We can blame the manager all day long....

AlCapone

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

But our budget and inability to match our rivals will only attract a manager of his calibre. With the current board in place 10 IAR will be delivered in a canter..... god help us as to what comes after that.  

Sorry, I simply dont believe that the best we can get is a nobody from the desert.

17 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Sorry, I simply dont believe that the best we can get is a nobody from the desert.

Who were we supposed to bring in then?

Let's face it, the only managers we were ever likely to get were either a Premiership manager (McInnes or Wright), or an unknown from a foreign league.

I really don't know what people were expecting.

7 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Who were we supposed to bring in then?

Let's face it, the only managers we were ever likely to get were either a Premiership manager (McInnes or Wright), or an unknown from a foreign league.

I really don't know what people were expecting.

Mcleish.

McInnes.

Rowett.

We're a shambles from top to bottom.

Run by cunts with no money and who only appear when there's going to be praise coming their way.

A manager who's a dud. I know it's early days but I'm sorry he is.

And a squad of players who should be at Accrington Stanley or Partick Thistle. 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Mcleish.

McInnes.

Rowett.

The top 2 won't take us to anywhere near the level we need to be at.

Rowett had a good few months at Birmingham.  Hasn't done anything else as a manager.

11 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

The top 2 won't take us to anywhere near the level we need to be at.

Rowett had a good few months at Birmingham.  Hasn't done anything else as a manager.

And Caixinha will?

Burton's best league cup run, two play off finishes.

Changed Birmingham around completely and unfairly sacked.

10 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Fuck me ?, I'm getting mwi till Sunday 

I'd have took all three before Caixinha, still stand by that.

7 minutes ago, MisterBlueSky said:

:britney:Have you seen Big Ecks managerial record? He left us in 3rd in his final season and his signings are shite.

Just forget the double of cups, then the treble, shite season, then a double, then a shite domestic season but last 16.

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Mcleish.

McInnes.

Rowett.

Whoever came in still has shit players to work with. There's some myth on here that a new manager would turn these into good players. 

2 guys on that list were available without compensation and mr brylcreem and the former Motherwell director still never got them-even as interim boss.  Clueless or what

3 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

So what was the point suggesting those names if they weren't going to be any better?

Or were you just wanting a manager in who you'd heard of before?

Rowett was the only one of they three I would have wanted. Mcleish was rumoured, would have preferred him. McInnes a never wanted until a seen who we were getting. De Boer was the preferred choice from the start.

24 minutes ago, gregswanson said:

I believe Pedro is worth giving a chance; the europa league qualifiers and the next old firm game will tell all...

Sadly it won't, because we have no chance with this manager or any other on both fronts and if you are seriously thinking we can under this board you are in for serious disappointment. 

Yes, by all means give him a chance, but the scum are light years ahead and are not standing still awaiting our resurgence as Brenda's new four year deal bears testiment to.

As for the Europe, we have no time to prepare and armed with players that are dross, so no chance.

Personally, all I can hope for is a closing of the points gap. Anything else a bonus, because that is who and what we are under this board. Challenge them and we might get somewhere.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Rowett was the only one of they three I would have wanted. Mcleish was rumoured, would have preferred him. McInnes a never wanted until a seen who we were getting. De Boer was the preferred choice from the start.

In all honesty I wouldn't have minded Rowett coming in.  He seems to be a good disciplinarian and organises his teams well.  But as I said, he's achieved next to nothing as a manager.  He was no more qualified for the role than Warburton was.

McLeish done well when us and the tarriers where competing on an even keel, and received backing from Murray.  Our board wanted a cheap option who can work on a low budget and find gems (work miracles basically).  McLeish isn't the man to do that.  Plus his record since leaving us is abysmal.

FDB was never, ever going to happen.  The amount of people who thought was actually possible still baffles me.

58 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

But our budget and inability to match our rivals will only attract a manager of his calibre. With the current board in place 10 IAR will be delivered in a canter..... god help us as to what comes after that.  

We have a budget not only to match Aberdeen but to blow them out the water. That's down to the footballing management.

The board aren't blameless. They appointed Pedro and they also gave Warburton far too long also. No decision we make at Rangers be it footballing or behind the scenes is correct. Not one single decision.

5 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

In all honesty I wouldn't have minded Rowett coming in.  He seems to be a good disciplinarian and organises his teams well.  But as I said, he's achieved next to nothing as a manager.  He was no more qualified for the role than Warburton was.

McLeish done well when us and the tarriers where competing on an even keel, and received backing from Murray.  Our board wanted a cheap option who can work on a low budget and find gems (work miracles basically).  McLeish isn't the man to do that.  Plus his record since leaving us is abysmal.

FDB was never, ever going to happen.  The amount of people who thought was actually possible still baffles me.

I think The Dude said last week on here he heard from a good source that FDB was willing to come but at the end of the season but us being us wanted someone now and it ruled him out. 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I think The Dude said last week on here he heard from a good source that FDB was willing to come but at the end of the season but us being us wanted someone now and it ruled him out. 

Even if that's true I'd imagine they would've only held very preliminary talks.  If it went further it's highly likely FDB would've told King to bolt when he detailed out his budget. 

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If that was even remotely true I'd be back on the blower to FDB and asking him to get started 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We have a budget not only to match Aberdeen but to blow them out the water. That's down to the footballing management.

The board aren't blameless. They appointed Pedro and they also gave Warburton far too long also. No decision we make at Rangers be it footballing or behind the scenes is correct. Not one single decision.

They are wholly to blame as in they appointed him. We are loaded with dross and many we will not be able to move on. We ARE skint for decent quality now blood. This unknown newbie manager is only another patsie in what will be a long line of patsies.

This season has confirmed we can have little expectation for the foreseeable future with this board in power.

We are not challenging for shit anytime soon and anyone thnking otherwise are in for serious disappointment.

Root cause is the board and failing to vent anger at them only leaves us with the status quo and leaves them grinning like cheshire cats.

Reality is a difficult proposition to face!

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If that is true then only hurts all the more. I would have happily stuck with Murty and came fifth if it meant FDB next season.

It's depressing getting pumped by shithawk teams. Let's see if Pedro's recruitment is any good. We attracted Barton, Nico and Rossiter and on paper looked alright. This time we need at least as much ambition but the signings have to work 

Appointing an obscure manager, with a questionable CV, with little experience of winning, or being at a club where winning is expected (as player or coach), no experience of British football, and has a management style that maybe isn't what we need just now.....

I just can't help but feel he is a bizarre appointment, and represents a gamble that looks far, far more likely to fail than succeed and even then, what does 'succeed' mean differently from the safer bets on hand.

Yes, some of the alternatives weren't exactly inspiring, even if 'safe' options, but..... I fail to see what makes Caixinha so attractive. He has done nothing in football, nor looks like doing anything, to suggest he is the correct appointment. We are relying on a gamble paying off to justify his appointment.