Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

In today's market about 10-12 million unless we struck lucky again 

That is it mate. 

For the first time in fuck knows how long we have lucked on a real sellable asset. But he’s a real sellable asset for a reason.lets get some miles out of him before we cash in. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, pcbear said:

If 11m is the correct figure that is to good to turn down, Docherty 600k/Jack 0 /Dorrans 800k/Murphy/Cummings(loanees but 1.6 for the pair if reports are accurate).

Do I want to win anything? stupid question.

Is it all about money? that's an unbelievable offer imo and must be grabbed (see players above for value to be had)

3rd one fantasy. For a Scottish club to get anywhere near the group stages is getting even more difficult, how many times have we done it even with our box office players?

I like the wee man but ffs get real 11m is mental. (if true)

Did the scum we all claim aren’t that far ahead not just do that. 

8 minutes ago, Siwel said:

We got Morelos for 1.5million and you said he hasn’t developed much since he got here so we got an £11million striker for 1.5 million, there’s good quality out there we could probably replace him for about 2 million if we look in the right places like we did last time which means we’d still have a very large amount of money to spend on other positions in the team.

First time in memory we have found a hidden gem and lucked on a treasure chest. 

But we have to believe we can do it year after year. 

5 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

This...why the fuck do we care? We want the best team on the park. If buying 3 or 4 £3m players as a replacement gives us that then fair enough but i wouldn't be rushing him out the door.

In a ideal world mate you are bang on i'd normally always agree - fucking frustratingly where we are now.........its a serious cash injection.  

I think he is tremendous for what its worth and we have been right to hold out.  If that bid is legit though it has to be considered.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

First time in memory we have found a hidden gem and lucked on a treasure chest. 

But we have to believe we can do it year after year. 

The taigs have done it pretty much consistently through proper scouting why can’t we?

Have they sold Dembele? 

Have they sold Tierney? 

They tried to sell Dembele, for less than we’re getting for Morelos actually.

they haven’t, but has anyone actually bid for him?

Have they sold Dembele? 

Have they sold Tierney? 

They have tried their hardest touting him the last three windows with no takers, Tierney is not half the player they think he is, again no offers. 

Just now, MK Dumfries said:

We'd get shafted by other clubs in the summer if we sold a player for 11 million now. Docherty would have cost double as would Murphy if he'd gone at the start of January 

So we shouldn’t sell any players for a high fee in case we get shafted then.

31 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That is it mate. 

For the first time in fuck knows how long we have lucked on a real sellable asset. But he’s a real sellable asset for a reason.lets get some miles out of him before we cash in. 

If these bids were coming from the EPL or Championship I’d agree, but they’re not. They’re coming from some mad Chinese mob who (as stated by another poster) are throwing money around like confetti, for whatever reason.

If he was comfortably worth anywhere near £11m then we’d have a bidding war, but we don’t. It’s crazy money, which we may not get offered again, and we should grab it and run, and use it to build.

16 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

How do you know they tried that ffs. Did they put adverts up on lampposts or a radio advert. 

They had journos put up fake stories about bids being made every other day even from clubs saying they weren’t interested to drive up interest in him, so aye they were pretty much begging someone to come in for him.

11 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

If these bids were coming from the EPL or Championship I’d agree, but they’re not. They’re coming from some mad Chinese mob who (as stated by another poster) are throwing money around like confetti, for whatever reason.

If he was comfortably worth anywhere near £11m then we’d have a bidding war, but we don’t. It’s crazy money, which we may not get offered again, and we should grab it and run, and use it to build.

I would rather take his goals For the next couple of seasons than cash in early. 

If we were going to sell him for financial reasons we should have done it in the window when we could put the money back into the squad. 

We can still sell him at the end of the season for similar or more money (unless he gets injured) which is what will probably happen. He is far from the finished article but is clearly a good player who is only going to get better. 

Because of that it makes zero sense to sell him now as 1) we need him for football reasons (which is why we didn't sell him originally) due to trying to get second place or higher and 2) we can't replace him until the end of the season. Therefore if he were to be sold now Murty would be entitled to ask some serious questions. 

20 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I would rather take his goals For the next couple of seasons than cash in early. 

All day long this 

could be the difference next season and who knows, even an extended run in the Europa league courtesy of his goals could see us coin back this supposed fee 

fuck them all. About time we had a hard nosed cunt handling our negotiations. Makes a change from the arse raping we have had on transfer fees, even pre 2012 we were a fucking riddy for it 

get these cunts to fuck. 20m or fuck off 

I hope the Club understand exactly what he's thinking about these bids. Because if we know he doesn't really want to go to China (which could be understandable if he dreams of playing in the EPL), then we could push them for stupid money before accepting a bid. 

I'll be completely honest and would be gutted if we lost him, even if it was for £10Million or more.

I think he's a cracking prospect who plays a massive part in the rest of our Season. I can't see bids like these not being made in the Summer if he stays, so we should try our all to stop him leaving. Which right now the Club seem to be doing. 

Archived