The ultimate false dawn?

K.A.I

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

He might have changed his mind tbh - I've been quite out the loop last couple of months.

Hopefully, he would be a good addition at this stage. I still think we need somebody in the midfield however who has that cutting edge creatively, a Davis/Mendes style signing. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's a rip it up and start again we were poor after we scored the goals and stopped pressing them high up the park, We have progressed in the time Murty has been in charge but he shouldn't be in the position after the summer unless he wins the cup.

Just now, GWR1979 said:

I don't think it's a rip it up and start again we were poor after we scored the goals and stopped pressing them high up the park, We have progressed in the time Murty has been in charge but he shouldn't be in the position after the summer unless he wins the cup.

Is that not a bit of a paradox though mate? if we weren't as bad as people are making out today and have progressed under Murty then why should he be punted unless we win the cup?

I'd rather see more on the progress front in the league such as actually having the bottle and talent to win today, then win a one-off cup in the bigger picture.

For the record I do think we have improved under Murty but we are still far too far away. I like Murty but I think we will always fall just short under him with his signings, tactics and team selections.

He's not the worst manager we've ever had but today was his big test and his chance to put down a marker. He failed us today.

We played 10men for 35 mins , we couldn’t beat them, it’s in our heads now we can’t beat them. 

They are poor and the euro results show that but they are miles ahead of us. 

We let Brown and Nitcham control the midfield and their strikers are just better than ours. 

Do we give up? No do we fuck but we need the tools to challenge and the most important tool is a manager .

i like Murty and will be thankful he stepped in when our board failed but he’s never going to win us a title. 

They pay that cunt 2.5m a year and today showed why a good manager is worth as much as a good player.

to be down to 10and put on another striker takes balls. 

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Absolutely dreading night shift tonight.

Beaten by ten men fuck sake

Faced it already. Felt physically sick but I know we are better than them and that got me through it.

A few well chosen words helped:

No surrender.

We Are The People.

4 hours ago, cushynumber said:

there are areas where they still look quicker and sharper - particularly going forward - they always seem to create too many chances.

I'll say it till I am blue in the face - we cant keep expecting our centre midfield to make up for the deficiencies in the centre of our defence.

Especially when, with the exception of Docherty, none of them can tackle.

Could see Windass in front of me - tarrier in the clear five yards away & he was looking at the bench for instructions as to whether he should go back with him.

This sort of thing should just be instinct, by now.

7 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Especially when, with the exception of Docherty, none of them can tackle.

Could see Windass in front of me - tarrier in the clear five yards away & he was looking at the bench for instructions as to whether he should go back with him.

This sort of thing should just be instinct, by now.

windass is great when he doesnt have to think - just run and shoot. As soon as he has to think about anything he is lost

4 hours ago, cushynumber said:

there are areas where they still look quicker and sharper - particularly going forward - they always seem to create too many chances.

I'll say it till I am blue in the face - we cant keep expecting our centre midfield to make up for the deficiencies in the centre of our defence.

I have the polar opposite view to yourself.  In my opinion we cannot keep expecting our centre backs to make up for the deficiencies in our centre midfield.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

windass is great when he doesnt have to think - just run and shoot. As soon as he has to think about anything he is lost

Dead on Cushy?

Was amazed he didn’t forget what he’d come for when he was running in for the opener!!

3 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

We played 10men for 35 mins , we couldn’t beat them, it’s in our heads now we can’t beat them. 

We let Brown and Nitcham control the midfield and their strikers are just better than ours. 

Do we give up? No do we fuck but we need the tools to challenge and the most important tool is a manager .

i like Murty and will be thankful he stepped in when our board failed but he’s never going to win us a title. 

They pay that cunt 2.5m a year and today showed why a good manager is worth as much as a good player.

Post of the thread.

For me murty has really improved the side but he needs to drive the team forward and ensure in games like this where we had better chances, particularly second half, he makes changes earlier to win games 

scottish cup win or look to other candidates im afraid.  It's no use having someone that is nearly good enough or nearly wins big games 

going into a 3rd season in the spl, we need to be challenging early on to win the league or we may as well admit we have accepted being second best which is never good enough for Rangers

5 hours ago, Bluenose-11 said:

Excellent post.

The ultimate false dawn. The players we have lauded on here shat it today. Docherty Murphy Goss Morelos Windass. Your chance was today. Once again it was proven that we have recruited well below Celtics level. Clear out needed in summer. I will admit it is far harder to accept being let down by our apparent own. Rangers fans yes, Rangers quality, no. 

I certainly didn’t see the first two players in that post ‘shite it’ today 

Murty's done reasonably well, but he's not the man to stop tiar and lead us back to the glory days.

The Board need to find the right man, bring investment to the club, and back the new Manager with every penny we can muster.

Today was a reality check. We're still miles behind and have to find a way of bringing a better level of player to the club.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

15-million wisely spent would do it but the key is spent wisely. I've a feeling most of them out there today probably played as well as they could against celtic but it still wasn't enough despite them being shite, down to 10 men, behind twice, us at Ibrox etc.

With the ultimate kick in our stones being the like for like attacking swap (when most would have expected them to shore things up) which got them the winner within 9 minutes.

4 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Nail on head.

14 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

No problem.

The delusion within our support in the build up to this game was disturbing. Reality is now kicking in and the sooner we accept we still have some way to go the better.

The delusion within our support was disturbing?  What thinking we had our best chance of beating the tarriers since 2012, you must be well chuffed your prediction came to pass.:wanker: