McCoist might not be up to this job

papaguy51

This team should be easily good enough for top 6 SPL, never mind the third division. He was a great player for Rangers in the past, but many a mistake has been made throughout history by people relying on old pals and favourites. He's just not very aware tactically

Good to see the loyal fans are still keeping up their barrage.

After the last 6 months, if people can't see there way clear to get through the first month of the season without this sort of nonsense, they don't deserve what Ally McCoist has done for this club.

Good to see the loyal fans are still keeping up their barrage.

After the last 6 months, if people can't see there way clear to get through the first month of the season without this sort of nonsense, they don't deserve what Ally McCoist has done for this club.

Don't tell me you're actually suggesting those who are voicing concerns aren't loyal fans ?

Ally's done everything for us but, like someone said earlier, part of moving on from the mess we've had is not letting it cloud our judgement on footballing matters.

Don't tell me you're actually suggesting those who are voicing concerns aren't loyal fans ?

Ally's done everything for us but, like someone said earlier, part of moving on from the mess we've had is not letting it cloud our judgement on footballing matters.

Maybe we measure loyal in different ways. Wanting to dump a legend after everything he has done for the existence of the club over the last 6 months isn't my idea of loyalty.

In fact, I find it embarrassing that this thread even exists.

Maybe we measure loyal in different ways. Wanting to dump a legend after everything he has done for the existence of the club over the last 6 months isn't my idea of loyalty.

In fact, I find it embarrassing that this thread even exists.

This isn't a "dump Ally" thread though, so your point is irrelevant.

And besides, that wasn't even what I asked you.

This isn't a "dump Ally" thread though, so your point is irrelevant.

And besides, that wasn't even what I asked you.

There have been more than enough comments that he is not up to the job.

You asked me if I thought they were loyal fans. I don't think a large number of the posts on here show any loyalty at all.

You asked me if I thought they were loyal fans. I don't think a large number of the posts on here show any loyalty at all.

Having the personal opinion that he isn't up to the job and actually demanding he's sacked are 2 different things though, I've not seen anyone demanding he's sacked/dumped/should walk away. If there are then fair enough and I've just simply missed them.

So our opinions must be tinted by other factors?

Everyone should feel free to have whatever opinions they want, including mine that the reaction from many after everything we have been through to the THIRD league game of the season is showing no loyalty to the guy who did more for us than anyone to keep the club alive.

If we can't give him some support and backing now, in return for his role over the last few months, I find it amazingly disappointing.

Everyone should feel free to have whatever opinions they want, including mine that the reaction from many after everything we have been through to the THIRD league game of the season is showing no loyalty to the guy who did more for us than anyone to keep the club alive.

If we can't give him some support and backing now, in return for his role over the last few months, I find it amazingly disappointing.

Is questioning him not showing loyalty? I've yet to really see anyone say he should be sacked right now.

Is questioning him not showing loyalty? I've yet to really see anyone say he should be sacked right now.

I think there are comments that have gone beyond questioning. "he is not a Rangers manager" is stuck in my head. And I honestly think he could do with some backing from us.

There is a very very fine line between loyalty and blind faith

i think this is an emotional response - i would argue that everyone here wants Super to do well. most of the posters on here that have been complaining all make pretty much the same case -

players out of position

punts up the park

struggling against inferior opposition

the first two points have been very concerning for me. if we lost the next 6 games, but played good flowing football, i honestly would not complain. i want to see our team playing good football and walking into the SPL with an entertaining side taht will destroy the other SPL teams. no more struggling against the likes of St midden at ibrox.

Anyone who questions my support of Rangers because of thread is clearly thick and doesn't deserve any sort of riposte.

I'll leave it at that.

I think your pretty spot on. I want mccoist to succeed and he should be given time ovcourse but the warning signs are there definitely.

inability to make game changing decisions

inability to get the players motivated

a horrible style of football that isnt working away from home especially.

poor tactical and team selection decisions

hopefully the team will gel sooner and things will improve but if we continue this pattern of winning at home but dropping points away something will have to be changed and unfortunately thats the manager. I'll give him time but he needs to improve in alot of areas. and thats if he even can.

Also on the subject of our play and tactics I remember seeing an interview with a manager not long ago and in training he said he split the team and one had to pass the ball on the deck through the other team defending to the other side of the pitch and if the ball left the ground or was given away they had to start again. Now I wonder if we are doing anything like that in training :sherlock:

It's a forum.

If everyone stood up and changed things that they felt needed changed after discussion we'd all get on better.

I stand by all of it, but the title was a bit sensationalistic upon reflection.

100% agree and I admire you for having the integrity to soften your stance somewhat!

I think there are comments that have gone beyond questioning. "he is not a Rangers manager" is stuck in my head. And I honestly think he could do with some backing from us.

I agree mate, however what he needs more than anything is the backing from his players. They need to get their finger out and fucking pronto.