***The Official Rangers V Spartak Moscow Match Thread***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

Totally in control, they haven't made a single chance.

Expect our fitness and pressing to run over the top of them second half as we did with the other Russian lot.

I see Villarreal are running riot against Rapid.

This

I don't think Spartak are even that bad, I just think we pressed them and made them look bad first half.  Same again second and hopefully they will cave.  We just need to keep switched on at the back and the goal should come.

6 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

We have looked good but Spartak are far from decent mate ?

I don't think they've been decent tonight but I think they are a decent side. To be very comfortable, against Spartak Moscow considering where we were before the season started was the point I was trying to make (albeit I probably didn't make that clear)! ?

We've dominated this game but it has to be said the Russian's have defended really well. Some of our balls in to the box haven't been the best but the ones that have have been met with Spartak head more often than not. As others have said I expect our fitness levels to play a major part in the latter stages of the game.

2 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

The table at 1/2 time

Screenshot-2018-10-25-at-21-00-15-Edited

Villareal doing us a favour just now

If we were to get there, how does the next stage work - do the second placed teams get paired up with the CL 'rejects' (a-la potentially Spurs, United etc), or is it mixed?

Archived