*** The Official Dumbarton V Rangers Match Thread ***

Captain Hilts

I would say the justification is Arsenal not thinking 'you're not getting any more players from us'. And that's a good one as far as I can see. Zelalem hasn't had that much game time that I would be totally confident that Arsenal would be happy. Not to mention that, if he is going to come back, a subs appearance first was going to be likely, because he's been out for a good while.

In theory, they should be better next season.

Can be the only justification in my mind. The only reason any of them are here should be to be a standout in our team, or potentially give us an opportunity to get another top player on loan in the future. I'm sure Wenger doesn't give a fuck about Rangers, and that's fine, however, I couldn't care less about the development of an Arsenal youngster.

If we have someone such as Weiss come up and look a cut above on many an occasion, then although I'd prefer it to be a Rangers player playing, I can fully see the justification - as you say - Scottish football is not what it once was, and, even though it gives me the boak, the EPL is right on our doorstep and we must take that into account.

Without being anything like a standout, and in some games being completely anonymous, he's had more than enough opportunities to say he's been given playing time. The much maligned Law has come in over the last few games and has played better than him on most of his appearances. I'm not comparing them directly, however, it irks me somewhat that many people (and a lot do) think simply because they are touted as an Arsenal wonder kid, then they must be better than our youngsters. Taking a Weiss or the like is a whole different prospect to taking someone who is nowhere near the finished article and has gone almost no way to improving our team for a title push. Feels like we are developing a player for Arsenal for their future, whilst denying a Rangers player an opportunity.

Which brings me back to my point, they should be in the team on merit, or hope to fuck we end up with someone a hell of a lot better next, or the next again season.

Last two games we score 10 goals, conceded only two, beat our closest rivals all the while playing attractive, attacking football any yet we still have people moaning. Zelalem is here till the end of the season and needs game time to stay sharp.

He's a good player too. Has such vision and calmness about him for a youngster.

Once he has a bit more guile and experience, and gets more confidence from the players around him, could be brilliant imo.

I also think he is playing under an instruction to receive the ball, move and pass it accurately without risk every time as he seldom takes the shot or tries the unusual. He probably needs to pick up a wee bit weight, muscle and nous too. If, he gains confidence and stature and is let off that leash and takes the confidence to shoot or play crazy balls into the box, as well as spread the ball accurately like he does already, could be phenomenal.

If anyone thinks WM will be here for years upon years, then I'd have serious, serious doubts. I think he's doing a superb job, and I also think that his philosophy will be wanted and snapped up by an EPL team sooner rather than later.

Sorry if I care more about the future of Rangers than the development of an Arsenal B Team player, maybe it's the way football has gone and I should adopt a team in 'the best league in the world.' :drugang:

So when are Hardie and Thompson going to get game time if not against part timers 3-0 up?

hardie and Thompson will get game time when warbs thinks they are ready. Hardie should be sent out on loan in January to get the experience. We have young Sinnamon out on loan at Falkirk atm he can't even get into there team. Yet some where calling for him to be given a chance last season.

If anyone thinks WM will be here for years upon years, then I'd have serious, serious doubts. I think he's doing a superb job, and I also think that his philosophy will be wanted and snapped up by an EPL team sooner rather than later.

Sorry if I care more about the future of Rangers than the development of an Arsenal B Team player, maybe it's the way football has gone and I should adopt a team in 'the best league in the world.' :drugang:

^^^Proper football fan. :clap:

your right mate we should have gave hardie 20 mins today and if he never got a hat trick then we would know he wasnt gonna cut it , we should prob send zelalem back tbh and tell wenger too get ox chamberlain or wilshire up or we dont want anyone

If your going to try and be facetious, you'd be better not being deliberately disingenuous at the same time.

If we are not receiving loan players who are standouts for Scottish football, or who barely improve our team in the second tier of Scottish football , then the point of having them here to develop them for EPL clubs is what exactly.

The bit about Hardie is sheer nonsense, as I'm one for giving our - read our - youngsters as much time as is possible to develop. Seems slightly contradicted by your not wanting them to be included for an Arsenal reserve. So which one is it then?

If he moves it will be to a top championship team

Sadly never made or seen the game today but 6-0 and about 75% possession fuck me that's impressive away from home

I always thought a thumping win against Hibs would push us on and have us back to our best - hopefully that's what's happened

Thompson I don't consider to be our youngster. I don't think we have anyone that's came through our system currently good enough to come into the squad.

I would say Ryan Hardie proves you wrong on that account and will prove you wrong hopefully when he gets his chance

hardie and Thompson will get game time when warbs thinks they are ready. Hardie should be sent out on loan in January to get the experience. We have young Sinnamon out on loan at Falkirk atm he can't even get into there team. Yet some where calling for him to be given a chance last season.

If Warbs doesn't think they are ready why are they on the subs bench?

If your going to try and be facetious, you'd be better not being deliberately disingenuous at the same time.

If we are not receiving loan players who are standouts for Scottish football, or who barely improve our team in the second tier of Scottish football , then the point of having them here to develop them for EPL clubs is what exactly.

The bit about Hardie is sheer nonsense, as I'm one for giving our - read our - youngsters as much time as is possible to develop. Seems slightly contradicted by your not wanting them to be included for an Arsenal reserve. So which one is it then?

i dont think hardie is ready yet or will be good enough long term , the 3 loan players have improved our team , i would have liked too see thompson for halliday today , i dont see our youth games but i think the fact we had a bench with no defender on it today tells a story

If Warbs doesn't think they are ready why are they on the subs bench?

It gives the younger players a feel of being part of the team ethos and the knowledge of knowing they are not far from making the 1st team, thus making them more determined to do just that.

There is a big difference between subuteo and real football by the way.

It gives the younger players a feel of being part of the team ethos and the knowledge of knowing they are not far from making the 1st team, thus making them more determined to do just that.

There is a big difference between subuteo and real football by the way.

They would get that from training with the first team, the points stands. If he didn't think they were good enough to come in and do a job they wouldn't be on the bench. Not sure why you felt the need to add a snidey "subuteo" comment replying to someone you don't agree with.

Have to agree with you mate, the Manager's thoughts for any game is not only for the 11 who start, but the additional subs who may have to be used.

Managers do not have the advantage of hindsight, unlike a few fans.

Well done Mr Warburton, keep doing what you're doing.

Hindsight? That is quite simply nonsense. Perhaps is we had brought three youngster on and had imploded, not that anyone was actually advocating that In the first place. We were three-nil up against Dumbarton. You didn't have to be Nostradamus to predict what was going to happen.

It's amazing, you'd think from some of the comments that the two loan forwards we have were akin to Xavi and Ronaldo. They've had little to no real fucking impact.

They would get that from training with the first team, the points stands. If he didn't think they were good enough to come in and do a job they wouldn't be on the bench. Not sure why you felt the need to add a snidey "subuteo" comment replying to someone you don't agree with.

Training with "the 1st team" does not make them feel as if they are part of "the 1st team".

I have already explained what the reasons are by them being in the "1st team squad".

I apologise if you feel the subuteo comment was snidey, so I'll simplify it by say what you know about football could be written on the back of a postage stamp, with still enough room for the lord's prayer.