English Football

Clemdog

15 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Not seen someone strike a ball so clean on both feet for a while.

Hits it so pure. 

Two of my biggest frustrations are footballers who can't use both feet and strikers who are afraid to shoot.

He can do both, and very well. Think he has a big future.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

England have some seriously good youngsters.

Foden, Greenwood, Saka, TAA

Sancho, Rashford, Mount, Wan Bissaka, Abraham, James, Maddison, Chilwell, Loftus Cheek, Winks, Barnes, McNeil and a few others too. Some have obviously got a good bit to go to fully establish themselves but a fair bit of potential there. Kane only 26, Sterling 25 as well. They have a fair amount of options now up top. Trying to get the right formula could be tough though. Good problem to have.

Defence and keeper are a concern. Maguire, Mings, Stones, Tomori, Gomez and the like are a little suspect, possibly a little unfair on Gomez, Pickford is wild too. Henderson has done well but not sure if he's quite as good as some are making out. That said i'd have him or Pope ahead of Pickford.

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

Sancho, Rashford, Mount, Wan Bissaka, Abraham, James, Maddison, Chilwell, Loftus Cheek, Winks, Barnes, McNeil and a few others too. Some have obviously got a good bit to go to fully establish themselves but a fair bit of potential there. Kane only 26, Sterling 25 as well. They have a fair amount of options now up top. Trying to get the right formula could be tough though. Good problem to have.

Defence and keeper are a concern. Maguire, Mings, Stones, Tomori, Gomez and the like are a little suspect, possibly a little unfair on Gomez, Pickford is wild too. Henderson has done well but not sure if he's quite as good as some are making out. That said i'd have him or Pope ahead of Pickford.

Chelsea are my English team but i don’t think Mount, James or Abraham are good enough. Loftus Cheek meh not sure Maddison or Winks either.

Sancho etc class but aye, centre halves and keepers dodgy.

12 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Chelsea are my English team but i don’t think Mount, James or Abraham are good enough. Loftus Cheek meh not sure Maddison or Winks either.

Not a fan of Loftus Cheek at all, think Mount is a lot better already tbh

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

I like Mount. He's a got a bit of the Lampard in him in that he provides a goal threat from midfield. Obviously nowhere near Frank level though. In fairness he's went from the Championship to 1st team player at Chelsea in such a short period of time although game time may be a little less with the signings Chelsea are making. James is unlucky that RB is so strong but if TAA moves further forward or central James or Wan Bissaka are solid options. He's still really young as well. RLC is strange one. He has all the attributes. Big strong, powerful, fast and he's always looked decent when playing for England. He's been unlucky with injuries but his little dink pass for Abraham's goal at Palace shows he has that bit of quality too. If he can stay injury free he offers something a different. Abraham can be a bit clumsy and unorthodox but he's got pace, is awkward and can finish. Again, nowhere as good  but similar traits maybe to a young Andy Cole. Another good option. I would have Maddison over Grealish but like Grealish, I think Maddison hides. They both have ability. They just need to get more involved, and make things happen. Winks is neat and tidy. I'd imagine he'll play more often once Henderson retires.