Just a thought - Warburton

13 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

Would we have won that game yesterday with Warburton in charge?

Not sure what point your trying to get at here but we have a shit squad and a manger who tried to change things to suit the situation.

This season is a write off anyway so let him bed himself in and do what the hell he wants for a few more games, the only problem is that when summer comes he is going to find that Dinky Dave is dipping into his kids inheritance himself so there will be nothing left for new players unless the 3B's cough up more loans.

5 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Not sure what point your trying to get at here but we have a shit squad and a manger who tried to change things to suit the situation.

This season is a write off anyway so let him bed himself in and do what the hell he wants for a few more games, the only problem is that when summer comes he is going to find that Dinky Dave is dipping into his kids inheritance himself so there will be nothing left for new players unless the 3B's cough up more loans.

I still think player for player we are a better team than Motherwell 

it then boils down to two factors

Will we be better tactically than them on the day and will our attitude be better than theirs on the day?

I think we fell short on both fronts yesterday 

Just now, Carsons Dog said:

Thanks for your concise, well researched response

Well how else can I respond?? 

Yeah we might've done. I wonder if we would've won yesterday if Advocaat was in charge.

its totally irrelevant what's the point on dwelling on past management 

37 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

Would we have won that game yesterday with Warburton in charge?

Hard to tell but Motherwell was up for the physical challenge especially in the middle and we have some of our smallest players physically in there we needed really strength.

Still a team full of warburtons duds and it played out similarly to many games under warburton . Fall behind and get back in the game around the hour mark and then either draw or pull a late win . The season is now effictvley Pedro sussing out what players he thinks will do a job next season . Semi will take care of itself 

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

Hard to tell but Motherwell was up for the physical challenge especially in the middle and we have some of our smallest players physically in there we needed really strength.

Not only was the physical aspect disappointing yesterday but we didn't play a high enough tempo again

The 2nd half was a complete lottery

We could have won 5-1 and we could have just as easily lost 5-1

That was a massive gamble by the manager and whilst I welcome  early subs in an effort to change games I think that could have backfired against a better team

I actually suspect we've learned nothing from that yesterday 

22 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Well how else can I respond?? 

Yeah we might've done. I wonder if we would've won yesterday if Advocaat was in charge.

its totally irrelevant what's the point on dwelling on past management 

It's the same players on the same park going 1 down against the same team in the same season so it is pretty reasonable to make a comparison when the only thing that's changed is the management and the response to going a goal down

4 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

It's the same players on the same park going 1 down against the same team in the same season so it is pretty reasonable to make a comparison when the only thing that's changed is the management and the response to going a goal down

You going to make a thread like this every time we drop points? 

What if Warburton etc...

Also Motherwell had a different manager from last time we played them so another reason your thought to the last time we played them goes out the window