Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

2 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Doesnt change what I said. 1st is everything, the rest are nothing. You see it as a victory beating the sheep to 2nd. I see it as :dunno:

I don’t see it as a victory finishing above them, I see it as embarrassing finishing behind them because they’re shite.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Siwel said:

I don’t see it as a victory finishing above them, I see it as embarrassing finishing behind them because they’re shite.

Second for them is success.

Second for us is failure.

That's the difference between us.

2 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

I'm sure you gave yourself 10 staunch points and a nice pat on the back for this one mate. Good for you. 

But the reality is finishing behind Aberdeen again, irrespective of how we compare to celtic is nothing short of scandalous. With our current squad we should be able to finish second, preventing the 11 point gap from widening  and challenge for the Scottish. That's out the window without Morelos. Cashing in on him 4 months early without an option to replace him does far less for our chances at challenging for the title next season than a proper, strong and perhaps emphatic finish to this season does. 

Ah the old staunch card cause youre upset.

You do mention the gap so good for you however its the gap between us and top place we should be focussing on not the gap between us and 2nd place. 

1 minute ago, jcb said:

Second for them is success.

Second for us is failure.

That's the difference between us.

Yes I’m not saying second is success for us though am I? Second is where we should be finishing with our squad because it is so much better than theirs and with the money we’ve spent it should be yet we’re on track to finish behind them yet again.

7 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

I'm sure you gave yourself 10 staunch points and a nice pat on the back for this one mate. Good for you. 

But the reality is finishing behind Aberdeen again, irrespective of how we compare to celtic is nothing short of scandalous. With our current squad we should be able to finish second, preventing the 11 point gap from widening  and challenge for the Scottish. That's out the window without Morelos. Cashing in on him 4 months early without an option to replace him does far less for our chances at challenging for the title next season than a proper, strong and perhaps emphatic finish to this season does. 

No it doesn't. Not even close.

This could be the difference between offering a new manager in the summer £15k a week or £25k a week or offering him a budget of £7/8m compared to £12-£15m.

6 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

It's not "out the window" without Morelos.  We've just brought in Martins, Goss, Docherty, Murphy, and Cummings.  We can still secure 2nd spot and have a crack at the Scottish Cup this season.

We'll rebuild in the summer for a title push next season.  

21 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

He's our best player and has given us a great deal of urgency and commitment on the pitch. Love the wee man and his style of play. Want him to stay for at least another couple of years but can't  blame him if he wants to go and earn some big money now .... sign an improved offer from Rangers or accept a possible 3 or 4 times bigger wage elsewhere. Its up to him.

I hope he stays

You'd knock back 11M ?

2 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Ah the old staunch card cause youre upset.

You do mention the gap so good for you however its the gap between us and top place we should be focussing on not the gap between us and 2nd place. 

How does selling our best player out with a transfer window further our efforts to close in on celtic? 

£11m now and a painful end to the season, club and fan morale through the floor, no momentum.... Versus at worst (barring injury) £9m on top of our significant season ticket income, and maybe with a bit of luck some major momentum off the back of a big finish too the season if we can find some consistency. 

The latter, for me is by far the better prospect. I wouldn't underestimate the power doing the business on the park between now and may has as compared to merely boosting balance sheets in February. 

6 minutes ago, Gustav said:

No it doesn't. Not even close.

This could be the difference between offering a new manager in the summer £15k a week or £25k a week or offering him a budget of £7/8m compared to £12-£15m.

If you've got any suggestions as to what quality manager we're going to get, with those numbers, that wouldn't have been interested a couple of months ago I'm all ears.

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It's not "out the window" without Morelos.  We've just brought in Martins, Goss, Docherty, Murphy, and Cummings.  We can still secure 2nd spot and have a crack at the Scottish Cup this season.

We'll rebuild in the summer for a title push next season.  

I'd be absolutely astounded if we made even the final of the Cup and get second with only one half decent forward, personally. 

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

If you've got any suggestions as to what quality manager we're going to get, with those numbers, that wouldn't have been interested a couple of months ago I'm all ears.

I have no idea what kind of money/budget a manager would be looking for to come here. It's common sense though that the more we could offer the better we could attract.

Just now, ianferguson said:

You'd knock back 11M ?

Its a difficult one but I would if we can afford to. Will £11m be spent wisely and get us back to being champions (or close to it)

To be successful we have to aim high and keep our best players otherwise we are going to lose a few over the next few seasons and never compete at the level we want to.

I know that if he keeps playing well the interest from other clubs will not go away but I'd like him to stay for another 2 or 3 seasons.

2 minutes ago, Gustav said:

I have no idea what kind of money/budget a manager would be looking for to come here. It's common sense though that the more we could offer the better we could attract.

If your getting at a manager being the most important part of the puzzle for next year then id totally agree with you. For me though, barring an absolute Chernobyl between now and May it's going to be Murty. Big part of why i think a good finish to this season is very important. 

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

I'd be absolutely astounded if we made even the final of the Cup and get second with only one half decent forward, personally. 

I don't think we'll win the Scottish Cup regardless.  But, we're more than strong enough to get that second spot with or without him.

Personally, I couldn't give a fuck about 2nd place or the Scottish Cup.  I want to win the league, prevent celtic from winning the 9, and get ourselves back in the Champions League.  I like Morelos but if selling him helps us build for a title push next season I'm all for it.

3 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

I'm getting the feeling that people on here don't realise how big a player Alfredo actually is for us. 

He goes there'll be a huge dip in quality going forward. 

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I don't think we'll win the Scottish Cup regardless.  But, we're more than strong enough to get that second spot with or without him.

Personally, I couldn't give a fuck about 2nd place or the Scottish Cup.  I want to win the league, prevent celtic from winning the 9, and get ourselves back in the Champions League.  I like Morelos but if selling him helps us build for a title push next season I'm all for it.

We've struggled against absolute cannon fodder at home all season. If we leave ourselves with basically zero firepower it's game over in the league for me. 

8 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

How does selling our best player out with a transfer window further our efforts to close in on celtic? 

I think you've gone off on a tangent here. I've never said cash in on him. I dont want him to leave. But if we receive an excellent offer AND the player insists he goes it puts us in a difficult place.

Fans from every club on social media and forums laughing saying there is no 9 million pound bid and death is absolutely 100% imminent:lol::facepalm:

It makes me feel all fuzzy knowing we eat away at these cretins so much. It really is all about the Rangers, roon ye's ya fucking serpents:isay::rangers:

Archived