Do any of our ex players actually understand?

Ferguson, I'm not surprised at all

Henderson does surprise me but, why's he pandering to them? If he needed the money that bad I'm sure Rangers could help him out, fuck the fans would probably raise the same amount he got paid within about an hour. 

It really doesn't surprise me that the tarriers wanted a couple Rangers men there though, they can't go a whole night without something Rangers-related going down

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Always seems to be lining up for a kick at us. Sad considering he is another who was meant to be a fan

He grew up a St mirren fan, an average player who got to play for the mighty Rangers....you would of thought that would mean something in this day and age but who are we kidding......as a previous poster said his arse licking of the tims was sickening.....proving again what working for the BBC does to you or in fact he is just another cunt.

23 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You're certainly not wrong. Ferguson is a cunt in any case, but surprised at Henderson as he is defo a supporter of us.

I had to think about this one. I hate those cunts more than anything. I don't want them winning anything and in fact, I just want them dead. I hate all that they stand for and it's obviously mutual.

Strip it all back and it is stil a sport, it's all that surrounds us that isn't. Does that say my thinking is wrong? In my mind I say no, but many would say yes.

Privately and grudgingly I could agree that it was an achievement in a sporting sense, but I just couldn't publicly mix with them. I can't even share the same pavement as them. I see a hoop top sharing the same pavement, hatred is automatically triggered. Now that probably says more about my upbringing than it does them, but it doesn't make me wrong in what I think of them.

Henderson on the other hand, is a legend and a player of quite some talent. Of course he knows what we are about and I would say he is a defender of us. Does him publicly acknowledging their achievement make him a traitor to our very existence? I just don't think so and it is what it is. I'd say Ferguson is not a traitor, because he never was one of us and he is just a cunt. He would revel being there, whilst Henderson would get the old feeling welling up inside him and be quite uncomfortable.

Maybe I am in denial about a hero of ours, I don't really know and I don't know his reasoning for doing it, or the circumstances surrounding his being there. I wouldn't have, but not everyone is as hate filled as me and I was never a famous footballer.

Henderson is/was pals with a number of the 'Lisbon Lions' - that's partly why he'll be there. 

27 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Ferguson, I'm not surprised at all

Henderson does surprise me but, why's he pandering to them? If he needed the money that bad I'm sure Rangers could help him out, fuck the fans would probably raise the same amount he got paid within about an hour. 

It really doesn't surprise me that the tarriers wanted a couple Rangers men there though, they can't go a whole night without something Rangers-related going down

It gives them some sort of validation by having these guys there

Clever fucks

Henderson would most definitely have been friends with a few of the Lisbon lions.. you do realise that up until at least warburton taking over our Scottish players would've been on friendly terms with theirs? It's only the fans where the divide used to start. I've always despised Celtic but I'd expect the professionals to get on.  Don't count the current Celtic squad as pros though- they're just wee neds going by their celebrations at ibrox 

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

I like how you change what i said to suit your agenda.

Did i say "the big bad world"

Here, it wasn't too long ago i replied to someone else on this very forum and you dived in fingers first and replied thinking i was talking about you, then realised you had made an arse of it, and you call others paranoid:lol:

Err I was replying to a direct quote from you to me - is it a bad hangover or still drinking that's asking your ability to remember? 

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Would you agree that the amount of muck raking and unbalanced view points in the media in Scotland is disproportionate? I think it is hardly paranoia when you look at the media in England and their view point is so different when it comes to reporting on us. It is (in my opinion) much more balanced. 

Reporting is not even accurate in Scotland when it comes to us. How many times have lies been printed and apologies have had to have been made? I will also mention the scandal across at the east end and the deflection from that club,which is lapped up by all and sundry. I do believe if our club was in that situation, we would not be allowed to get away with this "separate entity" nonsense.

Reporting? Accurate? You ask to much! :pipe:

Are we the 'only'ones being picked on? Press is shit but all this agenda nonsense is just that - and in context of this forum that can't even handle a 'laugh at Celtic 'thread in the bears debs because of our sensitivities I am sure there are posters on here that believe it - but that don't make it so. 

Hardly hungover, in the gym at the moment.

I can't be bothered trailing through my  post history to find it, but you 100% made an arse of it at the time, sure you admitted aswell.

Judging by wording there it seems like you might still be on the drink, the drink asking my ability to remember:lol:

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

I like how you change what i said to suit your agenda.

Did i say "the big bad world"

Here, it wasn't too long ago i replied to someone else on this very forum and you dived in fingers first and replied thinking i was talking about you, then realised you had made an arse of it, and you call others paranoid:lol:

No mate you did not say big bad world.I do consider myself quite balanced but reading through this topic it's clear BP9 seems to be on some kind of mission to piss off as many people as possible.I have read many post where I agree totally with him but on these occasions he just seems to go rogue!!!!Best just leaving him be and he may return to some semblance of normality sooner.Will put it down to the exceptionally hot weather we are having?

Supporters have a hard time understanding why on earth ex players are friendly with each other, despite them mixing in the same circles throughout their time on each side of the divide. Sporting doo's, golfing stuff, award ceremonies, speaking circuits and what not... 

They don't have the same contempt, anger and hate for each other that we do as supporters - it is as simple as that tbh

7 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

No mate you did not say big bad world.I do consider myself quite balanced but reading through this topic it's clear BP9 seems to be on some kind of mission to piss off as many people as possible.I have read many post where I agree totally with him but on these occasions he just seems to go rogue!!!!Best just leaving him be and he may return to some semblance of normality sooner.Will put it down to the exceptionally hot weather we are having?

Methinks he's been on the sweetheart stout again:lol:

I have no time at all Ferguson. He's always been out for himself and is not to be trusted.  He is no friend of Rangers.  

I can accept Willie Henderson going along to such an event (hopefully he kept his mouth shut) but he would have been well advised to decline the invitation.  Thing he should have asked himself, why did they want him there?  

I agree with the OP that a lot of our former players just don't get it the way the fans do. However, it does work both ways.  Although only a minority, I've read some posts on here where some of our current and ex-players and managers have been called everything under the sun, way above a normal level of criticism.  To give out such venom, even hatred and then expect the same player/manager to be loyal and speak favourably about our team for the rest of their days seems a bit hypocritical.

4 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Demonised on a weekly basis?? Oh dear. I don't ask or need your sympathy or support - but at least try to bring some perspective in to your own views. Try to remember it is a sport and as sportsmen and supporters see what is good in the sport, and sometimes that means acknowledging others achievements - don't go down the route of believing it's something more or the worlds against us. 

As I stated before pretty balanced person but cannot understand why any Rangers supporter or ex player would want to attend this event. As for the world's against us that's nonsense. Think about the last season alone and look at how the Rangers support is portrayed in all media because of the actions of a few idiots and compare how the Celtic support with it's fair share of idiots is portrayed and the difference is astonishing. It's there for all to see. The Rangers support need a voice from within the club /1872 to put a stop to it. 

28 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

I'm just a moderate non- paranoid RM member - all this agenda shite is just nonsense.

reporters are wanks - fair reporting never happens these days only headlines for clicks or sales but this big bad conspiracy that every one is trying to kick us in all the time is just the online laugh fodder we used to laugh at the dims about, of course that was back in the day when RM was robust  enough to have a 'laugh at celtic' thread but we are sensitive souls these days, must be all those 'faux'attaxks on us. 

15 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I'm just a moderate non- paranoid RM member - all this agenda shite is just nonsense.

reporters are wanks - fair reporting never happens these days only headlines for clicks or sales but this big bad conspiracy that every one is trying to kick us in all the time is just the online laugh fodder we used to laugh at the dims about, of course that was back in the day when RM was robust  enough to have a 'laugh at celtic' thread but we are sensitive souls these days, must be all those 'faux'attaxks on us. 

And he is back in the room?Actually agree with this and it's put over very eloquently.This however does not mean that others who disagree and do feel there is conspiracy at large haven't the same right to voice their opinion.It doesn't make what any of us believe right or wrong just different.Its the way we go about interacting and responding that sometimes becomes oneupmanship and puerile.In these instances even the greatest of replies become somewhat diluted in impact.

35 minutes ago, SJFC 2004 said:

As I stated before pretty balanced person but cannot understand why any Rangers supporter or ex player would want to attend this event. As for the world's against us that's nonsense. Think about the last season alone and look at how the Rangers support is portrayed in all media because of the actions of a few idiots and compare how the Celtic support with it's fair share of idiots is portrayed and the difference is astonishing. It's there for all to see. The Rangers support need a voice from within the club /1872 to put a stop to it. 

If one only looks with blue tinted glasses one tends to see only what you want - there have been plenty of negative stories about them and a good few positive ones about us. Now on the shooting front they have a stabilised club we have one - we'll let's just say transition - so the stories sound more negative because they are dealing with negativity. ( a wee point to sorta make my point -  the BBC - the fucking BBC drove the torbett story but there were folk did not even get that) 

15 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

And he is back in the room?Actually agree with this and it's put over very eloquently.This however does not mean that others who disagree and do feel there is conspiracy at large haven't the same right to voice their opinion.It doesn't make what any of us believe right or wrong just different.Its the way we go about interacting and responding that sometimes becomes oneupmanship and puerile.In these instances even the greatest of replies become somewhat diluted in impact.

So ( if I may) :pipe: play nice when folks post shite and don't rip the shit out of them? Even whilst being called a cunt? 

I do try! 

5 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Believe what you want - it's theanonomous internet after all - oh wait you do believe what you want you buy into all this paranoia crap.

So did you ever take part in the actual Falklands war?

Your a fuckin wank either way.

But I'd like you to answer the question.

17 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Ferguson is a cunt who has always been more full of praise for the vermin than us whenever i have heard him speaking. I know he grew up a bluenose but i think he must be bitter about the way he was perceived to have been treated whilst here. Calling us them is just him. Wanky. Henderson had no place there and should have declined the invite. Celtic are shitting all over us just now all over the place on and off the park and it's fucking heartbreaking watching it unfold before our very eyes. The Ferguson brothers too, Finbar and Derek, both working for Rangers hating scum and talking utter nonsense into the bargain too. 

To answer you, no, ex players clearly do not get it. That hurt, that heart break, that anger that we all feel watching our club be humiliated in public., whether it be through the media or on the pitch. Look at our idol, our club legend, Mr McCoist and the way that bastard treated us. The players who walked away in our hour of need, rightly or wrongly. Our club was wounded, our family was hurt and we needed support from them and they couldn't walk away fast enough. McCoist himself, couldn't make enough money from us. We made so many useless cunts multi millionaires, gave them their lavish lifestyles and wonderful careers and to a man they have all fucked off and left us to it. Some even taking liberties. 

Our club have been smashed from pillar to post since i can remember. It started way back when Duncan Ferguson got the jail, maybe even earlier when Souness stood upto the SFA and since then it has been one big fucking jolly hate filled conspiracy of shite against our club. Non Rangers fans will do and say anything to damage our reputation. The lengths that some folk have went to, to blacken our name has been embarrassingly extreme.  

We've been attacked by every single cunt in the country from every single sector of society it feels. From the Catholic Church to the judicial system, to the police force to the government to the media to the fucking fans of clubs outwith Celtic, everyone has had a go. They have all had a right good kick and it must, it simply must still kill them that they couldn't kill us off. We may be on the ropes but we are still fucking standing. 

This is the summer where we fight back. This is the season where we get it right up every single one of them. 

One thing is for sure, the party that will follow title number 55 will be the biggest party this country has ever seen. And we can all get it right fucking up every single bastard who took aim at us when we were weak. 

That is a post,well said that man:bow:

17 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Buddying upto these cunts gives me the boak I fucking despise them with every fibre of my body, dirty stinking tarrier inbred subhuman cretins I grudge the cunts the same oxygen I breathe 

Pretty extreme but the point is well made. Henderson surely did not need the money nor Ferguson. As for the ex players in the media none of them stick up for us and I frankly do not know why? It's extremely sad and off course we are a mile away from competing with them for anything. So the minimum is our ex players stick up for us or at least act like impartial journalists.

2 hours ago, Ibroxholm said:

I have no time at all Ferguson. He's always been out for himself and is not to be trusted.  He is no friend of Rangers.  

I can accept Willie Henderson going along to such an event (hopefully he kept his mouth shut) but he would have been well advised to decline the invitation.  Thing he should have asked himself, why did they want him there?  

I agree with the OP that a lot of our former players just don't get it the way the fans do. However, it does work both ways.  Although only a minority, I've read some posts on here where some of our current and ex-players and managers have been called everything under the sun, way above a normal level of criticism.  To give out such venom, even hatred and then expect the same player/manager to be loyal and speak favourably about our team for the rest of their days seems a bit hypocritical.

Again though, some of those players were his friends. He's spoken at sportsmen's dinners about a number of 'confrontations' on the pitch back in the day were really just the players sorting out meeting up that night with the wives, but the papers would greatly exaggerate it.

In some ways the hatred runs deeper now than it did back then, but I'm not going to moan about Henderson being friends with a few former Celtic players. You can tell he was genuinely upset when talking about Jinky Johnstone's passing, for example. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

So did you ever take part in the actual Falklands war?

Your a fuckin wank either way.

But I'd like you to answer the question.

Did you just ignore my other post ? 

And what  relevance is that?