*** The Official Dumbarton V Rangers Match Thread ***

Captain Hilts

waghorn could keep banging goals in then run down his contract so should we not play him , zel got another assist today so is that not contributing too a title push

Re: the bit in bold - did he?

I thought he looked pretty good today but I didn't pick up on an assist although I missed some minutes late in the game. Which goal was that?

walsh will get a chance when he gets fit , i trust the manager too do what is right for us so when he isnt giving our youths a run out then i believe its because they simply arent ready or good enough

So you think Oduwa has been good, however, Thompson isn't good enough; even although, when he has played, he's looked excellent?

We can agree to disagree, however, I think that they are in simply as they have to be given game time and not on merit. Thompson when he has appeared has look just as good. We can't be claiming that our youngsters aren't played as they aren't good enough and then simply gloss over the fact that the majority of the displays put on by the loan players have been average, let alone setting the heather alight. I reiterate, what is the point of having them here if that's the case. Maybe as Ingio pointed out, to get better in the future. Well, I hope the next batch to arrive next season are actually better than our own youth; so they might be able to earn a place on merit. Next season will not be a cake walk by any stretch of the imagination.

Surely when a player is given a Rangers shirt and a game by the manager he's on the pitch representing the club no more no less. Think it's a bit patronising to think that these players don't appreciate the gravity of playing for Rangers. We are using these players to suit our needs, not developing them for the likes of Arsenal.If Warbs thinks they ain't good enough they'll be sent back.

Trust in the Manager. These are good times and it's only get better

Are we? Have you seen all their game time? A player like Weiss coming up - albeit not completely consistent in all games - suited both our ends; however, with these two, it's simply nothing of the sort. The latter is exactly what we are doing.

So you think Oduwa has been good, however, Thompson isn't good enough; even although, when he has played, he's looked excellent?

We can agree to disagree, however, I think that they are in simply as they have to be given game time and not on merit. Thompson when he has appeared has look just as good. We can't be claiming that our youngsters aren't played as they aren't good enough and then simply gloss over the fact that the majority of the displays put on by the loan players have been average, let alone setting the heather alight. I reiterate, what is the point of having them here if that's the case. Maybe as Ingio pointed out, to get better in the future. Well, I hope the next batch to arrive next season are actually better than our own youth; so they might be able to earn a place on merit. Next season will not be a cake walk by any stretch of the imagination.

you do realise oduwa plays on the wing and thompson is a cm ? And you do realise both oduwa and zel have both been out the team lately on the back of poor performances

you do realise oduwa plays on the wing and thompson is a cm ? And you do realise both oduwa and zel have both been out the team lately on the back of poor performances

Wasn't aware players had to play in the same position in order to critique them on overall performance. The latter would lead me to think both weren't the best pieces of business at the expense of Rangers players getting game time to prepare for next season and a whole myriad other reasons.

As I say, if we continue to go down this route then, particularly next year, lets hope if they must play, they can actually make a decent contribution. They will strengthen at the Meccano Dome, and we'll be expected to challenge right from the very off.

Starting to enter into the realms of lunacy and / or being deliberately obtuse. Could say that about any player, although, I'm sure your more than aware of that. Is an assist at stupid-nil up contributing to a title push, if you want me to be equally disingenuous, then no, probably contributing fuck all. Works both ways. Scoring a winner in a title decider against Hibs in a one-nil victory might be. Showed fuck all sign of doing anything like that right enough.

If you'd prefer to see said EPL reserves take the place of 'Rangers players' then more power to yourself.

Get used to it pal. When you combine the managers philosophy of looking at all markets and the minimal amount of money to buy new players we may see more loanees at Ibrox. We are not the only club exploiting that market and we have sent our own players on loan. McKay seems one ho has benefitted, who knows who else may return a better player.

Wasn't aware players had to play in the same position in order to critique them on overall performance. The latter would lead me to think both weren't the best pieces of business at the expense of Rangers players getting game time to prepare for next season and a whole myriad other reasons.

As I say, if we continue to go down this route then, particularly next year, lets hope if they must play, they can actually make a decent contribution. They will strengthen at the Meccano Dome, and we'll be expected to challenge right from the very off.

no but on the wing we are short of numbers so its easier too get in the team where we are strong in the middle so its obv harder too get in , im bored now , you obv dont think we should have loan players , i dont have a problem with utilizing it , have a gd night mate im away too enjoy the darts

Get used to it pal. When you combine the managers philosophy of looking at all markets and the minimal amount of money to buy new players we may see more loanees at Ibrox. We are not the only club exploiting that market and we have sent our own players on loan. McKay seems one ho has benefitted, who knows who else may return a better player.

Doesn't mean it's always the best thing for the club, pal.

Hopefully as I say above, the next time we attempt it, we make a better job of it.

no but on the wing we are short of numbers so its easier too get in the team where we are strong in the middle so its obv harder too get in , im bored now , you obv dont think we should have loan players , i dont have a problem with utilizing it , have a gd night mate im away too enjoy the darts

As I said on many an occasion, if they come in as standouts, or make a decent contribution, then I can see why in this day and age we'd utilize it. Enjoy the darts.

ha ha i did point out earlier that he wasnt on the bench

Yea mate! I thought you would have known that fact :D I will guarantee one thing though; If it had of happened there would have been 50,000 Tarriers jamming the phones within a minute of him crossing the white line and rubbing their hands together :lol:

Yea mate! I thought you would have known that fact :D I will guarantee one thing though; If it had of happened there would have been 50,000 Tarriers jamming the phones within a minute of him crossing the white line and rubbing their hands together :lol:

ha ha im sure there would have suddenly been a new rule that meant we lost 20 points and started every game -3goals till they decided we had learned our lesson