Cannot see this other semi going any other way than Nadal. At a set down, young Thiem is having to work so hard for every point. His natural and brilliant crosscourt backhand, feeds right into Nadals best side.  This young guy takes some toll on his body with every bit of his weight and sinew going into those forehands.

At two sets to love, Nadal has dominated and forced Thiem to hurry on every shot. Nadal's driving shots into corners have ground Thiem down. The young mans previous win on clay, where he stood on or inside baseline for serve and rallies, has been impossible to implement. Nadal's serve and groundstrokes have seen to that. When Nadal serves well, it is actually one of the best,given the swerve and placement he gets. Great second serve too.

22 hours ago, JamieD said:

Nadal is in frightening form.

Both of us called it spot on Jamie

What a final to look forward to .

Who do you fancy for the win ?

Very tight one I feel .Possibly a 5 setter but because Nadal had easier semi

I will go Nadal in 4 sets

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

I just think he is laying down a marker in this tourney man he seems to be back to a bit of a beast 

He is .He is in awesome form . However Stan the man is incredible player when he is in the zone .

Remember 2 years ago against Novak on same surface in French final

He was outstanding against an in form Djokovic then

Can never be discounted IMO

Yes guys the interesting thing here is how Stans game will stand up to this Animal form from Nadal. This is Stan and he has massive experience compared to Thiem, but is he going to be hangin on, or can he impose in any of these sets?

It is the match ups that are fascinating.  I mean, Nadal does not care if you hit flat to him, slice to him,or topspin and force him to stand further back. Will Stans flat hitting be effective?   I would love a competitive match. Big Sod found a way remember. It would be a massive surprise but there are many in tennis.

I am just going to enjoy it and know that Rafa is best ever on clay and the complete legend at Roland Garros.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Both of us called it spot on Jamie

What a final to look forward to .

Who do you fancy for the win ?

Very tight one I feel .Possibly a 5 setter but because Nadal had easier semi

I will go Nadal in 4 sets

Nadal in 3, unless the Stanimal shows up, in which case Stan in 5. Think we may be looking at a 2008 style massacre.