Major investment?

kris1984

3 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Once you factor in sponsorship, season tickets, TV, prize money and merchandise deal I reckon he’ll have more than that - however not anywhere near the sums needed or we all hoped.

Imo he will have 20+ mate more than enough that

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

He could say it’s ongoing but he didn’t, he clearly said they are not speaking with anyone else.

And he could be playing his cards close to the chest. 

Easy enough to spin that statement around. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Because it would be madness on kings part to announce that. 

If he did, every club we deal with for new players bumps up there prices.

When do you see other clubs announce there transfer budets to the press?

So you think King told a porky, that’s not like him at all.

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I honestly couldn’t give a fuck, why do you care about them? 

I couldn't give a fuck either, but then again, I'm not greeting like a bitch about a lack of announcements that were promised by people on here who actually know fuck all.

Whilst I think King is a criminal and always tries to pull the wool over our eyes I believe there must be enough funds to make the kind of transfers that Gerrard needs to build a team capable of mounting a credible challenge for the league otherwise Gerrard wouldn't have taken such a big risk to come to a club with a lack of transfer funds and try to win the league.

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

He could just be trying to throw the press and media off mate. 

I don’t think he’s that smart tbh, it sounds like something people say when they want there to be more to something than there is.

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

That we can agree on mate. No one outside the club really knows the full going ons. 

Quotes on the radio.......no new investment.......no outside investors 

So it’s as we were with £6 mil plus any addons 

Hardly the great news some were spouting on here.

I think Gerrard will rely on loan deals and contacts, he’s already shown interest in a young Liverpool striker who’s been sidelined.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I think Gerrard will rely on loan deals and contacts, he’s already shown interest in a young Liverpool striker who’s been sidelined.

It's another £10m+ what we had last year where we outspent the entire country put together

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Still stuff to be announced that the press can't talk about until after 11pm. I'm curious to see what that is going to be. 

The rights issue brings in 6m yes. But we still have season ticket money, new kit deal and money from players sales as well. 

5 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I don’t think he’s that smart tbh, it sounds like something people say when they want there to be more to something than there is.

Maybe there is more too it. Curious to see what the press can't talk about until after 11pm 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Still stuff to be announced that the press can't talk about until after 11pm. I'm curious to see what that is going to be. 

The rights issue brings in 6m yes. But we still have season ticket money, new kit deal and money from players sales as well. 

I bloody hope so as my reputation is taking a tanking. I simply cannot believe that an employee of the club would make this shit up.

It's this persons position that made me confident in sharing. 

5 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I think you’re right mate. Would be VERY surprised if all ST cash gets ploughed in on new transfers. I am also not sure why the whole Rangers fraternity thinks there is cast iron guarantees of large sums of money for transfers. I have seen nothing that suggests investment in our playing playing squad will be huge. 

I reckon the board have had an eye on what’s happened across the city with the rhapists. I know deluded brendan has had cash but the turn around he got from thumb, Mcgregor, Brown, Armstrong etc was evident. Maybe Stevie G believes he can get that from cardoso, candeias, morelos, dorrans etc. If he can improve those players and others quickly we definitely have a title race, his managerial reputation will soar.... 

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Maybe there is more too it. Curious to see what the press can't talk about until after 11pm 

There is always another angle on what King says. Last time round £30m investment included wages, stadium improvements etc but was worded in a way that the masses thought it was all on transfer fees

17 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Where is the thing about 11pm mate ? 

Archived