So those buying game to game...

JRodgA2k8

Considering all that is going on 30,0000+ against Dumbarton is a decent crowd. Throw in a good performance and 3 points and it is not a bad days work, 35,000+ would be my guess for next week with another win bringing 40,000 for the one after for a live televised game on a Monday night. Most EPL teams would struggle to do that.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The stay aways (ie those who choose to as opposed to those who simply cannot attend). Those who have effectively turned their back on the real Rangers in favour of a rangers they perceive in their minds as the rangers they want but don't yet see and may never see. The former active Supporters - yes lets call them the former active Supporters for thats what they are proving to be. Those that have become passive Supporters - pick and choose the games, who shoot off criticism from the comfort of their armchairs and computers. Those dazzled and convinced by a message that somehow boycotting STs will ultimately benefit the Club and Company but in reality have become simply boycotters - they are not just boycotting buying STs they are actually boycotting attending at all. The 31k crowd is evidence enough of this. No credible arguments can be mounted that they are still actively Supporting the team. They have decided to stand still or worse to turn their backs and simply not be bothered.

Their choice of course. There is always choice. In staying away they are in effect signalling their contentment that Rangers could fail to get promption this season and endure seasons in the Championship because they simply cannot now be convinced to turn out to support their team. Support means buying tickets and around 12k or more are choosing not to do so. If it continues or gets worse then obviously budgets need to be realigned to the reality of actual gates as opposed to those hoped for. And so instead of continued recovery the risk opens up of a spiral of decline setting in - a self inflicted decline.

For those who could have attended but chose not to its a real pity that choice has been made. The real Rangers - the team on the pitch trying to win promotion in one of the most difficult seasons in the Clubs long history - will miss your Support. As for the rest of us who Support through the bad and sticky times I'm sure we will continue to give our best Support to the team. It's what we've always done and its what we'll always do and deal with the wider politic stuff away from actually getting to Ibrox to Support our team.

Part-time bastards. We'll see them all again next season.

If Ally is in charge I doubt that will be the case. We looked good today coz Dumbarton were rank. People are annoyed about all sorts of things to do with the club, and getting pumped by half the SPFL league teams each week next season ain't going to bring them back. And I speak as a game by game ex season ticket holder that is going game by game. If nothing changes with owners/board/Ally, then we will stay where we are.

I laugh at the so called Rangers fan that was RC today I had to listen too on the way home from the game today. He stated if I heard correctly that there will be more bears at Queen game than today (which he didnt attend)and he will be will picking and chosing the games he wants to attend. Ok fair enough m8 but ffs why give other clubs your money and starve your club that you love, some people really need to get a grip. I agree McCoists brand of football is not the best but I have to say Clyde game and the game tonight was certainly a lot easier on the eye to watch. I am not get at the ones who say that they will pay at the gate for each game I am really pointing the finger at balloons like this that would like to give other clubs their cash before our own.

If Ally is in charge I doubt that will be the case. We looked good today coz Dumbarton were rank. People are annoyed about all sorts of things to do with the club, and getting pumped by half the SPFL league teams each week next season ain't going to bring them back. And I speak as a game by game ex season ticket holder that is going game by game. If nothing changes with owners/board/Ally, then we will stay where we are.

Those not attending because of who our manager is or who because of who is on the board should really be questioning their love of Rangers.

You're trying to tell me when we play the bheasts next season it won't be a sellout?

...that died on it's arse by the second game at home then.

A crowd of 31,000 at the game today.

You're kidding yourself on if you believe that everyone who didn't renew had said they would still attend all the games .

Also there would have been more than a few season ticket holders missing because they aren't happy with the product on the park .

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it and I don't think my ST was used. The reason it wouldn't be used is down to the standard of our football of late and nothing to do with the Board. Much the same as all those who stay away.

Any UoF nyaffs been mouthing off about attendances?

Our Club stands on the Brink with Crowds dwindling.

I really cannot see our Club survive in any way if Admin 2 hits us.

It will be the fault of Fangroups like UOF who spread rumours and Lies about the Club.

I'm not for forgiving these Fans.

You were on here saying You didn't blame fans for not going because of Ally Mcoist but now it's all the fault of the fan groups . Make your mind up is it the UOF or Ally Mcoist . Is it ok to stop supporting our club because the football's poor at this moment ?

You're kidding yourself on if you believe that everyone who didn't renew had said they would still attend all the games .

Also there would have been more than a few season ticket holders missing because they aren't happy with the product on the park .

ST holders are included in the figure whether they attend or not.

Its too much hassle for most to buy a ticket on a game by game basis and when they haven't paid up front and blew their money elsewhere those who may genuinely have wished to do this may find they don't have the cash flow to actually do it.

You were on here saying You didn't blame fans for not going because of Ally Mcoist but now it's all the fault of the fan groups . Make your mind up is it the UOF or Ally Mcoist . Is it ok to stop supporting our club because the football's poor at this moment ?

ts a mixture of both mate. The UoF have given fans an excuse to not attend games with their mates anymore.

funny how the SoS/UoF said they could sort the ST shambles out if the board would just sign over Ibrox and murray park. Yet they are the ones who said they would go game by game. Well they haven`t managed to do that or their numbers are tiny. either way they have shown that their guff about Ibrox getting signed over was rightly kicked to the turf due to them not being remotely in control of the people the spout their pish too.

ts a mixture of both mate. The UoF have given fans an excuse to not attend games with their mates anymore.

i don't buy that . The UOF stance was to attend the games but not to give the money upfront for the reasons we already know .

If anyone had took their advice they would have been at Ibrox today .

I am currently recovering from a major operation and I am not fit enough as of yet to make the games.

All going well I might attempt next week, but may be a bit early.

I knew this would be the case, but my STs are bought and paid for.

I will never understand how anyone can just stop supporting Rangers and I will never be able to comprehend why they are happy to do the work of the Bheast.

I have nothing but contempt for these people and nothing but admiration for the real fans who stand by our club through thick and thin, no matter what goes on in the boardroom.

CA if you feel up to going i will personally drive thru to get you and drop you off back home mate.

Those not attending because of who our manager is or who because of who is on the board should really be questioning their love of Rangers.

You're trying to tell me when we play the bheasts next season it won't be a sellout?

So we get a full house for two home games - waw.

CA if you feel up to going i will personally drive thru to get you and drop you off back home mate.

Thanks D,

Magnificent gesture and much appreciated.

I would not put you out like that, If I am ready I will get a lift from a mate or go on the Supporters Bus.

Thanks again,

Nobody has an issue with those with work/family commitments like yourself. Its the ones who talked about game by game when they meant pick and choose. I have my season ticket but can't always make games, but I'm lucky that I can afford to do it. You have priorities elsewhere and no one should criticise you for that.

Cheers, if my daughter was 18 month older we would be down to the games every few weeks, she already has a signed top from last season, and hopefully she gets into the club and team as much as I am. Thankfully she doesn't see much of her mums dad as he is one of the other lot.

Last week it was because of McCoist the gate was poor, this week it's the UoF etc fault. Make your minds up guys ffs

Its not the UoF`s fault that they speak for so little. Yet they think they can get Ibrox and murray park signed over. lol

I am currently recovering from a major operation and I am not fit enough as of yet to make the games.

I will never understand how anyone can just stop supporting Rangers and I will never be able to comprehend why they are happy to do the work of the Bheast.

I have nothing but contempt for these people and nothing but admiration for the real fans who stand by our club through thick and thin, no matter what goes on in the boardroom.

I'm on here telling you the UOF are Arseholes and don't help one bit.

There will be people who have had enough of the Fitbaw and that's their choice, but the UOF deliberately hurt this Club by encouraging people to avoid turning up because of politics.

We don't need this shit.

They are Twats.

get well soon C A hope everything's ok with your sis will have to get back into the lobby on rangers chat