We can blame the manager all day long....

AlCapone

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I have to admit I quite liked Maloney. Too good for the scum fc. FFS at five foot nothing, pound for pound he was good value. He wasn't your usual moaning faced scum bastard when decisions went against him. Don't know what he's like these days. However, I don't know how the fuck the sheep can afford him.

He wasn't the moaning faced taig bastard. Think that's because he never grew up one of them. Pretty sure he was an Aberdeen fan as a boy and that's probably why he's went there, he's made his money so I don't see him demanding top dollar, tbh

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Sorry, I simply dont believe that the best we can get is a nobody from the desert.

he may be a nobody but under our current board so are Rangers.... we are nobodies!  If we had a proper budget we would attract a better candidate of manager. The bottom line is that no manager worth his salt is going to ruin his reputation and stall his career but taking a job with a budget the fraction of the team who hes meant to upsurge....whilst they already have a team sweeping the boards a million miles ahead of us.

Every day with this board and their feeble managers is a day closer to 10 IAR   

53 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye let's bring in McInnes, a manager that hasn't laid a glove on the mhanks. 

And let our team score 3 against them. ??

This place really has a short memory, when folk on here mentioned McInnes before they got shot down in flames. Suddenly he's the next manager of the year. 

Not me I said at the time out of the names mentioned if De Boer wasn't a goer then McInnes is the obvious choice 

what you said there complaining about McInnes what does that make Pedro then in comparison? Pedro never laid a glove on Celtic either - your logic there is flawed 

55 minutes ago, Smile said:

We will not move on till we get rid of this board and the hangers on as the money will always be filtered to them rather than on the pitch.

Ding ding ding... we have a winner!

fucking well said.  The sooner these parasites are gone the better

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I have to admit I quite liked Maloney. Too good for the scum fc. FFS at five foot nothing, pound for pound he was good value. He wasn't your usual moaning faced scum bastard when decisions went against him. Don't know what he's like these days. However, I don't know how the fuck the sheep can afford him.

He'll be a good signing for them I just don't think it'll be costing them that much at this stage of his career

11 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Caixinha's only been here since March, so your point doesn't really make much sense.

Give the guy at least till Christmas imo, then we'll really know if he's got it.

quite simply we don't have the time to give anyone to Christmas

2 hours ago, AlCapone said:

But our budget and inability to match our rivals will only attract a manager of his calibre. With the current board in place 10 IAR will be delivered in a canter..... god help us as to what comes after that.  

Correct, his appointment clearly illustrates both the ambition and capabilities of this present board. 

Unless we significantly up our game then we will not compete - it's that simple 

4 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

All boils down to money I'm afraid and a half decent manager, both of which are strangers to us.

Off the park we are a shambles, so I suppose I can't expect any better, but I don't get it, when we have a board made up of so called multi milionaires, yet between they are unwilling fund say 10 mil towards what is a pivotal season, because if next season turns out as bad as this one there is no road back for us. The fans will desert in droves and there will be a funding gap as wide as the grand canyon internally, far less the gap btween us and the scum. I am left with only one conclusion but I won't say it.

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Not me I said at the time out of the names mentioned if De Boer wasn't a goer then McInnes is the obvious choice 

what you said there complaining about McInnes what does that make Pedro then in comparison? Pedro never laid a glove on Celtic either - your logic there is flawed 

I wouldn't have minded McInnes, still don't think he is any better than Pedro. As I said last night Pedro has a huge question mark over him. 

How is my logic flawed? Folk are saying bring in McInnes Pedro is pish, but so far both have been sadly lacking against them and McInnes has had multiple years at it. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I wouldn't have minded McInnes, still don't think he is any better than Pedro. As I said last night Pedro has a huge question mark over him. 

How is my logic flawed? Folk are saying bring in McInnes Pedro is pish, but so far both have been sadly lacking against them and McInnes has had multiple years at it. 

Because McInnes has still shown himself a much better manager than Pedro imo it's night and day the difference 

18 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

I just don't think there's any point making a fully informed decision on Pedro until then. These players have clearly downed tools and are so fucking awful even big Walter would probably struggle to improve then. 

Let Pedro clear out the shite and sign the players he wants, and then we can see if he's up to the job.

No point judging a manager right now who going by his previous jobs has been at his most successful when he has been allowed to put his own stamp on the team.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

All boils down to money I'm afraid and a half decent manager, both of which are strangers to us.

Off the park we are a shambles, so I suppose I can't expect any better, but I don't get it, when we have a board made up of so called multi milionaires, yet between they are unwilling fund say 10 mil towards what is a pivotal season, because if next season turns out as bad as this one there is no road back for us. The fans will desert in droves and there will be a funding gap as wide as the grand canyon internally, far less the gap btween us and the scum. I am left with only one conclusion but I won't say it.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Because McInnes has still shown himself a much better manager than Pedro imo it's night and day the difference 

How? 

He hasn't beaten them at anything and went on a terrible run the only time they got close. 

He also managed to get beat by our shower of shit twice and got lucky at pittodrie in the first game. 

I tell you what if he beats them on the 27th then I might reconsider but as of now it would just be like for like. 

Just now, Bronzy said:

I just don't think there's any point making a fully informed decision on Pedro until then. These players have clearly downed tools and are so fucking awful even big Walter would probably struggle to improve then. 

Let Pedro clear out the shite and sign the players he wants, and then we can if he's up to the job.

No point judging a manager right now who going by his previous jobs has been at his most successful when he has been allowed to put his on stamp on the team.

He is already judged and is found wanting, just like the board. It doesn't matter how many chances new managers get, Rangers are going nowhere.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How? 

He hasn't beaten them at anything and went on a terrible run the only time they got close. 

He also managed to get beat by our shower of shit twice and got lucky at pittodrie in the first game. 

I tell you what if he beats them on the 27th then I might reconsider but as of now it would just be like for like. 

By having them finish above us in the league that's how 

33 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The example of Man Utd shows any manager worth their salt works with what he has. It's obviously on a completely different level, but that's the point. They could win a European cup after being embarrassed the past 2 years, the change has been the manager, and two players. He's worked with what he's got and done it well. 

Basing your "point" on a cup run is poor tbh - in the league Man utd over the last four seasons finishing - 7th 4th 5th and and Jose will lucky with 6th place this year! - so you could say he has weakened Man Utd by buying two players....

1 minute ago, danger ranger said:

He is already judged and is found wanting, just like the board. It doesn't matter how many chances new managers get, Rangers are going nowhere.

There's a reason we've only had 15 permanent managers in 145 years. We gave them the time to succeed.

If he turns out to be shite, I will be one of the first to want him out and I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong for defending him. 

I just think he should get at least one transfer window and a couple of months with the squad he wants before we can be certain he should be out the door.

34 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I never get when people say he's never laid a glove on celtic as if it's a slight against him because that's a pretty unrealistic expectation when you are managing Aberdeen and you have even less money to work with than you would get here.

I was lookwarm, probably leaning more towards being against him, but managers have to start somewhere and move up the ladder and IMO McInnes has done just about as well as you can as a non Old Firm manager in Scotland (consecutive second place finishes, won them their first trophy in nearly 20 years and took them to their first Scottish Cup final in 17 years).

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

By having them finish above us in the league that's how 

Cmon mate. 

So being around 2 wins better off than us over the season makes him better?

Going on that logic if Pedro gets to within 20 points of them next season that would make him a success. 

Pedro/McInnes 2 cheeks of the same arse for me at this time. Pedro gets a chance with his own team to get going. 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I never get when people say he's never laid a glove on celtic as if it's a slight against him because that's a pretty unrealistic expectation when you are managing Aberdeen and you have even less money to work with than you would get here.

I was lookwarm, probably leaning more towards being against him, but managers have to start somewhere and move up the ladder and IMO McInnes has done just about as well as you can as a non Old Firm manager in Scotland (consecutive second place finishes, won them their first trophy in nearly 20 years and took them to their first Scottish Cup final in 17 years).

Look how well Moyes done with ever in but took a step up to a club that expects to win every game and look what happened.