****** Women's UEFA Euro Championship****

Since we are about to be bombarded with this tournament from C4 and BBC Scotland. What's your thoughts?? Personally, never been a fan of the women's game, but having watched the World Cup in 2015, I was impressed with the technical abilities of many of the outfield players. Goalkeepers tend to be a let down for many of the teams.

I also think think the game is very skewed and pretty much one sided when the top 3 or 4 teams play, Sweden, Germany and probably England in this tournament. I can't see Scotland winning a game, but good progress for them to be there. 

I'm going to get behind the Scotland girls, hope they can pull off a shock or two.

I've never really watched Women's Football, I think because women aren't developed physically as much as men, it makes women's sport less exciting to watch. 

Like if you put the fastest guy in the world against the fastest woman then the guy would annihilate her. Same with strength. So it means to me that it's more entertaining to watch the faster and stronger version of the sport

tried my best to write that without being sexist 

Putting the standard into perspective.

The Australian women's team lost 6-0 to Newcastle Jets u15s :lol:

The US lost 5-2 to Dallas u15s :lol:

Women and 14 year olds are very similar physically so it just shows how horrendously developed the women are technically. Some players only look decent because they're up against awful players.

1 hour ago, Captain Hilts said:

It's really awful and the way some media outlets are trying to force it on to people is pathetic. It will never ever have the same appeal as men's football. 

Some interesting facts in this video:

Never expected to see a shouty man video in the thread when I started it, Ffs!! Thought you were 'the host' for a moment there.

I'm guessing this thread has got 2 pager written all over it!!

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

Putting the standard into perspective.

The Australian women's team lost 6-0 to Newcastle Jets u15s :lol:

The US lost 5-2 to Dallas u15s :lol:

Women and 14 year olds are very similar physically so it just shows how horrendously developed the women are technically. Some players only look decent because they're up against awful players.

That's some brilliant stats there ffs , :rofl: loada pish it'll be then , saying that it'll probably be hyped tae fuck to try n drum up some viewers ,they'll be making it sound like the Mens World Cup   

16 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Never expected to see a shouty man video in the thread when I started it, Ffs!! Thought you were 'the host' for a moment there.

I'm guessing this thread has got 2 pager written all over it!!

I've been posting far too much of this shit recently. Close season syndrome :lol:

Whilst the technique and first touch of most woman footballers is pretty poor and beneath the level we hope to see every week in the mans game..They are as hard as fucking nails, I have seen some mistimed crunching tackles that would have seen most men scream like a bitch until seen by a physio. The majority of these woman footballers just seem to get up and get on with it..(no doubt since I have posted this we will now see a Tournament blighted by play acting and feigning of injuries). Just like we have seen for years in the male game all over Europe..   

I'm all for the women's game growing organically, but it seems to be forced on us (certainly by the BBC) and that makes me uncomfortable. It isn't a great standard but sure as long as they enjoy it and it encourages more girls to play football and keep fit then that's a good thing right?

See some daft SNP woman MP I've never heard of wore a Scotland football top in the House of Commons today because apparently Scotland are playing England in this wee tournament. How childish can you get?

As for women's football in general, I find it as relevant as men's embroidery.

51 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

See some daft SNP woman MP I've never heard of wore a Scotland football top in the House of Commons today because apparently Scotland are playing England in this wee tournament. How childish can you get?

As for women's football in general, I find it as relevant as men's embroidery.

During PM's questions thats one way to look like a complete fud but the dafties will think it's amazing.

No idea why people feel the need to disparage the women's game. It is what it is. What's obvious is that it's improving. No surprise that more money and more exposure coincides with that. 

I always imagine my own daughter was playing in it before making criticisms of it. I think it helps me look at it fairly. Unlike cunty McShoutface above.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

No idea why people feel the need to disparage the women's game. It is what it is. What's obvious is that it's improving. No surprise that more money and more exposure coincides with that. 

I always imagine my own daughter was playing in it before making criticisms of it. I think it helps me look at it fairly. 

I agree with this..Just took out the personal abuse bit..:whistle:

1 hour ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Scotland lost 2-1 to Portugal

They have been a bit of a disappointment, losing to a team lower ranked really. Spain win tonight, and they are out. Typical Scotland though, best players injured (Kim Little, who is a bit of a superstar in the women's game) and infighting with the SFA over money matter beforehand. At least they got to the finals though, something the men's team is at least a decade away from.

18 minutes ago, adamtricky said:

england v spain  game on now  channel 4 , Decent  game , England  holding on 1-0 , Spain loads of possession , passing around Arsenal / Barc style but  making no clear chances.

First time in my long life that Ive ever watched a match and fantasied about pumping the referee......

10 minutes ago, don logan said:

First time in my long life that Ive ever watched a match and fantasied about pumping the referee......

:mutley: was a decent  game , Was good that they didnt role around the floor  looking for free kicks