Accounts out this morning

The money being paid on wages to players and management is the biggest concern. We should not be paying such vast amounts in the league we are in at the moment. Many players need to go and Ally McCoist needs to lead from the front and reduce those obscene wages by a considerable amount.

This

Plus the directors need to negotiate downwards as well

We need to be realistic. It costs around £30 million to run the club for a year.

We had £11 mill in the bank if we add another let say £4 million for ticket sales and even another (generous est.) 10 million for other income we are only up to 25.

The reaction on FF is the polar opposite of the reaction on here. I find it staggering that two different sections of the support can have such differing interpretations of the same set of figures.

££ reflects dinger, here reflects common sense with the exception of the hostiles.

Its all possible, but in reality we will need another cash injection to be challenging for the league, because in all probability we wont have any cash reserves.

Your probably right but I don`t see a problem with that. What you have to do is look across the city and see that they are getting weaker by the month.

papering over cracks with games against Barca etc. The real tell tale is selling players for big money and NOT being able to afford players to come in.

By the time we get back there they will be an average team at best and it will not be the gap we think between us. They still have their £34M debt and we have zero. I`d like to see another share issue when we are in the championship to help give us money for the next season when we get back to the top.

We need to be realistic. It costs around £30 million to run the club for a year.

We had £11 mill in the bank if we add another let say £4 million for ticket sales and even another (generous est.) 10 million for other income we are only up to 25.

The reaction on FF is the polar opposite of the reaction on here. I find it staggering that two different sections of the support can have such differing interpretations of the same set of figures.

Truth is somewhere in the middle I suspect.

People have been declaring them one way or the other 5 minutes after them being released. Think everyone should calm down and take their time to digest them.

Just had a proper look at the accounts, by looks of it the £14 million operating loss DOESNT include one off payments? 19 million revenue, 33 million operating costs. Then on the next page of the full accounts it says one off payments 20 million (income from negative goodwill release) then a loss of 4 million as one off costs? Not 100% sure but that's what it seems like, dying to get home from work already too see if I can get a proper look at this!

Truth is somewhere in the middle I suspect.

People have been declaring them one way or the other 5 minutes after them being released. Think everyone should calm down and take their time to digest them.

I think you`ll find the truth is nearer RM way compared to the vhermin riddled swamps views.

Your probably right but I don`t see a problem with that. What you have to do is look across the city and see that they are getting weaker by the month.

papering over cracks with games against Barca etc. The real tell tale is selling players for big money and NOT being able to afford players to come in.

By the time we get back there they will be an average team at best and it will not be the gap we think between us. They still have their £34M debt and we have zero. I`d like to see another share issue when we are in the championship to help give us money for the next season when we get back to the top.

I agree that we will need another share issue and when we are in the Championship is the ideal time to do that. I want us back to the level we were at or better when Walter was the manager, i couldnt give a stuff about them across the city. What i do know is that if we get back to that level we will win titles again. But its going to need a good load of cash.

The money being paid on wages to players and management is the biggest concern. We should not be paying such vast amounts in the league we are in at the moment. Many players need to go and Ally McCoist needs to lead from the front and reduce those obscene wages by a considerable amount.

70-75% minimum !!

I'm no financial whizz kid , but it sounds like these accounts are ok. Not great ( didn't expect them to be ) but not the doom and gloom some were predicting. It'll be interesting the reaction the city investors have to them as they'll have their own people going through them to safeguard their investments.

Perhaps the current board, of which I support, will use the AGM as an opportunity to declare they'll take big cuts to their bonuses. This seems to be the biggest cause of disruption to the support, so there's an opportunity here to start uniting us all again and also give next years accounts a good start.

We also have ST increases which still have been done. We could of increased them this year and this would of been a bit better, but forever reason they decided not too.

Our ST sales could be nearly 60% more when back at full price.

Over £2 million, his benefit in kind was over £1 million 22% more than his wage. (tu)

Was that the shares he got? I though Ally had put in his own money to the IPO but seems to be sitting on a pretty nice nest egg..did we gift him that amount in shares? In my job, BIK means , Health plan and Company car. Ally must have some Private Health insurance then!

Was that the shares he got? I though Ally had put in his own money to the IPO but seems to be sitting on a pretty nice nest egg..did we gift him that amount in shares? In my job, BIK means , Health plan and Company car. Ally must have some Private Health insurance then!

Irrespective of how his benefit in kind is made up it is obscene, the board had no option with the tupe situation but certainly did with BIK, not something I can condone them for at all.

There are a lot of one-off costs in th first year accounts to do with aquirung the club - these costs do not occur again so what you are looking for is the underlying performance - that is the turnover against costs without the uff. So the overall loss is £14m but on operations its a wee profit.

Basically decent figures and in line with most expectations.

Dear god ! This (tu):)

We also had a one off benifit of £20m which wont happen again in the negative goodwill release. This is not £20m that can be used by the club, its just a revaluation of assets.

Should keep balance here!

so are you backing the board or not ?