The Media Agenda

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Mandelson got a seat in the House of Lords, he was guilty of mortgage fraud and passport irregularities. I don’t give a fuck about football or other violence, we’ve all did things we regret as we get older. The issue here is censorship.

He's being 'censored' for breaching their rules on hate-speech. They have no obligation to provide TR or anyone else for that matter a platform. If he doesn't want 'censored' then he has to operate within the rules of the platform being used.

1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

Mandelson got a seat in the House of Lords, he was guilty of mortgage fraud and passport irregularities. I don’t give a fuck about football or other violence, we’ve all did things we regret as we get older. The issue here is censorship.

Might be an idea to attack Mandelson rather jump to Robinson's side though. Both cunts, one gets an easy ride, but it doesn't mean I have to listen to the one that gets the harder time feel sorry for himself. He's still an arsehole that deserves shit, even if Mandelson is too but doesn't get it.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

But when you know the methods TR uses to put his point across - doing the same as he accuses other of doing to him - then it kills any credibility he has whatsoever (not that I think a convicted mortgage fraudster who uses a fake name has any).

If the point of the documentary is doing what he alleges is done to him then it does nothing to make a valid point about the BBC's reporting techniques because, as you admit, he is simply doing to them what they do to him. Utterly pointless tit for tat stuff.

I do get what you mean about validity and integrity. I think we also have to look at it with clear, impartial eyes and leave our prejudices and opinions at the door.

We are all smart enough to watch something and know when  something has been embellished and to discard it as not credible. 

It is to a point tit for tat, but he does catch them in an ambush, and the documentary does highlight some really improper conduct (all caught on camera).

What I'm saying is, the "TR is a cunt" reply is fine if you watch it. If not, then it's a bit sad that judgements can be formed based on what you read in the press or see on the news. That's the whole point of it, and to bring it round to our situation, people who aren't part of our fan base would likely buy in to a lot of the negativity about us (most of it not caught on camera), with some of it being manufactured or misrepresented.

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I do get what you mean about validity and integrity. I think we also have to look at it with clear, impartial eyes and leave our prejudices and opinions at the door.

We are all smart enough to watch something and know when  something has been embellished and to discard it as not credible. 

It is to a point tit for tat, but he does catch them in an ambush, and the documentary does highlight some really improper conduct (all caught on camera).

What I'm saying is, the "TR is a cunt" reply is fine if you watch it. If not, then it's a bit sad that judgements can be formed based on what you read in the press or see on the news. That's the whole point of it, and to bring it round to our situation, people who aren't part of our fan base would likely buy in to a lot of the negativity about us (most of it not caught on camera), with some of it being manufactured or misrepresented.

Yeah, but the I think we as a support can do without putting ourselves on the same side as TR, even if in some ways we are. In too many others we really, really shouldn't be.

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

It doesn't catch anyone in an ambush because it lacks the credibility to be taken at face-value given Robinson's history of editing footage to falsely portray a narrative that doesn't match reality.

If I made a video about how the BBC mistreated Rangers and used lots of footage out of context that doesn't match reality then it doesn't matter whether there's a sliver in truth to what I've said because the bulk of it is deliberate bullshit.

I've read enough about Robinson on my own to form an opinion on the guy without it being shaped by the media. Judgements have been formed based on his previous actions which show him to be a manipulative, racist liar.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah he does. Paki this, wee Paki that, smelly Paki this... unless we're going to redefine racist language to suit, of course.

There's no place for that in society to be honest. I haven't seen him use that language but should obviously be condemned for doing so. 

On 12/02/2019 at 16:58, The Dude said:

Far from it. I said long before I wrote for them that I don't buy there being an anti-Rangers agenda across the media. There are some bollocks writers who can't wait to take a shot at us - quite a few of them tbf - but there's no editorial agenda to demonise us.

Wake the fuck up James.

The BBC are institutionally ;leftist, and that dictates all they do and all they think...their reportage is 100% biased. FFS if you cannot see that there is something wrong with you.

As for the Daily Record...they are fully within the Mirror Group, who are again a fully leftist outfit.

Rangers fans should realise that the attack on our club was a political assassination job: the leftists and the tims  being fully in the same mindset, and the result, our downfall, shared with equal delight in both groups.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

There's no place for that in society to be honest. I haven't seen him use that language but should obviously be condemned for doing so. 

I've seen and heard it.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah he does. Paki this, wee Paki that, smelly Paki this... unless we're going to redefine racist language to suit, of course.

Mind the wee syrian boy that got attacked that TR made up a story about him deserving it for attacking two girls. Turned out to be absolute shite too.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, but the I think we as a support can do without putting ourselves on the same side as TR, even if in some ways we are. In too many others we really, really shouldn't be.

Absolutely get your point. We shouldn't become involved with the political side of it. The similarity I'm highlighting is the media coverage.

1 minute ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Wake the fuck up James.

The BBC are institutionally ;leftist, and that dictates all they do and all they think...their reportage is 100% biased. FFS if you cannot see that there is something wrong with you.

As for the Daily Record...they are fully within the Mirror Group, who are again a fully leftist outfit.

Rangers fans should realise that the attack on our club was a political assassination job: the leftists and the tims  being fully in the same mindset, and the result, our downfall, shared with equal delight in both groups.

The Mirrir group no longer exists. I guess they are utterly leftist though given they are the publishers of right wing tabloid the Daily Express.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Mind the wee syrian boy that got attacked that TR made up a story about him deserving it for attacking two girls. Turned out to be absolute shite too.

Yeah. It's a litany of shite from that guy, but we can't call him out on it cause he 'tells it like it is re Muslims and immigration' or some shit. That's sure what it seems like.

The Mirrir group no longer exists. I guess they are utterly leftist though given they are the publishers of right wing tabloid the Daily Express.

Are you taking the fucking piss? 

The Express Group owner sold the entire holding to the Mirror mob. If you think those left wing cunts are going to keep the Express where it is in the political spectrum you are an idiot. They will "Fabianise" the paper and gradually turn it leftwards. 

That is how left wing cunts operate. It is the soft approach in contrast to the street rioting which tends to upset folks..they find it works much more effectively.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Yeah. It's a litany of shite from that guy, but we can't call him out on it cause he 'tells it like it is re Muslims and immigration' or some shit. That's sure what it seems like.

He's nothing more than a career criminal who leads the easily-led.

It doesn't catch anyone in an ambush because it lacks the credibility to be taken at face-value given Robinson's history of editing footage to falsely portray a narrative that doesn't match reality.

If I made a video about how the BBC mistreated Rangers and used lots of footage out of context that doesn't match reality then it doesn't matter whether there's a sliver in truth to what I've said because the bulk of it is deliberate bullshit.

I've read enough about Robinson on my own to form an opinion on the guy without it being shaped by the media. Judgements have been formed based on his previous actions which show him to be a manipulative, racist liar.

I do understand what you mean about credibility due to instances where there may have been falsification or embellishments on his part. That is fine, and completely your right and your opinion. 

I would counter that though and say that there have been a few newspapers who have printed falsehoods about people and about our club. They have later retracted articles and have made public apologies. 

Does that mean that every article that newspaper prints forevermore after, then has to be treated like it is not truthful or accurate? If course not. 

As I've said, he is not whiter than white but I do believe that there is enough evidence there to show foul play and unethical reporting. I'm not just relating it to TR, I'm looking at the wider picture. 

Just now, Helicopter Sundae said:

Are you taking the fucking piss? 

The Express Group owner sold the entire holding to the Mirror mob. If you think those left wing cunts are going to keep the Express where it is in the political spectrum you are an idiot. They will "Fabianise" the paper and gradually turn it leftwards. 

We're a year down the line and there's no sign of any change.

5 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I do understand what you mean about credibility due to instances where there may have been falsification or embellishments on his part. That is fine, and completely your right and your opinion. 

I would counter that though and say that there have been a few newspapers who have printed falsehoods about people and about our club. They have later retracted articles and have made public apologies. 

Does that mean that every article that newspaper prints forevermore after, then has to be treated like it is not truthful or accurate? If course not. 

As I've said, he is not whiter than white but I do believe that there is enough evidence there to show foul play and unethical reporting. I'm not just relating it to TR, I'm looking at the wider picture. 

The big difference with newspapers is that you have the possibility to raise an issue with inaccuracies and have it dealt with and retracted etc. With the likes of TR there is no such watchdog to deal with falsehoods.

If the Record lie about Rangers then you can complain to IPSO and they can fine the paper and force them to correct the story.

If the media lie about TR he can take a similar path. Many are made by TR and his supporters. Very few are upheld.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

The big difference with newspapers is that you have the possibility to raise an issue with inaccuracies and have it dealt with and retracted etc. With the likes of TR there is no such watchdog to deal with falsehoods.

If the Record lie about Rangers then you can complain to IPSO and they can fine the paper and force them to correct the story.

If the media lie about TR he can take a similar path. Many are made by TR and his supporters. Very few are upheld.

That's a good point. The reporter TR ambushed did ask for a right to reply, which obviously he was refused. 

I guess that then puts us in the realm of opinions and who's we believe. 

I didn't want to name names with the papers (just for impartiality):sherlock:

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

But when you know the methods TR uses to put his point across - doing the same as he accuses other of doing to him - then it kills any credibility he has whatsoever (not that I think a convicted mortgage fraudster who uses a fake name has any).

If the point of the documentary is doing what he alleges is done to him then it does nothing to make a valid point about the BBC's reporting techniques because, as you admit, he is simply doing to them what they do to him. Utterly pointless tit for tat stuff.

The point being the BBC should simply not be behaving in such a manner, regardless of others.

There's been no response from the BBC that ive seen that he's doctored or corrupted evidence, yet that's some of what he's calling them out on.  Strange that if that's what he's done.

But what the BBC have been exposed as doing is simply corrupt, illegal possibly but certainly targetted and immoral, and for me the parallels are clear to see.

The BBC should be above reproach when it comes to ethics and standards. It's an obvious fail with TR, just as it is with their Scottish wing.

22 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Unsurprisingly this has been turned into a TR debate. 

The video was put up to show what the BBC is capable of, and allow viewers if they wish to draw parallels/ conclusions with what Traynor highlighted recently.

A few of us did try and steer it back in track, but unfortunately it's easier to just shout "arsehole" louder than anyone else and the point gets lost. 

Which, ironically, is what the media do when valid points are raised against them, though the dude did debate at points. 

We see it now across Europe and in the US, no government wants it populace to either know the truth or report the truth, nor show any dissent against the lies and failed policies.

Censorship is becoming more like that under the old Soviet Union, along with all the other laws that oppress personal freedoms for the masses.

Speak out against the narrative and you become the target. TR and ourselves are good examples of that. 

No matter what you think of TR , he is merely pointing out the inequity and the duplicity involved in suppressing freedom of speech. He has as much right to call it out as the next man and more power to the guy for having the coheenies to do it.

These days you tell the truth and you're the bad guy. Just a pity the gullible liberalist snow flakes lap up the narrative, trying too hard to take the moral high ground and are a bigger danger to society and civil liberties than TR could ever be.

So fuck the BBC, fuck the taigs and to all who appease them, your mirror is in the post, not that they would fucking see anything.

Archived