Missiles

Dan Deacon

Just watched highlights of our match on Sportscene (I know, I know) and while they showed footage of Morelos being struck by the coin, they inexplicably chose to focus more on a story that coins were apparently being aimed at Craig Samson as well. Typical BBC really.

1 hour ago, GM63 said:

Morelos was lucky that coin didn’t ricochet onto a St Mirren fan or player as it would have been deemed an instant red,

If Morelos had pocketed the coin and given the thumbs up to his benefactor, Collum probably would have sent him off.

The reality is things are thrown at hundreds of games every season.  It’s not right but it happens...if any journalist had the inclination and time they could review footage of most games and see evidence of objects being thrown onto the pitch.  I’ve seen fuckin darts, golf balls, bottles and plenty other stuff thrown at games in Scotland over the years.  It’s only ever news though if it hits someone and it’s only ever sectarian if one certain individual is involved.