Forget about King spending any more time here

Virtuoso

59 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Was he not banging on about MW and the other two not wanting to be here and that's why he got shot of them, then talks like he himself doesn't want to be here... 

Just like they three cunts if hes not committed than he should GTF  Not buying this nobody else can do the job shit. 

Exactly my thoughts

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see a major problem with him being in SA . Infact most of the time when he comes back his interviews end up causing aggro,mind that could just be the press stirring it as usual. Money has went in but as yet not enough and more will be needed. If in a few years we are back at the top and he sells his shares to someone with our interest at heart fine by me ,he will have done his bit for us. However there is still a long way to go so we will just have to wait and see. This season coming up it will be important to see money invested in transfers. Let's hope this manager can pick some good players

35 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Explain how?

I'm not looking for an argument, but I don't want a response involving anything to do with the previous board either. I simply want our chairman to have pride in his work, and to be committed to achieving the best outcomes for us. If that means he needs to fly to Scotland and back every day, then so be it. If that includes turning up at court every week and fighting our corner, well I'm afraid that's what you signed up for Dave.

Because you used a player being unhappy being equal to our majority shareholder being unhappy. So it's not the same.

If folks were to look back King never intimated he would up sticks from his business and life in South Africa to run Rangers full time. NEVER did he say that - that is only what people want from him and therefore they get all pissy when he sticks to what he said.

The day to day running of the club is left to others and from what I see they are doing the best they can with what they have. 

There are majority shareholders all over the planet - china, USA and what not -  associated with the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd etc... they haven't up sticks and moved - they have a team in place that do the day to day stuff...

I have no doubt King is looking to get out - but with some caution as there are cunts out there with pound signs in their eyes and I feel he has our interests at heart. 

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

That's a horrendous interview.

He gives off the impression that being involved with us is a burden that he would rather not have.

No, that's exactly what he's saying! Ridiculous.

58 minutes ago, Bydo said:

If a player said that he didn't want to be at Rangers, or that he'd rather spend his time doing something else, we would quite rightly tell him to get to fuck.

King can do one of he isn't happy. Despite what he said, nobody held a gun to his head and told him to orchestrate a takeover.

If he's not committed, he won't do his job properly.

Put simply- Dave King, either man the fuck up, or get to fuck.

You can pay a new player to replace the one you chase.

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Because you used a player being unhappy being equal to our majority shareholder being unhappy. So it's not the same.

No, I didn't- of course they're not equal- but I don't want anyone at the club from the chairman to the receptionist that doesn't want to be there.

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

There are majority shareholders all over the planet - china, USA and what not -  associated with the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd etc... they haven't up sticks and moved - they have a team in place that do the day to day stuff...

Those majority shareholders aren't the chairmen of their boards of directors.

4 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

You can pay a new player to replace the one you chase.

And you can appoint a new chairman. Simply, if Dave didn't want the hassle involved with being the chairman he shouldn't have taken the job.

2 minutes ago, Bydo said:

No, I didn't- of course they're not equal- but I don't want anyone at the club from the chairman to the receptionist that doesn't want to be there.

Those majority shareholders aren't the chairmen of the board of directors.

Tom Werner is the chairman of the board of Directors at Liverpool - thought you weren't wanting an argument?

5 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

More lies and deflection from the GaSL

Seems we all imagined his 30 million front loaded sound bites:

You don't say.

I think King has some mental problems he just lies and lies.

He comes here talks shit to the media then leaves the board members to clear up his mess the guy's a clown.

It approaching the end game for King now all who backed him must see now he's damaging Rangers.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

We havent enjoyed it much in the last 5 years either Dave. If its that bad sell your measly 14.7% of shares and away and shoot some lions

sell to who?

Bus company owners, fat Geordies, fake castle owners, yorkshire racists ?

I think David Murray could't be arsed any more and sold up to the first goggle eyed blue pound whore he could find...... and well the rest was history.

14 minutes ago, Bydo said:

King made it clear from day one he didn't want to be here and the running of the club would be left to others, nothing has changed.

4 hours ago, big dave mcpherson said:

well seems like he has done a good job balancing books and have provided quite a decent amount for transfers and wages (o halloran...garner).........hes abit of a dodgy geezer but i think genuinely has done a good job.........think he called the warburton situation right also. I also agree about 15 mill has been invested in the club with him at the helm.

Jeezo

14 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Tom Werner is the chairman of the board of Directors at Liverpool - thought you weren't wanting an argument?

:lol:

I don't. I'm sure there will be some of them that are indeed, chairmen- but does Tom Werner publicly go out and say he can't be arsed with the job?

5 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

King made it clear from day one he didn't want to be here and the running of the club would be left to others, nothing has changed.

Then he should let someone else be the chairman then, surely? Someone that actually wants the job and feels privileged to be in the job.

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

sell to who?

Bus company owners, fat Geordies, fake castle owners, yorkshire racists ?

I think David Murray could't be arsed any more and sold up to the first goggle eyed blue pound whore he could find...... and well the rest was history.

DM sold everything lock stock and barrel. 15% of the shares is a small majority, nothing more. I get what your saying, but someone now would have to shell out a lot of money to have the kind of control whyte or Murray did.

And to be clear here, we are now in the black. So something is going in the right direction albeit it requires season tickets numbers to be high, so DK and the board are certainly heading everything in the right direction from £9m losses to £6m to a £300,000 profit is good news.

But he doesnt need to bleat about how joyless it all is..

I am not a fan of King at all, but it wouldnt surprise me to see a Fergus Mccann type of situation with him where, some years down the line, we look back and say "he actually done a good job".....maybe.

4 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Then he should let someone else be the chairman then, surely? Someone that actually wants the job and feels privileged to be in the job.

This could be wrong but I believe he's only the chairman of the PLC board and not the football board.

The way I read it its a 'Club for sale' interview.  

He's not enjoying life as Rangers Chairman.  He sees it as a chore, a bore even, and certainly not enthused by it.   Clumping about in a litigation battle with Ashley with no sign of prompt resolution and costing him money in a legal war where even if a victory of sorts happens its been at a cost to the Club with protracted damaged commercials and cost to himself in the time and effort to deal with lawyers.   But then he seems to court litigation as his previous in SA testifies.    

In my view he's hoisting the 'for sale - wanna be out of here quickly flag' and casting a wide net in doing so to see if there are any others out there - individuals or consortia - who might want to contact him to discuss a takeover.   And to let the Support and shareholders know its time to start looking beyond King.    His 'for sale' messaging was so blatant he might as well have given out a contact number to call to start the discussion on the terms of sale.

Personally I hope there are some wealthy folks out there, or some consortia that could be formed, that would be willing to oust King and replace him with a Chairman and Board who are willing to invest and who work hard to find more investment, who are enthusiastic, hard-working, in-attendance, and far more capable of working to create a quick, acceptable solution to dealing with Ashley.   

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

DM sold everything lock stock and barrel. 15% of the shares is a small majority, nothing more. I get what your saying, but someone now would have to shell out a lot of money to have the kind of control whyte or Murray did.

And to be clear here, we are now in the black. So something is going in the right direction albeit it requires season tickets numbers to be high, so DK and the board and certainly heading everything in the right direction from £9m losses to £6m to a £300,000 profit is good news.

But he doesnt need to bleat about how joyless it all is..

I am not a fan of King at all, but it wouldnt surprise me to see a Fergus Mccann type of situation with him where, some years down the line, we look back and say "he actually done a good job".....maybe.

I get that feeling too that we are on the right road and perhaps King staying the fuck away has helped that, what if he did meddle more, christ we might be in a worse place giving his ineptitude with interviews and what not. So I think him being in South Africa tending to his dembele dollars and our "home team" running the show is the correct set up.