Time to gel

Fully prepared to take a lot of shite for this.  Granted, results haven't been good enough. None more so than Progres. However, there's no way a whole new team with the amount of new players we have will gel within the short amount of games we've played. 

The jury is definitely out don't get me wrong but from what we've read a lot of these players have been persuaded to come by the manager and want to work with him. We are too fickle at times, the outcome of a game has such a momentum swing on this place in general. 

We need to start picking up more wins and we should be beating everyone at Ibrox but I'm willing to give him a pass on the shambles last week and today was a poor performance but that happens to all teams. 

Time to gel is a lot of shit. He bought quantities over qualities. Only himself to blame. Look across the city. 2/3 signings and the team is playing much better football. All players. Even the dross. 

There should never be a situation a team has to gel. A new signing should slip into the new system smoothly. Maybe the odd sub apperence first then should hit the ground running. Pedro tried to buy a whole team of players. 

Had le guen all over it. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

They don't need to gel they play like they know each other pretty well tbh. 

It's the manager plain and simple. His plan-A and plan-B are both shocking as is just about every other aspect of his management. 

it was so easy to read what we were going to do every time today,frustrating as fuck to watch from the stands and to keep Miller on was absolute baffling 

6 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Fully prepared to take a lot of shite for this.  Granted, results haven't been good enough. None more so than Progres. However, there's no way a whole new team with the amount of new players we have will gel within the short amount of games we've played. 

The jury is definitely out don't get me wrong but from what we've read a lot of these players have been persuaded to come by the manager and want to work with him. We are too fickle at times, the outcome of a game has such a momentum swing on this place in general. 

We need to start picking up more wins and we should be beating everyone at Ibrox but I'm willing to give him a pass on the shambles last week and today was a poor performance but that happens to all teams. 

Did the Hibs players not need time to Gel or the Manageless Hearts players, these teams are filled with free transfers and loans it's not as if we are facing decent quality yet.

This is just another way we paper over the cracks. 

Going back to last Season you could never see a real game plan under Pedro. We had 11 players on the pitch but there was no understanding or philosophy. 

We aren't a counter attacking team, we don't have a strong press, we may be a possession based side but only in harmless areas of the pitch...

The guy has spent a lot of money, not in the context of football, but for us in our current state. 

And we're still in the same position...We play 4-3-3 and we pass the ball side to side and struggle to create or score. We play 4-4-2 and we pass the ball side to side and struggle to create or score.

It just isn't good enough. 5 points behind the tims and being knocked out of Europe by the 4th best side in Luxembourg isn't because we're struggling to 'gel'...

It's because our Manager isn't good enough.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

It's the manager plain and simple. His plan-A and plan-B are both shocking as is just about every other aspect of his management. 

Would you not agree they played well for an hour against Motherwell, good at times last week, granted shite today, very well against Dunfermline (granted lower level opposition), I was also at Sheffield Wednesday game and that's the best I've seen us in ages. 

Perhaps he doesn't know the teams strengths yet? I would agree that our play has been very inconsistent for example I've seen us play some lovely quick passing, one-two touch stuff through the lines and then that today was horrific. I think a style of play needs to be decided on and quickly. 

Generally I don't have an issue with the players, its the guy who picks the team and decides the tactics that I have an issue with.

Miller; Played far to deep week in week out

Pena; We are told he's not fit and on a special regime to get up to speed. Hibs game,out of the blue he's the go to guy, today nowhere to be seen.

Hardie; Surely there must of been better options.

Dorrans; Brought off today when he was probably one of our better options to create something.

The list goes on if you include some of his decisions from last season.

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Would you not agree they played well for an hour against Motherwell, good at times last week, granted shite today, very well against Dunfermline (granted lower level opposition), I was also at Sheffield Wednesday game and that's the best I've seen us in ages. 

Perhaps he doesn't know the teams strengths yet? I would agree that our play has been very inconsistent for example I've seen us play some lovely quick passing, one-two touch stuff through the lines and then that today was horrific. I think a style of play needs to be decided on and quickly. 

Yes I'd agree with that but playing well for an hour against Motherwell and a second/third tier part-time Dunfermline team at Ibrox isn't justification for the rest. 

3 minutes ago, orangecountry said:

Time to gel is a lot of shit. He bought quantities over qualities. Only himself to blame. Look across the city. 2/3 signings and the team is playing much better football. All players. Even the dross. 

There should never be a situation a team has to gel. A new signing should slip into the new system smoothly. Maybe the odd sub apperence first then should hit the ground running. Pedro tried to buy a whole team of players. 

Had le guen all over it. 

If you think a team with 6/7/8 players should just be on the same page instantly then you should write a book on football. It doesn't happen. In fact how often do you see a team start a new season with that amount of new players all coming straight into the team. Very rarely. 

36 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I agree the system is shocking. I still think he's still lacking a few quality players but that's not all that's lacking.

A good coach would have got more out of warburton's players. Caixinha didn't manage that. That for me told its own story.

57 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

If you think a team with 6/7/8 players should just be on the same page instantly then you should write a book on football. It doesn't happen. In fact how often do you see a team start a new season with that amount of new players all coming straight into the team. Very rarely. 

Bingo. You're confirming my point! dont tell me though tell pedro. 

He knew he had to hit the ground running and should've known signing high quantity of players wasn't going to let him hit the ground running.  Is he stupid enough to believe signing all these players was going to work straight away? Is he brave enough to think that he'll get another full season to get his team playing they way he wants, and then add QUALITY next year? 

Are you happy eith with the way the season has started out??

55 minutes ago, orangecountry said:

Bingo. You're confirming my point! dont tell me though tell pedro. 

He knew he had to hit the ground running and should've known signing high quantity of players wasn't going to let him hit the ground running.  Is he stupid enough to believe signing all these players was going to work straight away? Is he brave enough to think that he'll get another full season to get his team playing they way he wants, and then add QUALITY next year? 

Are you happy eith with the way the season has started out??

Wait so you're telling me we should have kept the same pish we had last season. I don't know any Rangers fans who wouldn't have said we needed the amount of players we have brought in. They need more time IMO.

5 hours ago, Smile said:

Did the Hibs players not need time to Gel or the Manageless Hearts players, these teams are filled with free transfers and loans it's not as if we are facing decent quality yet.

Hibs best player last week was wearing black and they didn't gel too well today ,Hearts are absolute shite.

8 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Hibs best player last week was wearing black and they didn't gel too well today ,Hearts are absolute shite.

Upped their game against us but we have to be up for the challenge.

Good they got  fucke d though.

Just delusional nonsense again tbh.

In get folk want to try and be positive and pretend it's going to be ok but that was done with Mcoist, it was done with the two interim managers too, then it was done with Warburton and low and behold folk are punting the same lines with Pedro.

Why lie to yourselves and not accept the manager is a complete flop? I mean it's not like it's just 2 or 3 bad results either it's almost every single big game we have played under him and that stretches to more than a dozen so far and he's fucked every one of them up. That's not bad luck it's simply bad management.

He's not going to suddenly turn into Mourinho either, this is his style and tactics....it might work for some Dorito munching teams in Mexico or wherever but it won't work in Glasgow with a club expected to win trophies. Time to face facts I'm afraid.

14 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I'm not buying it. 

Today wasn't about not gelling. We were well enough organised, but just lack any creativity, drive and cutting edge. 

Not good enough. 

Yup - the team should be able to function from day one.

When it gels, that's the icing on the cake, which turns your 2-0's into 3's & 4's.

14 hours ago, orangecountry said:

Had le guen all over it. 

All the players he has brought in are better quality than what we shipped out. Get a grip!

14 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

However, there's no way a whole new team with the amount of new players we have will gel within the short amount of games we've played. 

Aberdeen lost their captain and two best players. They are currently on maximum points having played 2 home and 1 away (away at a place we could not buy a win at) and managed to navigate a round in Europe before being knocked out. Seven of yesterday's team were at the club before Pedro.

He's both inept and incompetent. Utterly fucking clueless.