A point the RST should make very publicly about Division 3

In the interests of public safety, before decisions can be it should be publicly asked if Division 3 grounds are safe enough by modern standards.

Fair enough, they've all been "modernised "for legal reasons, but can a ground like Cliftonhill with its 1,238 capacity, the Strathclyde Homes Stadium(2,020) or Bayview Stadium (1,992) cope with 10,000-15,000 supporters seeking a view of their young team gaining a historic promotion?

I would like proof from everyone in favour of division 3 that it is financially sustainable playing in that league. How can the biggest team in Scotland break even in that sort of state ? Will season tickets generate enough revenue to replace the tv money and sponsorship deals ? What about the Ibrox upkeep ? Do the people in favour of going to division 3 consider the possibility of staff cuts at Ibrox and Murray Park due to this loss of revenure ? All honest questions because I'm slightly baffled as to how we would appear to rise up from the divisions to the SPL in 3 years when it seems that we will be weakened to a third or second divison level playing squad.

It will be great a wee change of scenery. The supporters buses will need to sort out some rotational system so everyone who wants to follow follow, can. We will prob run a bus for a day out in the town of choice anyway! Follow follow GIRFUY YMFB

I would like proof from everyone in favour of division 3 that it is financially sustainable playing in that league. How can the biggest team in Scotland break even in that sort of state ? Will season tickets generate enough revenue to replace the tv money and sponsorship deals ? What about the Ibrox upkeep ? Do the people in favour of going to division 3 consider the possibility of staff cuts at Ibrox and Murray Park due to this loss of revenure ? All honest questions because I'm slightly baffled as to how we would appear to rise up from the divisions to the SPL in 3 years when it seems that we will be weakened to a third or second divison level playing squad.

these are all very valid points which people have neglected. especially the points in bold

You're right, mate.

You are right.

I remember a while ago when this issue first raised its head, there was an idea about other clubs agreeing to play their home games against us at Ibrox for a share of the takings, wasnt sure about it then but if we got agreement from all div3 clubs it would negate the safety issues.

You're right, mate.

You are right.

I don't know if I'm right, I see hundreds of fans gloating 'lets go to division 3' when it's obvious the Rangers we know would be dramatically depleted. Do these fans think that the Naismiths, Mcgregors and Bocanegras are going to stick with us ? We currently have the best players in Scotland playing with us, how the hell do these people think we can still have the best playing in the third division ? I fear that if their wishes come true they are in for a serious wake-up call, I'm prepared for such a scenerio and I for one hope that we can avoid it. It would take several years, maybe decades to regain our premier position. Those expecting a quick rise to the top are expecting it with money we don't have.

these are all very valid points which people have neglected. especially the points in bold

I would happpily continue to pay what I was paying 433 per season. Ensure transparency on a monthly basis and pay what we need to and put the rest of it in a trust, to be opened when we return to the SPL. Three years money saved (balance of) and three years of young lads growing into men and return bigger and better with a stash!

If it was the other side of the city it would be grown men going into young lads, enough said BJK

I don't know if I'm right, I see hundreds of fans gloating 'lets go to division 3' when it's obvious the Rangers we know would be dramatically depleted. Do these fans think that the Naismiths, Mcgregors and Bocanegras are going to stick with us ? We currently have the best players in Scotland playing with us, how the hell do these people think we can still have the best playing in the third division ? I fear that if their wishes come true they are in for a serious wake-up call, I'm prepared for such a scenerio and I for one hope that we can avoid it. It would take several years, maybe decades to regain our premier position. Those expecting a quick rise to the top are expecting it with money we don't have.

No way would we have players of that standard, but we may well lose them anyway and i think if we need to get wage bill down and cut our cloth and rebuild we should start at the bottom. I agree some fans dont realise how hard it will be for us but just because its hard doesnt mean its not worth doing.

So staying in the spl with sanctions will be better.im with the last post I'd be happy sign up for me and my sons season ticket for the next 3 years at full price and get shares in return for the difference in season ticket prices if we r in the lower divisions

Totally agree mate .Theres some serious bullshit being written about us going to div 3 .Its a non starter for me .Whats more likely is a drop to Div 1 if anything but the more we talk about it the more we seem to be accepting it .

Strathclyde Home Stadium ? The sons got promoted to division 1 this year mate!

I am out of date with the lower leagues.

I picked the lowest 3 stadia by attendance and made assumptions.

It's not Rangers who should be sent to Division 3, but me! :)

Pfft don't you know all our players will stay with us especially all the young talented ones and we will whitewash everyone on the way up while still having 52k sellouts every other week and winning the two cups!

Pfft don't you know all our players will stay with us especially all the young talented ones and we will whitewash everyone on the way up while still having 52k sellouts every other week and winning the two cups!

3 cups .you forgot the harry ramsdens challenge cup

In the interests of public safety, before decisions can be it should be publicly asked if Division 3 grounds are safe enough by modern standards.

Fair enough, they've all been "modernised "for legal reasons, but can a ground like Cliftonhill with its 1,238 capacity, the Strathclyde Homes Stadium(2,020) or Bayview Stadium (1,992) cope with 10,000-15,000 supporters seeking a view of their young team gaining a historic promotion?

We would not be taking 10,000-15,000 to a Third division away game. Also, Strathclyde Homes is a first division stadium.

Several points:

It would be interesting to see just how many of our fans keep going to Ibrox in this situation, remembering how the attendances fell when we struggled in the top division before

Will our fans accept watching youngsters and no high profile players for several years.

Would the new owners accept lack of tv revenue,restricted hospitality,sponsor income and the resulting low return on the investment.

Emotionally, i would prefer to restart in division 3 and allow a rebuilding of the club and playing squad and it would dramatically help lower division clubs .It would also give Ally a chance to work out his own management style It would teach the small minded fans and chairmen of the other spl clubs a real damaging lesson.

But is it right for our club?

Ok we have a choice here dont we?

If we stay in the SPL we take Finanxial sanctions even with the Newco.Thats what the Scum and the bigots are propposing.

And I dont see any point in playing in the SPL for no Europe .

So we lose TV revenue ,and European but we make all the rest Rich ,and we stay Skint and pay big wages out .

No thanks Ive not done the Maths but there cant be much in it .

3rd Div .Or English lower for me.

would the SPL with a heavy points deduction and penalties on our share of prize money and tv money be any different than being in Div 3? At least then we would be winning something and hopefully developing younger players, rather than hsving them discouraged playing in a team struggling in the SPL? I can see the arguments for both alternatives.

I would assume that if we went to Div3 and along with the 3 year Euro ban we would lose the majority of 1st team players thus reducing he wage bill substantially.

Very true, we could be paying peanuts and getting monkies. Be careful what you wish for. Only in this country is the pursuit of excellence envied and despised and always by the mediocre. They happen to rule our game and, with all possible inneptitude, try to enforce fines and sanctions that are designed to cripple RFC. Our star is once more threatening to ascend. Let's see what the mediocrity try to do next. It's like a snuff movie........sick, sick, sick.

I had a thought the other day.

The club IS going to have to fae sanctions. Even though the civil courts say that the transfer embargo is illegal, the SFA/SPL will need to make sure that whatever they come up with is equal to if not greater than the original sanction.

The options:

1. Banned from the Scottish Cup - it's already been said that other clubs have had this punishment for failing to fill forms in properly, so that won't happen.

2. Kicked out of the SPL, and hope for SFL Div 3 acceptance. Sky would go ballistic. Three years without the OF - no chance.

I'm not suggesting it, but there is a middle ground.

Within the SPL rules, would there not be an option to deduct enough points so that we become the relegated club?

We drop down for one season to SFL 1 and return the next. Punishment served. We will also return to the SPL debt free - a situation that no other club will be able to boast about.