Garry Monk..

Gaz52

Mind when he seemed a decent manager and a few wanted him for our job? Then somehow Leeds went from 3rd place to out of the play-off zone within about 3-4 weeks..

He's just resigned as Leeds manager :pipe: 

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

I see McInnes has been touted for the Sunderland job. Not a wise move if he takes it IMO

Sir Walter is assisting Bain in his selection process, so I'm not surprised McInnes is in the frame. Whoever gets that job will probably not last long, the club is in a truly awful state.

3 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I see McInnes has been touted for the Sunderland job. Not a wise move if he takes it IMO

We should have pushed out all possible options to get him at Ibrox, can't believe the bad reputation he gets on here. It's frankly laughable, but I guess an ex Rangers man doesn't get to great a reception on here, it is the RM way.

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

We should have pushed out all possible options to get him at Ibrox, can't believe the bad reputation he gets on here. It's frankly laughable, but I guess an ex Rangers man doesn't get to great a reception on here, it is the RM way.

Aye, a manager who has repeatedly bottled overtaking shite tarrier teams is just what we need.

3 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

He'd be daft not to take it, if offered. In Scotland the only job he could get, that could be regarded as better than the one he has, is the Scotland job and he's no chance of getting an epl job. 

On 2017-5-25 at 5:30 PM, Gaz52 said:

On 2017-5-25 at 6:35 PM, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Sir Walter is assisting Bain in his selection process, so I'm not surprised McInnes is in the frame. Whoever gets that job will probably not last long, the club is in a truly awful state.

It'd be a bad move on Sunderland's part - McInnes is vastly overrated by the Scottish media. He's benefited as much as Celtic have from our fall from grace, but he doesn't have the tactical knowledge or bottle to achieve any more than he already has done. He won't last two seasons at Sunderland, and will leave them in the bottom half of the table, and end up back at St. Johnstone or Dundee United. 

Marco Silva seems to be set for Watford. He'd be a better fit for them anyway; he's used to working under the continental model of being a head coach, rather than a manager, and will be comfortable with having one season to make a mark.

That leaves Palace open, and I wouldn't be surprised if Monk takes that job; looks as though Parish would prefer a British manager, and Monk would be taking over a squad with a good balance of young attacking players and experienced pros. 

• 2 weeks later...