Wesley Verhoek

Broxi1872

McCoist will have to make a new list of targets soon as he's probably ran out

Aye like Murray Davidson and dross like that.

All these bids look very empty to me,as soon as we have a serious contender we give in and give it at least we tried.

All utter bollox..We have no intention of getting these players in and we're having the wool pulled over our eyes once again.

I'll change by tune should Juhasz and Vorboek sign but until then i feel Alistair Johnston knew what he was talking about.

Seems Twitter may just have got a touch ahead of itself. Now do we believe the manager of ADO or some nutters on twitter :sherlock:

It appears that Wesley Verhoek his last game played for ADO Den Haag. The expectation is that the winger to upgrade to the English Nottingham Forest. Coach Maurice Steyn confirmed that talks between the two parties running.

"They speak with clubs about Verhoek," Steyn told the ANP. ""The rumors are that he is gone this week. But I have no definitive answer to him Verhoek played last weekend still join Feyenoord against Vitesse, but that was probably his last game.

ADO Den Haag will be the future still remain unsettled. Timothy Derijck and Jens Toornsta were in the interest of Feyenoord and Vitesse are sitting behind the services of Lex Indeed.

Lees verder: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.soccernews.nl/news/127891/Steijn:_Er_wordt_gesproken_met_clubs_omtrent_Verhoek%26hl%3Den%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=nl&u=http://www.soccernews.nl/news/127891/Steijn:_Er_wordt_gesproken_met_clubs_omtrent_Verhoek&usg=ALkJrhhFxasNz5Xi-vZ31YRWsT8ovwZjCQ#ixzz1UQDBn7oB

Im with Twitter on this 1 :craphead:

Aye like Murray Davidson and dross like that.

All these bids look very empty to me,as soon as we have a serious contender we give in and give it at least we tried.

All utter bollox..We have no intention of getting these players in and we're having the wool pulled over our eyes once again.

I'll change by tune should Juhasz and Vorboek sign but until then i feel Alistair Johnston knew what he was talking about.

Aye did a fantastic job getting us over £50m in debt , wish he was still in charge :rolleyes:

Aye did a fantastic job getting us over £50m in debt , wish he was still in charge :rolleyes:

I got myself into £20k of debt but i know a bullshitter when i see one and so does Johnston by the looks of it.

So inept financial dealings didn't automatically turn me into a lump of lard and i think the same can be said for Johnston.

I've said before that i wish Whyte would prove me wrong but he hasn't.We go out yesterday and get a guy for £250k as easy as that but take months to up bids by buttons for actual quality.

Oh Dear! There Goes Another One!

So Wesley Verhoek is now a Nottingham Forrest player (well almost)……what a total surprise!

Sorry I’m being facetious folks…….my frustration is getting the better of me now.

But following hard on the heels of the David Goodwillie saga I’m sure you will forgive my frustration and my growing lack of faith in our transfer dealings.

Come on now, you must admit that it’s all becoming intensely frustrating and entirely predictable.

I find it very difficult to maintain even a thin façade of support for our transfer policy in the face of a strategy (and I use that word very loosely!) that is so obviously failing, and which sees us finish empty handed almost every time we compete for a player.

This is how I think most people perceive our strategy and tactics;

1. We make an initial derisory bid which is unceremoniously rejected

2. Our competitors make a realistic one, which not very far off the ‘mark’

3. We make a further desultory bid which is again unceremoniously rejected

4. Our competitors stick with their original bid because ours is still well short of what is required

5. We make another bid which is ever so slowly creeping up, but still falls well short, and is again unceremoniously rejected

6. Our competitors meets the asking price and get permission to talk to the player in question

7. We make another half-hearted bid which is still significantly short of the asking price and is again unceremoniously rejected.

8. Our competitor signs the player while we’re considering what to do next and whether or not to lodge another bid!

OK. Maybe that seems a tad unfair – but it’s difficult not to draw these conclusions from our bizarre behaviour.

Maybe there are factors that influence our bidding that we are blissfully unaware of. Maybe we’re just unlucky; or maybe we, simply, don’t have the money!

Or maybe we simply don’t have the negotiating skills or the business acumen that is so vitally necessary in these circumstances.

Whilst I am poking fun at our apparent amateurish attempts to negotiate deals to ‘land’ players that we continue to insist are ‘prime’ targets, you must admit that our efforts are rather pathetic, and there is much merit in the process I have outlined above.

Certainly, that is how it appears to those of us who are not ‘insiders’, but merely workaday season ticket holders, regular attendees, staunch supporters, loyal and true followers and members of the common herd who pay their money each week to follow the team we love.

Should we worry that we are losing out to English Championship clubs in circumstances where the transfer fees in question are really quite small in today’s inflated transfer market? Should we worry that we are, increasingly, regarded as a club that can’t ‘cut it’ with the minnows of English football, never mind the mammoths! Should we worry that the targets we identify are always, seemingly, beyond our reach?

Yes, indeed we should.

Verhoek is almost a Nottingham Forrest player, and our sights are now firmly focused on Roland Juhasz of Anderlecht.

Juhasz has said ‘come and get me’, and SSN reports this morning that he would like to move to Glasgow and hopes a deal can be done in time to meet the Europa League registration deadline of 11pm on Monday evening.

Will this deal happen……who can tell? But one thing is certain; if we continue to react in the way we have to date we will lose him.

We must rethink our strategy now, before it’s to late. If money is not a factor, then please explain our desultory bidding strategy. If money is a factor, then the Club needs to be honest with the fans and say so!

I got myself into £20k of debt but i know a bullshitter when i see one and so does Johnston by the looks of it.

So inept financial dealings didn't automatically turn me into a lump of lard and i think the same can be said for Johnston.

I've said before that i wish Whyte would prove me wrong but he hasn't.We go out yesterday and get a guy for £250k as easy as that but take months to up bids by buttons for actual quality.

But what about Lee Wallce? What about deals for Shagger, Whittaker(who many wanted to stay) and Davis? Where does this money come from if the guy is a chancer. What is it with people and looking for a conspiracy

Oh Dear! There Goes Another One!

So Wesley Verhoek is now a Nottingham Forrest player (well almost)……what a total surprise!

Sorry I'm being facetious folks…….my frustration is getting the better of me now.

But following hard on the heels of the David Goodwillie saga I'm sure you will forgive my frustration and my growing lack of faith in our transfer dealings.

Come on now, you must admit that it's all becoming intensely frustrating and entirely predictable.

I find it very difficult to maintain even a thin façade of support for our transfer policy in the face of a strategy (and I use that word very loosely!) that is so obviously failing, and which sees us finish empty handed almost every time we compete for a player.

This is how I think most people perceive our strategy and tactics;

1. We make an initial derisory bid which is unceremoniously rejected

2. Our competitors make a realistic one, which not very far off the 'mark'

3. We make a further desultory bid which is again unceremoniously rejected

4. Our competitors stick with their original bid because ours is still well short of what is required

5. We make another bid which is ever so slowly creeping up, but still falls well short, and is again unceremoniously rejected

6. Our competitors meets the asking price and get permission to talk to the player in question

7. We make another half-hearted bid which is still significantly short of the asking price and is again unceremoniously rejected.

8. Our competitor signs the player while we're considering what to do next and whether or not to lodge another bid!

OK. Maybe that seems a tad unfair – but it's difficult not to draw these conclusions from our bizarre behaviour.

Maybe there are factors that influence our bidding that we are blissfully unaware of. Maybe we're just unlucky; or maybe we, simply, don't have the money!

Or maybe we simply don't have the negotiating skills or the business acumen that is so vitally necessary in these circumstances.

Whilst I am poking fun at our apparent amateurish attempts to negotiate deals to 'land' players that we continue to insist are 'prime' targets, you must admit that our efforts are rather pathetic, and there is much merit in the process I have outlined above.

Certainly, that is how it appears to those of us who are not 'insiders', but merely workaday season ticket holders, regular attendees, staunch supporters, loyal and true followers and members of the common herd who pay their money each week to follow the team we love.

Should we worry that we are losing out to English Championship clubs in circumstances where the transfer fees in question are really quite small in today's inflated transfer market? Should we worry that we are, increasingly, regarded as a club that can't 'cut it' with the minnows of English football, never mind the mammoths! Should we worry that the targets we identify are always, seemingly, beyond our reach?

Yes, indeed we should.

Verhoek is almost a Nottingham Forrest player, and our sights are now firmly focused on Roland Juhasz of Anderlecht.

Juhasz has said 'come and get me', and SSN reports this morning that he would like to move to Glasgow and hopes a deal can be done in time to meet the Europa League registration deadline of 11pm on Monday evening.

Will this deal happen……who can tell? But one thing is certain; if we continue to react in the way we have to date we will lose him.

We must rethink our strategy now, before it's to late. If money is not a factor, then please explain our desultory bidding strategy. If money is a factor, then the Club needs to be honest with the fans and say so!

If you read the Den haag coach's words that I posted from this morning you wil lsee he is nowhere near a Forrest player and indeed talks are only ongoing. What a rant :lol:

But what about Lee Wallce? What about deals for Shagger, Whittaker(who many wanted to stay) and Davis? Where does this money come from if the guy is a chancer. What is it with people and looking for a conspiracy

McGregor,Whittaker and Davis would have probably got new deals and god knows why we spent £1.5m on Wallace and won't up our bids for Juhasz and Vorboek,both of whom would be outstanding additions

McGregor,Whittaker and Davis would have probably got new deals and god knows why we spent £1.5m on Wallace and won't up our bids for Juhasz and Vorboek,both of whom would be outstanding additions

We are close to a deal with Juhasz. I know that doesnt fit into the conspiracy. Wallace has been a good player in his first few games. Give the guy a chance fs

EDIT - AJ And co more or less admitted that bids for Shagger, Whittaker and Davis would be considered. There was no way they would have got new deals

We are close to a deal with Juhasz. I know that doesnt fit into the conspiracy. Wallace has been a good player in his first few games. Give the guy a chance fs

EDIT - AJ And co more or less admitted that bids for Shagger, Whittaker and Davis would be considered. There was no way they would have got new deals

Would you shut up about conspiracy,not once have a said that.

I never said Wallace is not a good player but a full back was what we needed least at the club yet we paid £1.5m for a guy in his last year and to me is a decent player.

We're screaming for centre halves,wingers and someone beside Davis who can give him the freedom to show us his best.

Now maybe if we get Juhasz, Bartley will go into the middle to give Davis that freedom..We need width and we need a proper foil for Jelavic plus the fans need a lift after a poor start and poor performances.

Personally with McKay,Juhasz,Verboek,The Yank lad,Goian,Wallace,Bartley,Ortiz and a striker i would be happy going into Saturday but we need that injection of quality to finish us off.

Would you shut up about conspiracy,not once have a said that.

I never said Wallace is not a good player but a full back was what we needed least at the club yet we paid £1.5m for a guy in his last year and to me is a decent player.

We're screaming for centre halves,wingers and someone beside Davis who can give him the freedom to show us his best.

Now maybe if we get Juhasz, Bartley will go into the middle to give Davis that freedom..We need width and we need a proper foil for Jelavic plus the fans need a lift after a poor start and poor performances.

Personally with McKay,Juhasz,Verboek,The Yank lad,Goian,Wallace,Bartley,Ortiz and a striker i would be happy going into Saturday but we need that injection of quality to finish us off.

Well yourself and others are suggesting we are bidding for players as a smoke screen. Now correct me if im wrong but the same was said as we were making moves to get Jelavic last year.

Also we imo did need a natural left back. We need someone who can bomb forward and defend. Wallace can do this. Papac is one of my favourite players, never complains and gets on with his job without a fuss. However he is not a left back and he has done us and himself proud with the last 3 or 4 years for us.

I do think Bartley may go in the middle however i am not sure. I like you want the best for Rangers but i do think we need creativity as i have said. A winger in the mould of Weiss and i would be happy with our summer dealings.

Wallace is looking like a bargain at 1.5 million having watched him.

No matter how you dress it up.

We've went from a Target at £2.5 mil to a Target at £250k

Seems the manager knows nothing of this medical today :rolleyes:

How do you know that we swtiched targets? He is a left or central player. Verhoek is right sided

Anyone suggesting we'd be better off with AJ or that his dummy-out-the-pram whinge has been justified is surely 'at it'. AJ was a disaster as Chairman; on his appointment he stated that his job was to find a buyer. He failed utterly to do so.

Given our injuries I would have thought if Juhasz was going to happen it would be before the deadline of this evening.

I will try and keep the faith on Verhoek, but certainly all the forest fans are pretty confident they have him.

It is becoming an all too predictable process this summer. We can only judge fairly by the end, but not looking great so far.

If he wants to play for Forest they can have him. If he thinks that's his level then he'd never make it here.

Agreed. Let's concentrate on players that want to play for us. The rest don't matter.