Boab Malcream

Bronzy

99-IN-A-ROW 

Rangers hero Bob Malcolm works as ice cream man serving cones to punters from Spider-Man van in Glasgow’s east end

The Scottish Sun can reveal the former Ibrox ace tootles around a scheme daily selling chilled goodies from the treat wagon

Rangers hero Bob Malcolm serves up a cone to a punter after scooping a role as an ice cream van man.

The Scottish Sun can reveal the former Ibrox ace tootles around a scheme daily selling chilled goodies from a Spiderman-clad treat wagon.

It’s a far cry from his glory days playing in front of crowds of 50,000 — but Malcolm, 36, is said to be doing brisk business on the streets of Glasgow’s east end.

And the former midfielder joked about his life in the sundae league, tweeting: “Spiderman is Barlanark’s fourth emergency service.

“It’s a great laugh, meeting new people.”

Former Gers star drives around scheme serving up ice cream

The former Gers midfielder is thought to have been doing the route for a relative over the last few weeks.

The tinkling strains of Raindrops Keep Fallin’ on My Head herald his arrival — and kids swarm the van for ices, sweets and snacks most afternoons.

One customer said: “I did a double-take the first time I was served by him. He does a roaring trade — the business must be worth a mint.”

Ex-Gers ace pictured leaving his house for work

And they added: “He gets stick from celtic fans but it’s good-natured. When Rangers have been beaten they head for the counter to wind him up.”

When we approached Malcolm he said: “My name is Peter” before admitting his identity.

Malcolm signed for Gers in 1997 and left for Derby County in 2006, also enjoying stints with Motherwell and Dundee.

After retiring in 2012, he coached with old pal Barry Ferguson at Blackpool and Clyde.

image.thumb.jpeg.74582281a33badd017bebb85abce5b7d.jpeg

"My name is Peter" :lol: 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

A former professional footballer making a living for himself? What a riddy. 

Embarrassing and pointless article from an embarrassing and pointless newspaper. 

I genuinely respect the guy a lot, only posted the article for the title :lol: 

Just now, Bronzy said:

I genuinely respect the guy a lot, only posted the article for the title :lol: 

Wasn't a dig at you mate, was aimed at The Sun. Sure it was them that took great pleasure in plastering pictures of Kevin Kyle working on the oil rig a few years ago aswell.

17 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

A former professional footballer making a living for himself? What a riddy. 

Embarrassing and pointless article from an embarrassing and pointless newspaper. 

was gonna post exactly that, the subtext is clearly mocking, its even worse than that, The guys actually helping out a sick relative.

Always thought Malcolm was an honest pro, not a pearl in an oyster type and for his flakey passing could have played sweeper in a 1-4-3-2 cone formation. Shame being a bit of a nugget meant he got a little bit tubby after he stopped playing; wouldn't say that to his face mind, he'd probably kneecap you with a magnum as cool as ice and turn you into a raspberry ripple.

FTP and UHT big man.