Andy Halliday speaks

Smile

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

If you moved to Nigeria to become a plumber at 16 would you be Nigerian? 

Uefa don't define nationality. They define who a player has represented. 

Is Owen Hargreaves Canadian or English? 

Do many plumbers in Nigeria get international caps?

National associations determine rules over nationality, overseen by fifa and eufa depending on the competition.

Do SFA, fifa or UEFA deem Gough to be anything other than Scottish?

Footballing context has differences on terms of nationality due to grand parental nationality and now years of schooling in certain countries. It's not as simple as country of birth or colour of passport.

Made a cunt of it but won't hold your hand up it seems ?

15 minutes ago, gsa said:

Yes? He's South African. He only played for Scotland. 

In the same way Murty played for Scotland but is English or Costa plays for Spain but is Brazilian. 

You should make sure you actually know what you're talking about before attempting to be a smart arse. 

In a footballing context he's south African eh? How many caps?

Just now, Bronzy said:

Yes, because I have become a citizen of that country and I choose to identify myself as Chinese.

Citizenship and Nationality are not the same. It's possible to be a citizen of a country without that being your nationality. 

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

In a footballing context he's south African eh? How many caps?

In a being a person context he's South African. 

Has a lovely house on Camps Bay.

Football law and actual law are not the same.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Do many plumbers in Nigeria get international caps?

National associations determine rules over nationality, overseen by fifa and eufa depending on the competition.

Do SFA, fifa or UEFA deem Gough to be anything other than Scottish?

Footballing context has differences on terms of nationality due to grand parental nationality and now years of schooling in certain countries. It's not as simple as country of birth or colour of passport.

Made a cunt of it but won't hold your hand up it seems ?

No they don't. 

They detemine whether or not someone is allowed to represent a certain country at football.

That does not alter your nationality.

Is Owen Hargreaves English? Is Tony Cascarino Irish?

Clearly not. 

They may have represented England and Ireland at football but there nationalities are still Canadian and English. 

Just now, gsa said:

Citizenship and Nationality are not the same. It's possible to be a citizen of a country without that being your nationality. 

Of course it's possible, doesn't mean that Gough or Goram aren't Scottish though. They chose to play for Scotland so they obviously identify as Scottish.

36 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

To prove you're not tthe pathetic fantasist /obsessed taig many of us believe you are.

Fuck all to prove to anyone, particularly the pathetic giggle gang in here.

Many more actually believe that of you.

As an indicator, look at the number of your likes, then mine!

I don't think you are, but neither do I care and I certainly wouldn't want to be meeting up with you ffs.I smply don't agree with  many of your views and neither do many, but so what? You do get it tight I must say, but heh it's football and all about opinions, but some are just hell bent on the personal abuse and innuendo it only says more about them than the posters they attack.

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Fuck all to prove to anyone, particularly the pathetic giggle gang in here.

Many more actually believe that of you.

As an indicator, look at the number of your likes, then mine!

I don't think you are, but neither do I care and I certainly wouldn't want to be meeting up with you ffs.I smply don't agree with  many of your views and neither do many, but so what? You do get it tight I must say, but heh it's football and all about opinions, but some are just hell bent on the personal abuse and innuendo it only says more about them than the posters they attack.

It's not so much your views on football, it's all the bullshit fantasy stories and the fact you've contradicted yourself more times than I care to remember. 

I remember you once said you were ' gemme as fuck' yet when someone on here calls you a spineless coward you point blank refuse to meet him at Ibrox. Nothing rings true about you and as I said I think you're either a pathetic fantasist or an obsessed taig, probably both tbh.

Ps I don't come on here for looking likes, if I did I wouldn't have spent most of my time in the boardroom section arguing with the usual suspects.

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

Fucking easy for you to laugh, just cos you're on near 9000 :lol:

I've got more likes than him so i can laugh at him, forum rules.

The clown is moaning about abuse but is happy to sit and dish it out, double standards and you know who does that best?