertain, as is Davis's, no one in their right mind would want Mr Anti-Football so were stuck with him. My dough is on him to wear our famous arm band next. :(

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate slating the bears, but Big Jig will be the first to tell you he was stinking today. The Midfield in general was fantastic, but play young Hutton as holding and ness edu and davis in front. His passing was bad, vision poor, tackling oooft and I'm not gonna mention shooting. Wee couple of weeks out maybe.

Jamie Ness is really turning into a class act. The more he plays the better he gets. Any neutral watching that game today would have been shocked to know he was the ONLY midfielder not to be an international.

Silly playing Lafferty on his own up front, had to be one in behind. Blind man running for a bus seen that. But the guys now need to find form and goals on wednesday. Big games coming up. Jelavic up with Naisy in behind.

Ps Get them working on free kicks and corners, disgraceful.

He was almost definitely the man behind the grassy knoll.

He also started World War 2.

Had it been Weiss, Bougherra or Whittaker putting in a performance like McCulloch's yesterday, you and your wee crew couldn't have got on RM quick enough to lay into him.

But no, it's big Lee the Rangers supporter. Let's all let him away with yet another average showing (tu)

Had it been Weiss, Bougherra or Whittaker putting in a performance like McCulloch's yesterday, you and your wee crew couldn't have got on RM quick enough to lay into him.

But no, it's big Lee the Rangers supporter. Let's all let him away with yet another average showing (tu)

Show me where I have 'layed into' any Rangers player on here.

Show me where I have 'layed into' any Rangers player on here.

Sorry mate, for some reason I thought you were gunslinger there. What a fucking hangover.

I still think the point stands though. Some fans will jump on him for nothing, but an equal number let him away with absolute fucking murder because he's a 'Rangers man'.

A player who is totally passed it. Know as the dig in the middle of the park but has forgotten how to tackle. Covers a lot a ground but does nothin! Offers nothin goin forward or back, can't shoot and can hardly pass a ball 5 yards. A total joke. Every week a hear how good he is but a honestly just can't see it.

McCulloch was brought to the club as a left midfield/striker which he has failed, Walter decided to drop McCulloch back to a defensive role for the club playing him infront of Weir and the defense set up Walter puts out is holding the team back.

McCulloch is not a holding midfielder he is getting away with it due to the shite thats in the SPL, there is times he should be dropped but wont be as will Weir.

sorry those on here who seem to love the guy, but he is an actual embarrasment of a footballer who seems to be immune to being dropped or subbed not matter how bad he plays. young ness has shown more in 2 months than he has his entire rangers career. he has virtually zero footballing ability. some people want this guy to be the next captain as well. fs.

Well football is a game of opinions and my opinion is that shite! Lee plays that holding role well - its why Walter plays him there and why he has been recalled to the Scotland squad. Thank god the Lee haters dont pick the team. And he is the standout candidate after Davie Weir to captain the side.

He's in there to protect the back four, yet this season we have conceded more goals, lost more games, and scored less... than this stage last season. Now that's not all McCulloch's fault, but there is absolutely no need to be playing with a holding midfielder in every game. Especially when it means one upfront.

Now we have Ness, who is playing well, so the manager will try and fit them all in; McCulloch, Edu, Ness, Davis...

Another poor performance from McCulloch yesterday, too many this season, but that wont change a thing. He will still be the first name on the sheet, unless he's unavailable, and that's one thing which is wrong with this current set-up.

If only it worked that way for everyone of our players!

Now await the 'McCulloch hater' nonsense that idiots throw at people because they have an opinion and how they want to see the team set-up.

He's in there to protect the back four, yet this season we have conceded more goals, lost more games, and scored less... than this stage last season. Now that's not all McCulloch's fault, but there is absolutely no need to be playing with a holding midfielder in every game. Especially when it means one upfront.

Now we have Ness, who is playing well, so the manager will try and fit them all in; McCulloch, Edu, Ness, Davis...

Another poor performance from McCulloch yesterday, too many this season, but that wont change a thing. He will still be the first name on the sheet, unless he's unavailable, and that's one thing which is wrong with this current set-up.

If only it worked that way for everyone of our players!

Now await the 'McCulloch hater' nonsense that idiots throw at people because they have an opinion and how they want to see the team set-up.

Can't find fault with anything you say there Muff, he is a liability and offers as much protection as the Catholic Church with Sellik boys club

Conceding a goal a game in the SPL, that's playing with someone who is there to protect the back four. Again, not all McCulloch's fault, but something is clearly not working!

Was our defence not pretty poor during the failed 10 in a row season?

They are both the problem!

My thoughts entirely.. David Weir is a major problem. He seems to be losing pace with every game and it does my head in when he launches that long ball... which never finds anyone in a Blue shirt..

McCulloch & Weir are the 2 weakest links in the side.

Time for Webster and Edu.

McCulloch has to play a lot deeper to cover up Weir inabilities, until our team hasn't have to revolve around a CB then McCulloch is always going to take the brunt of the criticism.

I'm not a McCulloch fan, but isn't to blame.

They both as bad as each other, and Walter Smith is to blame. If Weir get's another year after this one, then we might aswell give up.

A 40 year old playing every game for The Rangers is a complete and utter joke. His legs have gone, he's struggling and it's affecting us big - the number of goals we are conceding and shaky defence is there to see, but the manager wont do a fcuking thing about it.

This will hopefully be a number of people's last season at the club!

They both as bad as each other, and Walter Smith is to blame. If Weir gets another year after this one, then we might as well give up.

A 40 year old playing every game for The Rangers is a complete and utter joke. His legs have gone, he's struggling and it's affecting us big - the number of goals we are conceding and shaky defence is there to see, but the manager wont do a fcuking thing about it.

This is like a re-run of Walters last season going for 10 in a row, i see similarities Walter has come out stood by Weir publicly there is no way hes getting dropped Muff.

They both as bad as each other, and Walter Smith is to blame. If Weir get's another year after this one, then we might aswell give up.

Walter and Weir should have bowed out last season, Ally would have had some funds plus he would have had a better crack at the whip. McCulloch has his faults they are no denying that, but he's becoming a whipping boy for things that are really out of his control.

They say history repeats itself, and the way things are looking. Walter hasn't learnt from the mistakes he made during that 10 in a row season.

I don't blame McCulloch, he's a striker being asked to be a centre half or a defensive mid - which, despite his best efforts, he's just not. But you can't blame the guy for doing only what's been asked of him.

The biggest gripe I have is this "he's primarily a (*insert position) but he can do a job at (*insert position)" bullshit mentality.

Just play a guy in his natural position ffs, and if we need a left mid for example then buy/loan/grow a fucking left mid.

Walter and Weir should have bowed out last season, Ally would have had some funds plus he would have had a better crack at the whip. McCulloch has his faults they are no denying that, but he's becoming a whipping boy for things that are really out of his control.

They say history repeats itself, and the way things are looking. Walter hasn't learnt from the mistakes he made during that 10 in a row season.

You say a whipping boy, but to a LOT of fans 'big Lee' can do no fucking wrong!