We won't go up this season.

EatDolphins

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We have played Hearts twice and Hibs once and have lost all three league games. At the start of the season you would never have believed it. We should have been going into Saturdays game with huge momentum but no we fucked it up the week before by drawing with Alloa for the second time this season. This is the worst manager in Rangers history and he has done incredible damage to the playing side. My anger is the fact that he wont admit it, step aside and let the club progress.

Sorry mate but lots of us on here suspected this after watching that pathetic pre season USA tour.

The evidence was right there in front of us.

We won't go up with him in charge not even play offs.

Think I recall a few years ago (Helicopter Sunday?) we were 7 behind the scum with 5 to play (or so) and still won! Point is.. sure it's possible. Big Marvin said back then 'Believe....' Problem these days is that no one does (well... very few).

Promoted this season? On the form and quality of league performances we have seen so far? On the evidence seen so far that the players have the mental strength to deal with expectation of success that goes with the territory of playing for Rangers? On the evidence that the Manager and coaches have the tactical nous to outhink and outsmart the opposition and set a team up that delivers enough wins to win a league or win promotion? On the evidence so far that the expensive strikers who were acquired can actually score enough goals to win games and win promotion? On the evidence that expensively paid midfielders and defenders can actually turn out performances on a consistent basis that - for midfielders - break down the opposition to create plentyful chances to score, and for defenders, that they can actually defend properly (especially at corners). On the evidence so far that the players and Manager are operating with a clear understanding of the importance of this season not only to the Club but to the Support - because the evidence of results and performances do not indicate to me that they are motivated to give of their very best.

Promoted this season? The very best I can say from what I've seen so far is never say never. But that is very very far from a notion of optimism about achieving promotion. The Manager and players are doing a good job in causing optimism to evaporate. Its the only thing they are doing well.