Ibrox tour

15 hours ago, Sonnybear1972 said:

My Father's Day gift was a tour of ibrox which I done today, fulfilled a boy hood dream to walk down the tunnel while simply the best was blaring at the back of me, made all the more special had my wee boy and girl with me to share the experience, would thoroughly recommend it to any bears who haven't done it yet no sure about prices or anything as it was a gift, but was a magical day in the home dressing room imagining past heroes, trophy room was something else, all round cracking experience ??????

What time did you do the tour at m8t ?  I also did it for the first time yesterday , I was the 10.30 one ,  it was brilliant 

6 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I can honestly say the Stadium tour of Ibrox is one of the best in the business ( and that's not because I'm a Bluenose) and it's one every Bear should do in their lifetime. There is no problem if you are disabled or handicapped in any way because the staff ensure that your tour is done in a safe and enjoyable manner; for example, if you are in a wheelchair you are taken in a lift up to the top of the marble staircase etc.
The only problem I can see is that the Trophy room is now becoming too small for the amount of Trophies and mementos that are already there and undoubtedly will increase over the years,because when things get cluttered to the point where you can't see things clearly it detracts from the experience,  so perhaps that is something for any future board to consider.

I hope that for any Bear intending to go on the tour the SPFL Trophy will be sitting proudly on display sooner rather than later as it is a lovely piece of silverware that has been missing since I last was there at the beginning of November 2011.

I'll tell you a funny (but ironic) wee joke????  the tour guide made on that occasion; Craig Whyte had just conned his way into taking control of our club in May 2011 and by November we were so far in front of the others in the SPL that everything looked rosy to most of our fans, but others,including John Greig,  thought differently.

In the Trophy room there is the impressive collection of medals won by the great Richard Gough who won 9 league titles, 3 Scottish Cups and 6 League Cups plus other medals awarded to him when playing for Rangers and Scotland. but there is one medal missing from that collection (it was loaned out for some event) and it stood out like a sore thumb with the imprint clearly visible on the blue cloth inside the case. One of our fans who was handicapped and in a wheelchair wanted to know why it was gone? and the tour guide said with a serious look on his face.....Craig Whyte has probably came into the Trophy room and removed the medal then sold it on the black market.....It wouldn't surprise me if the lot got pawned before too long. doh

It would be interesting to see if that medal has been returned to its rightful place.

101.JPG110.JPG

There was a medal still missing from Goughs collection yesterday, tour guide said it was actually a medal he had won when he was at Spurs and they had loaned it 

Done the tour 5 times now and love it. There is just something special when you walk through the door to do the tour, and when you see the look on the face of your grandchildren as they do the tour makes it so special.

1 hour ago, Sonnybear1972 said:

Half 2 it started mate did you's see ricksen or that, aye mate tour was magic 

No but we got told the reason the blue room had the seats out was because of the ricksen appeal,  i liked the dressing room, all this time i never knew the captain always changes below the portrait of the queen 

1 hour ago, Sonnybear1972 said:

There was a medal still missing from Goughs collection yesterday, tour guide said it was actually a medal he had won when he was at Spurs and they had loaned it 

That's quite interesting,Sonny because the only medal Gough could have won with 'Spurs was a runners-up medal when they got beaten 3-2 in the 1987 FA cup final against Coventry City. The only other medal he received outwith playing for Rangers was a League Winners medal with Dundee United when they won the title in 1982-83, so it would be interesting to see if that particular medal was in the display case at Ibrox.

I know for a fact the Tour Guide on that particular day didn't say exactly what medal was missing or where it was loaned out to.

27 minutes ago, Johnnyren said:

No but we got told the reason the blue room had the seats out was because of the ricksen appeal,  i liked the dressing room, all this time i never knew the captain always changes below the portrait of the queen 

image.jpegThat's me and the kids under her majesty

• 10 months later...
14 minutes ago, Britonstreetblue said:

On 25/06/2016 at 9:53 AM, Sonnybear1972 said:

As far as I am aware it's goughies 9 in a row league medal that is excluded from that box In The ? trophy room .

this medal is framed in the Blue room it the first one on the right hand side as you enter the blue room ..hope that helps .

• 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Going on Saturday and can't wait!! Just a pity there's no game on that day too.

Got it as a present, so not sure about what happens. Being a thicko, I take it you just turn up at the door at the given time? Also, is there a dress code? 

Done it a few years ago and from what I think I remember you just say your name to someone when you get to the door and you can wear what you want mate. 

9 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Going on Saturday and can't wait!! Just a pity there's no game on that day too.

Got it as a present, so not sure about what happens. Being a thicko, I take it you just turn up at the door at the given time? Also, is there a dress code? 

Shirt, tie and brown brogues.

i'm thinking of doing it. always wanted to but never got around to it. recently visited camp nou and done the tour there and was impressed even though i wasn't that big a fan of barcelona. feels so wrong that i've not been to ibrox yet so i'm gonna get it sorted.

5 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Full strip, shin pads, boots and captains armband.

Am no a full kit wanker anymore! :lol:  

5 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

Shirt, tie and brown brogues.

:tu: I'll just stay in the dugout until the start of the season and practice my Portuguese! 

1 hour ago, BluebearDory said:

Did the tour last year and loved it. Also did a Sunday carvery lunch upstairs overlooking the pitch which is not expensive and was a lovely meal- just prebook for a table with a view :happy:

Been wanting to do that for a while. Did you take the boys?