Willie vass picture

Billy1984

On 9/11/2017 at 00:48, sandyinroyalblue said:

Cheers I genuinely thought he was inside a pillar box.:sarcasm:

Willie said he was as far back as he could get...any further back and he would have been in with the Dundee supporters...His actual words.

14 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Beautiful picture.

However, was on his site and seen the pictures of that fan zone - honestly tear it down, what a red neck. It looks like a cheap gypo attraction in a Farmfoods carpark in Clydebank or something.

Walked past it on Saturday. Couldn't believe my eyes. There was only four people sitting at what looked like a pasting table. A total embarrassment.

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:52, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Must just be me that dislikes that view.

Much prefer the traditional main stand ones with the brick facade. Also love the main stand when lights are on during darkness, folk climbing the stairs to go watch the mighty.

Or drones view from centrally above the pitch looking down. And also the SJ full of blue red and white on a european night.

So many choices.

Too much sky in this one for me ☹

Nothing wrong with the blue sky mate . Only place , there will never be any rancid green :p:

14 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Nothing wrong with the blue sky mate . Only place , there will never be any rancid green :p:

Yup, fuck all wrong with the colour of the sky. It's just there's too much of it.

When I look at photo of ibrox I want to see her sitting majestic, in her glory, in full central view. Not peripheral.

Just a personal opinion, I'm a football critic not an art one ?

13 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

It's blue sky mate!

It's the grass being green that I find upsetting.?

As my Mum used to say when asked why she wanted to be cremated...

I'd rather go up in blue smoke than be buried under green grass. :tu:

On 9/11/2017 at 11:52, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Must just be me that dislikes that view.

Much prefer the traditional main stand ones with the brick facade. Also love the main stand when lights are on during darkness, folk climbing the stairs to go watch the mighty.

Or drones view from centrally above the pitch looking down. And also the SJ full of blue red and white on a european night.

So many choices.

Too much sky in this one for me ☹

I quite like it, but I also like what you say at the beginning. 

10 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Willie said he was as far back as he could get...any further back and he would have been in with the Dundee supporters...His actual words.

I would have to then question what lens he would have been using because you can get super wide angle lenses that can capture a lot even from short distance. I have a Tokina 11-20mm f/2.8 lens and it's incredible what you can capture with that alone, although that was designed for APS-C (cropped sensor) cameras. You don't need to be that far back, just depends on the lens you use, maybe he was using wide angle 24mm max? I like that photo though, makes a change.

2 hours ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I would have to then question what lens he would have been using because you can get super wide angle lenses that can capture a lot even from short distance. I have a Tokina 11-20mm f/2.8 lens and it's incredible what you can capture with that alone, although that was designed for APS-C (cropped sensor) cameras. You don't need to be that far back, just depends on the lens you use, maybe he was using wide angle 24mm max? I like that photo though, makes a change.

I think he actually  gave the specifications of the lens and camera on Twitter, so I'll have a sqiz and see if I can find it for you.

15 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I think he actually  gave the specifications of the lens and camera on Twitter, so I'll have a sqiz and see if I can find it for you.

Yeah, it's really all down to focal length. Professionals will use full frame body cameras which means you fit more in the picture. You do get super wide angle lenses however designed for APS-C cameras which is cropped sensor. My own Tokina you can capture a lot just for 11mm. You find anything below 50mm which is standard is pushing towards wide angle, just depends how wide angle it is.

I own a 24-70mm which goes from wide angle to short telephoto and that maybe the preferred option for photographers because it is versatile. 

Nonetheless I enjoy and appreciate the work he does, I know from the little experience I had shooting the under 14s game it's not easy, positional sense is something that can only come through experience. I'd definitely love to work alongside folk like him one day as it's the best way to improve.

12 hours ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Yeah, it's really all down to focal length. Professionals will use full frame body cameras which means you fit more in the picture. You do get super wide angle lenses however designed for APS-C cameras which is cropped sensor. My own Tokina you can capture a lot just for 11mm. You find anything below 50mm which is standard is pushing towards wide angle, just depends how wide angle it is.

I own a 24-70mm which goes from wide angle to short telephoto and that maybe the preferred option for photographers because it is versatile. 

Nonetheless I enjoy and appreciate the work he does, I know from the little experience I had shooting the under 14s game it's not easy, positional sense is something that can only come through experience. I'd definitely love to work alongside folk like him one day as it's the best way to improve.

Maybe if you drop him an email, or even see him at a game, he can give you some tips. I have a cousin who does photography at events (non-football) and he says Willie Vass is a real nice guy.