• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Any minute now "Bears Den?!?!" incoming :headwall:

Well done to VB's for highlighting this. The more the merrier but won't hold my breath on Club1872 or our "bloggers" doing likewise.

I always hope n pray that club 1872 would release articles like this but it'd never happen. For some reason they must be seen to be fair and 'almost' unbiased but should not be the case. 

Not playing VB down as I feel they do an amazing job, but it doesn't get enough exposure. If C1872 were to release similar it'd carry more weight I'd think. 

7 minutes ago, 55Bear said:

I always hope n pray that club 1872 would release articles like this but it'd never happen. For some reason they must be seen to be fair and 'almost' unbiased but should not be the case. 

Not playing VB down as I feel they do an amazing job, but it doesn't get enough exposure. If C1872 were to release similar it'd carry more weight I'd think. 

I agree with you that something from Club1872 would carry more weight as they are a lot more mainstream and large shareholders etc.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It's either a piss take or just a blatant lie.

It's neither. They are funded by Provo's from West Dunbartonshire and attend meetings and education classes and schooling's on their rights, what to say to Police, in courts and what to do to get their militant Irish Republicanism message across at Celtic games. 

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's neither. They are funded by Provo's from West Dunbartonshire and attend meetings and education classes and schooling's on their rights, what to say to Police, in courts and what to do to get their militant Irish Republicanism message across at Celtic games. 

Some of them may well attend meetings but to say it's some sort of requirement to join them is total fantasy. As is the "initiation tattoo" rumour.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Some of them may well attend meetings but so say it's some sort of requirement to join them is total fantasy. As is the "initiation tattoo" rumour.

I don't know about tattoo's but there is processes for them to sign up. Properly I mean. Any wee nob can get a season ticket for the standing section and help with displays on match-day, sticker the toon etc it's not fantasy. You literally wouldn't believe the half of it and how well drilled they actually are. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

I don't know about tattoo's but there is processes for them to sign up. Properly I mean. Any wee nob can get a season ticket for the standing section and help with displays on match-day, sticker the toon etc it's not fantasy. You literally wouldn't believe the half of it and how well drilled they actually are. 

I know all about them. Well enough to know that the majority of the rumours peddled about them aren't true.

I used to be very close to someone who went on to become one of the "founding fathers" of their group. Obviously not close at all anymore but still know enough and hear enough to know that their shitty group get given far too much credit.

They probably wish they were as radicalised as they're made out to be.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I know all about them. Well enough to know that the majority of the rumours peddled about them aren't true.

I used to be very close to someone who went on to become one of the "founding fathers" of their group. Obviously not close at all anymore but still know enough and hear enough to know that their shitty group get given far too much credit.

They probably wish they were as radicalised as they're made out to be.

In the beginning they weren't funded by the provo's though. The group's went through changes since they started like how the Union Bears started in the Copland Rear and were hardline Loyalists now they're daft ultras instead. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

In the beginning they weren't funded by the provo's though. The group's went through changes since they started like how the Union Bears started in the Copland Rear and were hardline Loyalists now they're daft ultras instead. 

Aye they've obviously evolved throughout the years. In the beginning there wasn't enough of them to organise a five a side game. Since they've grown they've became a lot more vocal in their support of terrorist organisations and political bullshit but that earlier post I quoted is laughable. They would probably be flattered that they've been given that much credit tbh. 

Initiation rituals and tattoos before they're allowed to join. It's not the Crips ffs :lol:

Aye they've obviously evolved throughout the years. In the beginning there wasn't enough of them to organise a five a side game. Since they've grown they've became a lot more vocal in their support of terrorist organisations and political bullshit but that earlier post I quoted is laughable. They would probably be flattered that they've been given that much credit tbh. 

Initiation rituals and tattoos before they're allowed to join. It's not the Crips ffs :lol:

If the masonic, orange etc can do some sort of degree for potential new members then I don't think it's beyond GB recruits that's directly funded by the Provo's tbh. I've heard from a few people who know their stuff what happens with them but tattoo's is a new one on me tbh.

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If the masonic, orange etc can do some sort of degree for potential new members then I don't think it's beyond GB recruits that's directly funded by the Provo's tbh. I've heard from a few people who know their stuff what happens with them but tattoo's is a new one on me tbh.

I find it hard to believe they are directly funded by the Provo's. Sinn Fein are too politically savvy to allow themselves to be connected with those types, and any potential fall out. Just no, for a few reasons. They're not stupid, and why would they. 

Maybe people with Republican leanings, maybe connected to dissidents. 

But the Provo's, na, sorry, not buying it. 

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Again, I think you're giving them too much credit. These organisations have been around for hundreds of years, the GB are just a fans group that have been going for a decade or so. They may well get some funding from outside but a fair amount of their funding comes from similar methods to the UB as well, selling merch etc.

I obviously can't say for sure what they get up to but I'm very confident these stories are untrue or, at the very least, massively over exaggerated.

The tattoo story though I know for a fact is just bullshit.

Just now, Siam69 said:

I find it hard to believe they are directly funded by the Provo's. Sinn Fein are too politically savvy to allow themselves to be connected with those types, and any potential fall out. Just no, for a few reasons. They're not stupid, and why would they. 

Maybe people with Republican leanings, maybe connected to dissidents. 

But the Provo's, na, sorry, not buying it. 

It's obviously not SinnFein ffs ... Provo's is a blanket term for dirty fenian republican bastard groups who love the IRA. You can include the likes of those Glasgow based Carde Ne Haern (however they're pronounced) ... the same ones that fund them run the Celtic club in Dumbarton. 

Again, I think you're giving them too much credit. These organisations have been around for hundreds of years, the GB are just a fans group that have been going for a decade or so. They may well get some funding from outside but a fair amount of their funding comes from similar methods to the UB as well, selling merch etc.

I obviously can't say for sure what they get up to but I'm very confident these stories are untrue or, at the very least, massively over exaggerated.

The tattoo story though I know for a fact is just bullshit.

and I think you are being VERY naive

13 minutes ago, Land Rover said:

Guy in my work is allegedly in the GB , I will ask him .

TBH he just seems like a wee daft easily led lad , and I'd bet most of the others are the same .

If he's in the group he obviously won't tell you.

A lot of their 'hang ons' will be but the actual group is full of sinister vile scumbags

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's obviously not SinnFein ffs ... Provo's is a blanket term for dirty fenian republican bastard groups who love the IRA. You can include the likes of those Glasgow based Carde Ne Haern (however they're pronounced) ... the same ones that fund them run the Celtic club in Dumbarton. 

Look mate, I'm from Northern Ireland, when someone says the Provo's to me, they mean the Provo's/ Sinn Fein. Names, labels, connections etc are very important over there. 

Big difference from saying the Provo's are funding something, to a few rag tag Republican sympathisers and their groups, surely you can see understand that. 

A world of difference. 

Still all cunts all the same though ...

Just now, Siam69 said:

Look mate, I'm from Northern Ireland, when someone says the Provo's to me, they mean the Provo's/ Sinn Fein. Names, labels, connections etc are very important over there. 

Big difference from saying the Provo's are funding something, to a few rag tag Republican sympathisers and their groups, surely you can see understand that. 

A world of difference. 

Still all cunts all the same though ...

Are you? you've never mentioned it.

Anyway, they are 100% funded and educated by whatever word you want to use to describe IRA group's with finance. You can pick whatever name for them you want. 

I'm really not though.

Yes you are. So is Siam to an extent.

But OK if it makes you's feel better they aren't funded and educated and made to go through a sign-up process by the people mentioned. I take it all back and I feel really stupid now.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Yes you are. So is Siam to an extent.

But OK if it makes you's feel better they aren't funded and educated and made to go through a sign-up process by the people mentioned. I take it all back and I feel really stupid now.

I'm glad you've admitted it. It was starting to feel quite awkward that, after telling you I actually know one of the guys that started their group so I know what they get up to, you were still insisting these rumours you've heard are true.

I'm glad you've admitted it. It was starting to feel quite awkward that, after telling you I actually know one of the guys that started their group so I know what they get up to, you were still insisting these rumours you've heard are true.

You admitted you used to know a guy who was a founder in it's infancy but the group has changed a lot since it's formation. 

My information is as accurate as it get's and you really don't have a clue how organised, well funded, educated and militant they are. Our fans groups are miles behind them whether we chose to admit it or not.  

Let's be honest you and Siam's issues are with the VB article and you's are dying to try and make them look like their info is wrong or inaccurate when it really isn't. 

Honestly believe whatever you want it doesn't bother me in the slightest but you know yourself you don't really know. Let's be honest.