Rapid Vienna Day Trip

ForeverAndEver

Booked up on Thomas Cook for me and a mate. Not holding out much hope for a ticket, demand looks high and we are on 0pts.

I don't usually complain much, but it's not entirely clear that your aren't guaranteed a spot unless you meet the set criteria until after you submit payment information. I knew that beforehand, but for unsuspecting customers, a clearer "warning" would be good.

1 hour ago, TunnyLoyal said:

In the past if you booked official trip even with 0 points you got a ticket. Used to annoy life out of me getting a knock back for a ticket on 3 or 4 points booking trips myself and people on 0 points got 1 so they could fill the plane.

Don't begrudge anyone else a ticket when I don't get one, but if that happens, the club will be getting shit off me, and should from anyone else that it happens to.

5 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

Don't begrudge anyone else a ticket when I don't get one, but if that happens, the club will be getting shit off me, and should from anyone else that it happens to.

I'm flying out but I have 0 points and I'm not a season ticket holder - agree with you, those who have committed over the years should be prioritised. I'll just be happy to come along for The Sash Bash!  

1 hour ago, TunnyLoyal said:

In the past if you booked official trip even with 0 points you got a ticket. Used to annoy life out of me getting a knock back for a ticket on 3 or 4 points booking trips myself and people on 0 points got 1 so they could fill the plane.

I'm hoping to get one via this route in this exact manner, but agree it's wrong and harsh on guys on more points doing it different ways.

Not sure if it's still the case or whether points now play a part via TC too.

2 hours ago, TunnyLoyal said:

I tend to agree with you. For this campaign, the demand will be high for the day trip especially with the price, so I can imagine those on 0pts will struggle to get a ticket.

19 minutes ago, lau03143 said:

I tend to agree with you. For this campaign, the demand will be high for the day trip especially with the price, so I can imagine those on 0pts will struggle to get a ticket.

Loads had booked up before TC announcement and the sports options flight is full they are running another from edinburgh. 

3 hours ago, TunnyLoyal said:

Selfishly I’m hoping that will be the case this year aswell. 

Whichever way you go those on most points should get the tickets. It will be a scandal if someone on nil points gets a ticket before someone on points simply because they are filling Thomas cooks pockets. And I say that as someone on nil points. As has been said hopefully Rapid are out of it by then, with their attendances they don't seem like they would fill their ground if that's the case.

6 hours ago, TunnyLoyal said:

I agree that’s rubbish.

I guess it’s part and parcel of having a contract for an official partner though and guaranteeing them some kind of commercial viability.

Seen on Thomas Cook website that the day trip is now sold out? 

Yet I received an email from Rangers stating I would be informed of the deadline for applying. 

So if 300 odd people on 0 points sell out the flight before the deadline it’s tough luck on everyone else with more points. 

Absolute shambles if this is the case. 

Yes ive had time to apply but was waiting on pay day on Friday as I thought there was time. 

Not a happy bear.

20 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

Why have a points system if the official flight sells out on a first come first serve system?? 

It doesn’t the points system comes into effect for instance am on 3 points your on 0 and there is only 1 space on the plane I would get it. Those on 0 points that get a space on the plane will get a ticket before someone going indi as they always want to fill the official plane first. 

Seems strange it’s saying sold out, must have a few hundred applied for it. 

23 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

It doesn’t the points system comes into effect for instance am on 3 points your on 0 and there is only 1 space on the plane I would get it. Those on 0 points that get a space on the plane will get a ticket before someone going indi as they always want to fill the official plane first. 

Back open now.

They probably meant to close the Villarreal one or something 

22 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Yes that is how it should work, but they have now closed applications for the flight,  so me and my brother now can’t go on 3 points because it’s over subscribed before a closing date, hardly fair is it.