Major investment?

kris1984

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's quite as simple as logging onto rbs and opening an account. :lol:

There will need to be money laundering checks etc carried out. Don't know exactly how long it takes but I do know you won't just be approved that day and able to.deposit 11million quid that day 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

I don't think it's quite as simple as logging onto rbs and opening an account. :lol:

There will need to be money laundering checks etc carried out. Don't know exactly how long it takes but I do know you won't just be approved that day and able to.deposit 11million quid that day 

Come on m8,no sensible chat allowed in here ?

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Unless you're Russian.

15 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Which he's already said. There are requirements that have to be met.

But aye, some amount of moon howling going on in here tonight. I knew last night the forum would be bad with some of the mad rumours, but not this bad :lol:

21 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Especially with his criminal record. 

26 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I honestly thought you were taking the piss about the bank account but just read the article above. :happy:

Today he  said: “Two weeks ago the Takeover Panel said they were unhappy with the funds being held in South Africa and they would like them to be relocated to the UK to be held in a UK bank account in sterling.

“I said that would require an extension of the offer because I can’t get the money into the UK, open a bank account and get the various KYC (know your customer) things you have to do with the banks to make the deadline, and they didn’t grant the extension. So that is where we are now.

“I have gone back to them and I said I will take that under review. It makes no difference to the funding or ownership of the football club.

“I said, ‘let’s accept the Takeover Panel will not be resolved in the next couple of weeks, let’s go ahead with the rights issue as it is with the restrictions I have in participating’.”

Mr King said he will increase his personal investment in the club.

Does anyone know what the bit in bold means?

Has to be something to do with the current court case I would’ve thought. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Has to be something to do with the current court case I would’ve thought. 

I think you are right but does that mean he cannot take part in it, he says 'with the restrictions I have in participating'.

I am probably reading too much into what he said, it will not be the first time. :happy:

Just now, Bears r us said:

I think you are right but does that mean he cannot take part in it, he says 'with the restrictions I have in participating'.

I am probably reading too much into what he said, it will not be the first time. :happy:

Not sure if it’s a total ban or he must keep his share percentage the same. 

The fact we have a chairman who has restrictions in place over the shares in his own company is laughable. 

Just now, Wullie72 said:

Is this 11pm non disclosure agreement a real thing or made up nonsense?

Seen Esky post it earlier, so i'd say real.

Though no idea what for, i'll not be holding my breath for anything either ...

Just now, Siam69 said:

I think it’ll be something addressing the takeover panel decision and a bit about Gerrard maybe nothing massive 

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

I think it’ll be something addressing the takeover panel decision and a bit about Gerrard maybe nothing massive 

It'll no doubt be underwhelming, whatever the fuck it is :lol:

3 hours ago, backup said:

Because king will be away free and clear of the UK, SA bound.

Is this to do with TAB not granting him an extension?

3 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

My first thought was...What stock markets open/close at 11pm.

But we know it can’t be that.

My first thought was that the concert party have sold their shares and loan notes

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Not sure if it’s a total ban or he must keep his share percentage the same. 

The fact we have a chairman who has restrictions in place over the shares in his own company is laughable. 

See this bit about the UK bank account, I am surprised that was not made clear to him before when the court order forced him to make the offer, I just assumed the money would have to be in the UK.

He is an expert at taking everything to the wire and while he is probably right it's not really anything to do with the club, does he forget he is the chairman of our Club and that in turn does affect our good name IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Very strange that no journos have mentioned it or “leaked” anything. 

Just now, Bears r us said:

See this bit about the UK bank account, I am surprised that was not made clear to him before when the court order forced him to make the offer, I just assumed the money would have to be in the UK.

He is an expert at taking everything to the wire and while he is probably right it's not really anything to do with the club, does he forget he is the chairman or our Club and that in turn does affect our good name IMO. 

Well from what I read the court moved the goalposts on that one. 

Not surprising knowing Kings history. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Well from what I read the court moved the goalposts on that one. 

Not surprising knowing Kings history. 

Interesting, did not realise that. I just assumed a share offer in the UK would need the money in the UK. :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Only be underwhelming if you’re expecting something mate

True, I wasn't today either, that's why i'm not rampaging round the forum growling at every cunt :lol:

Though Livingston would need to up their game for the 2nd half.

Archived