When Bruno Arrives...

roboscot

10 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Not really he'll probably be two week behind the team in terms of match fitness.

But I agree we'll be fine with Cardosa and one other.

Right, let's get this nipped in the bud at the right time.

It's Cardoso, mate. This isn't gonny turn into another Charlie Adams, Steven Davies, or Kevin Thompson scenario.

10 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Not really he'll probably be two week behind the team in terms of match fitness.

He's missed pre-season, so I see your point. However he has been training and playing regularly with Portugal so hopefully he'll be up to speed.

11 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

How do you work that one out? He's been playing high level International games so his match sharpness will be higher than pretty much the rest of our squad.

11 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Right, let's get this nipped in the bud at the right time.

It's Cardoso, mate. This isn't gonny turn into another Charlie Adams, Steven Davies, or Kevin Thompson scenario.

Sorry bud I don't even know if his first name is Barry or Barrie.

10 minutes ago, jonoger1984 said:

He's missed pre-season, so I see your point. However he has been training and playing regularly with Portugal so hopefully he'll be up to speed.

10 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

How do you work that one out? He's been playing high level International games so his match sharpness will be higher than pretty much the rest of our squad.

When you hit his age u need rest after a very long season, yes he won't be too far off  when he finally arrives but it wouldn't surprise me if it's 3/4 week before we see him.

2 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Sorry bud I don't even know if his first name is Barry or Barrie.

When you hit his age u need rest after a very long season, yes he won't be too far off  when he finally arrives but it wouldn't surprise me if it's 3/4 week before we see him.

You his doctor? Guy has been playing first class international level football for the last few weeks and you think it will take him 3/4 weeks to get up to our levels? :lol:

I think he will arrive a week today, he hasn't played since last Wednesday and will probably have a week with his family then join up next Monday and train with us to be prepared for the next europa game considering we get through.

Nothing is wrong anyway, things are relatively positive for Rangers just now. The 1-0 win on Thursday will look a lot better once we've stuck 3 or 4 past this mob tomorrow

1 hour ago, Leeds_Bear said:

You his doctor? Guy has been playing first class international level football for the last few weeks and you think it will take him 3/4 weeks to get up to our levels? :lol:

Should read the post i said 2 week ....

It's common sense, I am only assuming Pedro will gave him the same amount of time off as the rest of the squad, which was two week, he comes back does some pre season for a week by that time we will have played 4 competitive games, he will be off the pace, if you think you can just keep playing at the very top level at high intensity for a season then just keep going for the next season then you prob never played football in your life, you need a break or you burn out, happens alot to younger players granted, but it happens.

I'm 40 still playing, I've played for teams since I was 7 yrs old  and believe me u need a rest when the  season has finished. 

Let's just see when he shows up eh?

6 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

It's common sense, I am only assuming Pedro will gave him the same amount of time off as the rest of the squad, which was two week, he comes back does some pre season for a week by that time we will have played 4 competitive games, he will be off the pace, if you think you can just keep playing at the very top level at high intensity for a season then just keep going for the next season then you prob never played football in your life, you need a break or you burn out, happens alot to younger players granted, but it happens.

I'm 40 still playing, I've played for teams since I was 7 yrs old  and believe me u need a rest when the  season has finished. 

Alright Clint, calm down - no need to hold a grudge against our Bruno. 

4 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

You aren't a professional athlete though mate

41 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

You aren't a professional athlete though mate

Am not, but how long does Ronaldo get off now??  I'm betting it'll be more than two weeks, in fact how many players from last season have had more  than 2 week off in Scotland or England ?  I would say over 95%   of professional athletes have had at least 2 week.